Subject: "Small idea on "Tell" command" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #1056
Show all folders

SnorkyTheWalrusWed 14-May-03 09:41 PM
Member since 12th May 2003
2 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1056, "Small idea on "Tell" command"

Though it's entirely possible that it might be more trouble than it's worth, I wouldn't mind seeing something programmed in so that if you were somehow blinded or simply could not see a person speaking, rather than simply

"Someone tells you 'kdghklaflkajsflkasjd'"

You would see something more like...

"Someone with a deep voice tells you 'lasdkflskaj'"
or
"Someone with a soft, serene voice tells you 'lkdjflskf'"

Now, these could be done either hardcoded for the different races (maybe just 3-4 different types of voices to help you recognize when you hear "someone." You're blind... not deaf Another way, which allows more free will (a dangerous thing in a text game) would be to create a command so that they could change it to customize their own tells...

"Someone with a deep, booming voice tells you 'alsfsd'"

I dunno, just a thought!

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

QuisletSun 18-May-03 07:09 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
240 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1097, "RE: Small idea on"
In response to Reply #0

Personally, I kind of like the idea. I don't like hard coding voices based on race so much, but since so many people continually send tells when invisible and otherwise, it would be handy. Sure, if you can see most people it's usually just the Sylvans that show up as 'someone', but what if your detect invis fell, or you're blinded, or somehow stuck without light? In the confusing times when you have multiple 'someones' talking to you at once, it would be good to have some way to tell them apart, even if it's as simple as gender based or class based.

An etell like esay could be enough, if people used it.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #1056 Previous topic | Next topic