Subject: "Give/Plant & Stepping Out of Shadows" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #126
Show all folders

Uncle BobMon 11-Mar-02 09:23 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
166 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#126, "Give/Plant & Stepping Out of Shadows"

As a thief, there are occassions where I would like to give something to a person anonymously, could be for several reasons. The biggest is rp...there are several cool reasons to want to give or 'plant' something on someone; the problem is currently you always step out of the shadows. One case in particular I would have loved to have done something, but it would have been completely ruined by my stepping out. It had nothing to do with pk/balance at that time, only wanting to do something cool.

There are pk reasons as well, of course. If you jack someone, or actually - if you DON'T jack someone, and want to place something confusing on them, you don't want to make your presence obvious by stepping out (to them, or to others with them). There might be balance considerations here, but honestly I think the rp value outweighs whatever balance is maintained by showing someone stepping out.

If nothing else, perhaps the thief might gain a plant skill...planting an item with a chance of stepping out if failing.

Just a thought from someone who is desperately trying to avoid working today.

One more medicated peaceful moment...give me
One more medicated peaceful moment

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Cyradia (Guest)Mon 11-Mar-02 12:59 PM

#127, "Hypothetically speaking..."
In response to Reply #0

If there were a huge thief revamp in the works...there would be pieces of this revamp that would take care of this wish.

Side note, I vaguely remember a plant skill that was used as a quest skill...although I couldn't tell you the characters or the situations this was used in.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #126 Previous topic | Next topic