Subject: "CF Webcomic" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Marketing CF Topic #524
Show all folders

WarMageSun 04-Oct-09 10:44 AM
Member since 03rd Oct 2007
93 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#524, "CF Webcomic"

Alright folks!

So, here's the deal. We are trying to see if a webcomic based on CF is something that people would like to see.

We have Batman willing to draw it up, and Grobbak willing to set up a website to host it so that we can get our names out there. This thread is a general poll to see if we should move forward.

Please just post yes or no underneath this thread, and a constructive reason as to why 'no' if you do not agree. Hopefully we can get some great feedback here and maybe come up with a few more ideas!

LET THE POLLING BEGIN!

News flash, everybody on this ####ing MUD wants to be Rambo. We should have called it RamboMUD. ~Daevryn~

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Still interest in this? nt, Grobbak, 04-Dec-09 05:46 PM, #8
Reply Sure, still waiting to see the first one. :) nt, Rodriguez, 05-Dec-09 05:03 AM, #9
Reply RE: Still interest in this? nt, Splntrd, 18-Jan-10 12:14 PM, #10
Reply YES! n/t, Amberion, 27-Oct-09 05:29 AM, #7
Reply BUMP!, Grobbak, 27-Oct-09 12:30 AM, #5
Reply Yes. Some suggestions..., Smashtro, 04-Oct-09 05:52 PM, #4
Reply Yes. I think the comic is a good idea., DurNominator, 04-Oct-09 12:19 PM, #1
     Reply Also.., Grobbak, 04-Oct-09 12:48 PM, #2
          Reply Also also, Grobbak, 04-Oct-09 01:12 PM, #3
          Reply Also also also..., Grobbak, 27-Oct-09 12:32 AM, #6

GrobbakFri 04-Dec-09 05:46 PM
Member since 13th Jul 2009
174 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#533, "Still interest in this? nt"
In response to Reply #0

nt

RodriguezSat 05-Dec-09 05:03 AM
Member since 30th Jan 2005
367 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via ICQ
#534, "Sure, still waiting to see the first one. :) nt"
In response to Reply #8

nt

SplntrdMon 18-Jan-10 12:14 PM
Member since 08th Feb 2004
1096 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#542, "RE: Still interest in this? nt"
In response to Reply #8

I'll see about drawing some panels today or tomorrow. No promises for a long-term thing, but I wouldn't mind contributing.

Splntrd

AmberionTue 27-Oct-09 05:29 AM
Member since 06th Jun 2007
945 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#531, "YES! n/t"
In response to Reply #0

N/T

Always shoot first and then call whatever you hit the target.

GrobbakTue 27-Oct-09 12:30 AM
174 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#529, "BUMP!"
In response to Reply #0

Where are you guys at on this? Those interested in helping out, send me an email, I'd like to get the ball rolling!

G.

SmashtroSun 04-Oct-09 05:52 PM
Member since 09th Apr 2009
18 posts
#528, "Yes. Some suggestions..."
In response to Reply #0

* Good art. Doesn't have to be spectacular. Just not craptacular. Same with the writing. (This is the most important suggestion since the comic will probably be a comic reader's first impression of CF)

* Keep inside jokes to a minimum or leave them out. Keep plots, stories, etc. simple. Nothing obscure, complex.

* Have a cast of characters. An orc, a dwarf, etc. like in CF.

* Don't mix drama and comedy. Either or. Maybe future RPers will want to see serious stuff, but I'm thinking comedy is a better pick, since that's what alot of people look for when they read a comic.

* Update regularly. Once a week would be grand.

* Host the comic on its own site, but make sure to mix it in with webcomic sites, so it'll get more exposure.

DurNominatorSun 04-Oct-09 12:19 PM
Member since 08th Nov 2004
2018 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#525, "Yes. I think the comic is a good idea."
In response to Reply #0

Grobbak should put a big CF banner ad over all pages.

I think drawing a well told CF-related story, based on logs, for example, would be a good idea to lure in roleplayers who enjoy a good story. Random gags could also be entertaining, but they are not going to have as good bringing in power in terms of roleplayers as a well told story. Trying to get the comic visibility via link exchange with other webcomics and such isn't a bad idea either.

GrobbakSun 04-Oct-09 12:48 PM
174 posts
#526, "Also.."
In response to Reply #1

Under my thread, think of a domain name we can use.

So far what I've seen.

Available:
cfcomics.com
carrionfieldscomics.com

Either of those would work, but maybe someone else has something more clever in mind.

G.

GrobbakSun 04-Oct-09 01:12 PM
174 posts
#527, "Also also"
In response to Reply #2

Here is a site that does something similar for another game I used to play if anyone is looking for an example of what we are trying to do.

http://www.willyteecomics.com/index.php

G.

GrobbakTue 27-Oct-09 12:32 AM
174 posts
#530, "Also also also..."
In response to Reply #2

I'm seeing this as a blog, so people register/login, and make comments and stuff. Even post their own CF related stuff.

Top General Discussions Marketing CF Topic #524 Previous topic | Next topic