Subject: "Whirlwind of Steal" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #1067
Show all folders

KalindarThu 15-May-03 11:15 PM
Member since 20th Mar 2003
17 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#1067, "Whirlwind of Steal"

How exactly does this work?? I mean i figure if my enemy has lower dex i should land more hits similar to how an axe lands more hits then a dagger would(not quiet that extream). But I havn't relaly noticed much. Maybe I'm just not paying attention i don't know.

You move from one strike to the next with the speed of the Whirlwind of Steel.

would seem that i would land more strikes but I don't see it that much. Ohh well thats my little rant maybe you could take a look at it and up it a little.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

nepentheThu 15-May-03 11:34 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
3430 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1068, "Whirlwind of SteEl"
In response to Reply #0

Whirlwind works just fine.

You're right that it depends on a speed advantage to function.

You're wrong a bit in how you think it works.

You're definitely wrong a bit in expecting it to destroy everyone simply because your character has a moderately high dex (e.g. 23).

There's more than one way to be faster than your opponent. There's even more than one way to have a higher dex than your opponent. The more of them you can capitalize on, the more this legacy will do for you.

IsildurFri 16-May-03 03:00 AM
5969 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1069, "RE: Whirlwind of SteEl"
In response to Reply #1

In other words, if you haste yourself and pick a weapon spec that allows you to massively lower your opponent's dexterity...this legacy should do crazy things. Mace, dagger, spear.

nepentheFri 16-May-03 03:10 AM
3430 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1070, "RE: Whirlwind of Steel"
In response to Reply #2

That would indeed be one idea, grasshopper. Someday you may yet snatch the pebble from my hand.

UlthurFri 16-May-03 08:47 AM
44 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1072, "Poor sensei"
In response to Reply #3

That would indeed be one idea, grasshopper. Someday you may yet snatch the pebble from my hand.

Heh, I just had this image of the wise old sensei with his shaved head and robes standing before the young student and saying that, then the student pulls out a dagger, slices his hamstring, slices an artery, then stabs him and twists the dagger brutally... then grabbs the pebble.

Thus are CF characters born.

Ulthur

"Don't worry cutsy buttons. Tonight, dyin's not on the menu!"

- Strong Bad as Dangeresque

GwynFri 16-May-03 01:38 PM
Member since 17th Apr 2003
38 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1076, "Hehehe"
In response to Reply #4
Edited on Fri 16-May-03 01:41 PM

You are really funny Ulthur. No, seriously, this made me laugh and eased some of the tension and stress of my workday.

Thanks!

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #1067 Previous topic | Next topic