Subject: "Murder-wake" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #1331
Show all folders

RomanulSun 15-Jun-03 07:30 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
114 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1331, "Murder-wake"

Just wanted to know how you guys feel about the whole murder-wake thing. I am on two mindsets really. I mean, its a bit unrealistic, and this scenario has been used before I think: You come home, see your bro unconcious on the floor with 2 guys holding machetes getting ready to do some home-made sushi styles on him, and the first thing that goes through your mind is to grab that kitchen knife and give him one in the ribs to wake him the #### up!

Also, some sleep may be magical, and intense pain might break the magic. But other forms of sleep, like traps or poisons, might be chemical, and if your knocked out in rl with drugs, no amount of pain is going to wake you up until that #### wears off. That said, it would be quite crappy if the attacker had to wait until the sleep wore off to attack his victims. In my opinion, the murder-wake thing just seems kind of silly from an rp perspective though.

What do YOU think?

Romanul.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

IsildurSun 15-Jun-03 10:39 PM
5969 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1337, "RE: Murder-wake"
In response to Reply #0

I'll tell you what *I* hate: when I get murder-woken by a bard (who just finished maledicting me) while his buddy spams bash.

Game-balance thought:

Have lagging skills (bash, trip, etc.) wake magically slept targets.

Haven't thought this through...may be some problems.

UlulariSun 15-Jun-03 05:28 PM
120 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1336, "RE: Murder-wake"
In response to Reply #0

Grab that kitchen knife and give him one in the ribs?

Nuh uh...

Kick him in the ribs, get out of his way and worry about the knife later.

DallevianSun 15-Jun-03 12:19 PM
1618 posts
#1332, "No thanks."
In response to Reply #0

I'll take game balance over reality any day.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #1331 Previous topic | Next topic