Subject: "My idea on the whole lich/zombie debate." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #25977
Show all folders

SarienTue 28-Jul-09 04:11 PM
Member since 14th Feb 2009
740 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#25977, "My idea on the whole lich/zombie debate."

For a long time, I have thought that Liches/Zombies moreso Liches do not fit with CF. To me, they are an archaic past time. Rather than end with saying they are too OP for the current implementation of the game (where warrior haste preps are nil etc/anti gang code) I wish to propose my idea to revamp lich/zombie and the necromancer class in general.

First off, Necro's are the only class in the game who cannot rank to hero without "transforming" in some either IMM quest, or auto quest way. I say do away with that. Allow necro's to hero. Give them a highly nerfed version of the ritual of abominations spell (nerf duration on things like righteousness/etc, or come up with new affects) This will still allow people to become pretty damn powerful if they keep their PK ratio up, but not entirely out of whack due to the undead immunity to sleep/bleeding/poison/disease/blindness/age etc.

Allow people to still quest to become a zombie or lich. The advantage being all of the aforementioned immunities..However, with one caveat

In all aspects, undead are generally regarded as enemies by the living. This holds true for vampires/zombies/liches in just about any RPG setting I've seen.

Take vampires for example, except for the type designed for gushing teenage girls, vampires in general regard the living as food, the living don't like this.

zombies...brains anyone? same deal.

I cannot see why anyone living would want to associate with some walking rotting corpse.

On this line, I beleive that the "trade off" for the benefit of being undead should be the removal of any cabal associations. Also: every living being should be gunning for these walking abominations. This will give the more experienced player an edge, and more enemies to choose from. I think that the immunities from being undead are quite a benefit.

The upside is, it wouldn't really affect current undead too horribly (except the no cabal part)

Any IMM thoughts/any thoughts on this idea at all?

-S

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

IgsoehWed 29-Jul-09 09:28 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
201 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#26002, "RE: My idea on the whole lich/zombie debate."
In response to Reply #0

What about making a number of mobs aggro to said undead character for the above reasons. Issues with morale when the undead is in the group?

DaevrynTue 28-Jul-09 04:48 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#25979, "RE: My idea on the whole lich/zombie debate."
In response to Reply #0

What you're not factoring in is that a lich that has no cabal responsibilities is much, much harder to kill than a lich that has cabal powers. Even Emperor cabal powers, which are the king of the cabal power world.

A caballed lich is an extremely hard enemy to deal with, but they're still an enemy you deal with.

An uncaballed lich is where unique gear can go for a long time without being seen by most of the game.

DervishTue 28-Jul-09 04:19 PM
Member since 11th Oct 2003
617 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via ICQ
#25978, "RE: My idea on the whole lich/zombie debate."
In response to Reply #0

Maybe I am poor at RP, but as some evil/neutral I can assume I would like to have them as allies unless I have a good chance to gank them down and get a kill.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #25977 Previous topic | Next topic