Subject: "Hell & Silent tower." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #45837
Show all folders

Guest123 (Anonymous)Wed 13-Jun-12 01:33 PM
Charter member
#45837, "Hell & Silent tower."

Question for imms:
As far as I understand both areas are closed. Any feedback on when us mortals will be allowed in?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: Hell, Scarabaeus, 14-Jun-12 11:41 AM, #6
Reply Any chance you would consider letting the first circle ..., TJHuron, 14-Jun-12 04:09 PM, #7
     Reply RE: Any chance you would consider letting the first cir..., Graatch, 14-Jun-12 04:45 PM, #8
          Reply Heh, isn't that what makes an area cool?, TJHuron, 14-Jun-12 06:22 PM, #9
               Reply What would that be? Fapping to the bull? n/t, Alston, 14-Jun-12 08:44 PM, #10
                    Reply I'm not sure what fapping means..., TJHuron, 14-Jun-12 09:43 PM, #11
Reply RE: Hell & Silent tower., Daevryn, 14-Jun-12 11:18 AM, #5
Reply Ooooh please do that soon! :), Amberion, 14-Jun-12 11:01 PM, #12
Reply I hope it opens, Gaplemo, 15-Jun-12 12:06 AM, #13
Reply I know why ST is closed but why is Hell?, TJHuron, 14-Jun-12 08:40 AM, #3
Reply Was for a revamp, Gaplemo, 14-Jun-12 09:34 AM, #4
Reply I've never been to either. I can't stand exploring beca..., Alston, 13-Jun-12 04:32 PM, #1
     Reply Every time I visit silent and hell, Gaplemo, 13-Jun-12 09:10 PM, #2

ScarabaeusThu 14-Jun-12 11:41 AM
Member since 19th Feb 2011
1524 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#45846, "RE: Hell"
In response to Reply #0

I don't have an ETA on a re-opening of Hell. I get distracted by shiny things, which is why I have worked on other things as well. The Plane of Shadow is turning out nicely, though.

TJHuronThu 14-Jun-12 04:09 PM
Member since 28th Nov 2007
1132 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#45881, "Any chance you would consider letting the first circle ..."
In response to Reply #6

I don't see how that would hurt anything. It's a cool area too.

GraatchThu 14-Jun-12 04:45 PM
Member since 14th Apr 2010
167 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#45888, "RE: Any chance you would consider letting the first cir..."
In response to Reply #7

>I don't see how that would hurt anything. It's a cool area
>too.

You misspelled that, you meant to write, "I don't see how that would hurt anything. It's got lots of cool equ I want!!"

TJHuronThu 14-Jun-12 06:22 PM
1132 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#45899, "Heh, isn't that what makes an area cool?"
In response to Reply #8

Seriously, though. Gear is a big part of it, but, the area has other nice uses, for me at least.

AlstonThu 14-Jun-12 08:44 PM
Member since 07th Sep 2011
858 posts
#45909, "What would that be? Fapping to the bull? n/t"
In response to Reply #9

sdf

TJHuronThu 14-Jun-12 09:43 PM
1132 posts
#45911, "I'm not sure what fapping means..."
In response to Reply #10

But, it has nothing to do with the bull. Occasionally, with certain characters builds, I've found it a useful area for practicing in the later ranks.

DaevrynThu 14-Jun-12 11:18 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#45843, "RE: Hell & Silent tower."
In response to Reply #0

I don't know if or when I'll ever get around to revamping the Tower to where I'm happy with it being permanently open again, but I opened it as a limited-time-special for a little over a month around the end of 2011 and probably will do something like that again in the future.

AmberionThu 14-Jun-12 11:01 PM
Member since 06th Jun 2007
945 posts
#45913, "Ooooh please do that soon! :)"
In response to Reply #5

My vaccation is coming up and I'd LOVE spending it trying to unravel the mysteries of the tower. I'd like to think I got pretty far as Fjodir. hehe

Same goes for hell!

Always shoot first and then call whatever you hit the target.

GaplemoFri 15-Jun-12 12:06 AM
Member since 06th May 2010
618 posts
#45914, "I hope it opens"
In response to Reply #5

It's one of the cooler things to do in the game. It's easily monitored, and my view on it is sorta a how much harm could it do view. CF's numbers are hurting, and silent tower is a super interesting way to spend your time if your range is empty or you just want some alone time for a while. All it could do is boost numbers, I doubt it being open would run anyone off. When it opened over xmas, did anyone even do the "main" quest even once? Or get any archmage gear? Seems like it remained mostly low key except for the uber obvious stuff everyone always does anyways.

It's your area, so obviously you get the call on those things, and I don't want to run you off the idea of it being open by asking but I think the more it's open, the better for CF. Unless you play the game solely for PK, CF gets sort of boring in the hero range if you are a long time player. No hell right now, and no silent tower leaves little excitement for the players that have already seen all the other areas a dozen times. Tiamat is sort of a challenge, but it's only a fraction of the excitement of a well thought out area imo. Tiamat is like a 9 room area, silent tower still has parts nobody has ever seen likely.

I vote you open it up for the summer while numbers are usually low (CF always has lower numbers in summer as compared to when school starts). That way the pinch of a smaller range and less to do doesn't sting as bad

Wishful thinking for me at least. I know I didn't even get close to my fill last time it was open. Not like I can get my fill right now anyways, being limited to weekend CF for now

TJHuronThu 14-Jun-12 08:40 AM
1132 posts
#45840, "I know why ST is closed but why is Hell?"
In response to Reply #0

And for some reason I had it in my head that in the past when they closed Hell they closed it starting at the 2nd circle.

I think it would be cool to at least still have the 1st circle open since you can still return to the Thera from there. It Is a great area with some nice stuff and it seems to me more like any other high level area.

GaplemoThu 14-Jun-12 09:34 AM
618 posts
#45841, "Was for a revamp"
In response to Reply #3

Scarab closed hell a bit over a year ago for a revamp of hell. It wasn't because anybody did anything bad this time. He just wanted to put finishing polish on the area, it was originally opened unfinished. Nobody knows exactly what he was doing to it, or if and when it is going to be open again. Patiently waiting myself, like a lot of people I imagine.

Scarab, please open hell back up so we can raze and pillage down there. Pretty please

AlstonWed 13-Jun-12 04:32 PM
Member since 07th Sep 2011
858 posts
#45838, "I've never been to either. I can't stand exploring beca..."
In response to Reply #0

But I would like to do ST once someday. Mostly because something Daev said a few years ago makes me think there's things still undiscovered by mortals in there.

GaplemoWed 13-Jun-12 09:10 PM
618 posts
#45839, "Every time I visit silent and hell"
In response to Reply #1

I learn something new about the area. Even when I was running 5-6 satan trips a month, EVERY time I went down there, I always found some new interesting item, or mob, or inscription on a window, or hidden room, etc. Same with silent, I was constantly progressing each trip, no matter how much I thought I knew, I would always surprise myself.

Super, super, super cool areas. I pray they open again before my CF career comes to a close. Would probably keep me hooked for a while again.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #45837 Previous topic | Next topic