Subject: "Scion + Empire" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #1244
Show all folders

ORBWed 11-Jun-03 02:50 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
993 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1244, "Scion + Empire"

Just curious, I hear complaining about how evil is getting it's ass whooped. I know that Scion and Empire have some animosity towards each other, but is it out right forbidden for them to work together? I would think that Imm smackdowns would only be given if they become bossom buddies, not for teaming up now and again to keep from being slaughtered. Just curious on peoples opinions on this.

That which does not kill us,
makes us stronger.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

BeroxxusWed 11-Jun-03 12:20 PM
Member since 25th Apr 2003
176 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1257, "RE: Scion + Empire"
In response to Reply #0

Well this something that is really should be discussed in the game. We (Immortals) have had several discussions about this. All I will advise is ask your local Cabal Leader/Immortal of what the status of war between the two cabals is.

Also there will be times where a leader of a cabal will make a decision that us (the immortals) do not agree with and at which point is usually pointed out. Each Immortal has his/her own way of dealing with this both OOC and IC ways. Trust in us, as we seek to make the game balanced.

GwynWed 11-Jun-03 12:04 PM
Member since 17th Apr 2003
38 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1256, "brought over from Battlefield...Please discuss!"
In response to Reply #0

Lightmage:
The fortress is a well tuned machine. They bitch rank their
members, aid anyone of their young who is in need with
sanc,ect., and the morale is great. If one of them dies,
they are regeared by 10 others in mere minutes.

Zulg:
That seems permanently attached at the hip currently to
Warlock & Sylvan. We fixed the problem of old of Masters &
Empire, now there is a new problem to fix.

Cabal Observer:
Allinaces should not be "fixed" and here's why:
Alliances between cabals are most often formed by leadership decisions and roleplay and are very much affected by the roleplay and actions of the individual members of the cabals involved. What I have observed is that these alliances do and will shift. Right now the Tower and the Grove are at war and Fortress is often caught in the middle, having to choose which side to support since they are allied with both. But that isn't set in concrete. There are things that happen IC that can change this completely, depending on the actions of certain individuals in the cabals mentioned. Cabal issues and alliances are completely dependent on roleplay of the players (and cabal IMMS) involved and should be allowed to develop in the way the players see fit. I can say for certain from what I have observed as my character IC that the at-hip attachment that has been mentioned here and observed in game may not last long, then again it could go on for a very long time. IT DEPENDS ON ROLEPLAY. Certain recent developments could change things drastically or might just go by the wayside.

This is one of the GREAT things about CF...the actions of a few players can change things very quickly...a lot depends on who does what and who reacts in what way to things that happen. It leaves it all up to chance, to fate, to the choices of individual players, to the choices of leaders of organizations. It's like reading a book where you simply can't look ahead and read the ending, you have to wait for the collaboration of various writers to make it up as they go along. This makes it FUN...don't "fix" it.

My point here is that the current alliance situation does not need "fixing" any more than the good/evil flux does, it will resolve itself on its own in the long run. And if and when the Imperials rank up (and I don't doubt that they eventually will), the balance of power will be there again anyway. Maybe it will be even stronger on the Evil/Imperial side at that point, who knows?

I really think that the Empire leaders should also have some say as to whether they can ally with Scion or not, too. Maybe it is in the current laws that they can't for good reason. But shouldn't the laws be subject to change perhaps, maybe by a vote of the Council, maybe by a vote of the citizens? Maybe whoever becomes Emperor would be able to decide if/when an alliance or at least a truce could be made and then ask for a vote? Some might vote for (because they want some allies and support) while others might vote against (because they like taking and holding the sceptre). This way the alliance thing could fluctuate and change...which in my opinion makes the game fun and keeps it interesting.

WilhathWed 11-Jun-03 09:50 AM
Member since 19th May 2003
528 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1250, "Imperial Law prohibits it. Period."
In response to Reply #0

Something about being demoted and/or anathema for directly assisting Scions. I actually tried to get the other council members to just ease off of Scion so they could at least have their Scepter when the Fortress, Maran, or Warlocks didn't but they said they were going to take it whenever possible.

So much for "the enemy of my enemy is my friend."

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #1244 Previous topic | Next topic