Subject: "Keep going!" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Marketing CF Topic #514
Show all folders

WarMageWed 30-Sep-09 08:37 AM
Member since 03rd Oct 2007
93 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#514, "Keep going!"

Alright folks, it's been five days since my original post here and already we have jumped over one hundred votes to get to, well at the time of this message, 42 votes till we hit the top ten! Keep it up!

Also! What other ideas do we have to get people's attention? Remember, this is still along the lines of 'Something Simple' so please keep the multi-billion dollar budget viral video campaigns till later when we have the "Something not so simple and totally over blown like Hollywood style campaign" portion of this marketing forum. OK?

AND-----BRAIN STORM! GO!

Also, read the "How can I chip in as a player?" thread in Gameplay(I think that's where it is) A lot of good ideas in there.

~~~ Have you voted for CF today?

News flash, everybody on this ####ing MUD wants to be Rambo. We should have called it RamboMUD. ~Daevryn~

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply WOO!, WarMage, 01-Oct-09 06:26 PM, #1
     Reply What about a web comic strip?, Smashtro, 01-Oct-09 08:08 PM, #2
          Reply RE: What about a web comic strip?, WarMage, 02-Oct-09 07:49 AM, #3
          Reply KEEP IT UP!, WarMage, 02-Oct-09 11:44 AM, #4
          Reply I'll draw it. NT, Batman (Anonymous), 02-Oct-09 01:10 PM, #5
               Reply RE: I'll draw it. NT, WarMage, 02-Oct-09 04:44 PM, #6
                    Reply There are free webcomic hosting sites, DurNominator, 03-Oct-09 09:44 AM, #7
                    Reply Hey, Grobbak, 03-Oct-09 12:11 PM, #8

WarMageThu 01-Oct-09 06:26 PM
93 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#515, "WOO!"
In response to Reply #0

In the top ten baby! That's what I like to see! 8 more votes and we take ninth place, well seven really, if you count the vote I just made! Keep it up!

And hey! Where's the ideas? Or do I need to get the ball rolling? OK...what about..

CF buttons? With the CF emblem on them. Can make those on the cheap if I remember correctly. Or...another newsletter? Let people know that we are still out here? I know that the last one that was sent out was quite some time ago.

Any other ideas? Thoughts? Flames? General brain storming?

News flash, everybody on this ####ing MUD wants to be Rambo. We should have called it RamboMUD. ~Daevryn~

SmashtroThu 01-Oct-09 08:08 PM
Member since 09th Apr 2009
18 posts
#516, "What about a web comic strip?"
In response to Reply #1

Doesn't have to be hosted on this site either. If it's good, funny, and consistent, then people might make the jump from strip to game. I know I read a comic strip a while back that was based on a game. I didn't get half of the inside jokes, but it made me want to try the game out.

WarMageFri 02-Oct-09 07:49 AM
93 posts
#517, "RE: What about a web comic strip?"
In response to Reply #2

Hmmm...not a bad idea. Someone would have to draw it up and host it of course but if anyone out there was willing to do it I can see why this would have some pulling power. Maybe if, whomever took this on, had a website already set up and just wanted to add it to a side bar or something, that way the cost thing wouldn't get to out of hand either. Especially good if the site already had to do with gaming.

Anyone want to step up and give that a shot? Anyone know someone who might?

Any other ideas?

WarMageFri 02-Oct-09 11:44 AM
93 posts
#518, "KEEP IT UP!"
In response to Reply #3

Just took fifth place folks, with 3 votes ( at the time of this message) between us and fourth place!

Nice job! Don't give up now!

Any other ideas for marketing on the cheap?

Post em here!

~~Have you voted for CF today?

Batman (inactive user)Fri 02-Oct-09 01:10 PM
Charter member
In response to Reply #2

ACHOO!

WarMageFri 02-Oct-09 04:41 PM
93 posts
#520, "RE: I'll draw it. NT"
In response to Reply #5
Edited on Fri 02-Oct-09 04:44 PM

Nice! Well that takes care of the drawing. Now we just need a location for someone to host it. Anyone got a website up and running with gaming or mudding as the theme, or someplace that we might be able to put Batmans hard work?

Also, fourth place! Four more votes and we take third! Keep it up guys we are doing great.

Any more ideas? Any other thoughts? Any IMMS got something bouncing around in the back of their heads that might be easy for some of us to do on the cheap?

As I said before...Brain storming GO!

~~Have you voted for CF today?

DurNominatorSat 03-Oct-09 09:44 AM
Member since 08th Nov 2004
2018 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#521, "There are free webcomic hosting sites"
In response to Reply #6

Such as Drunk Duck. The comic can be set up on one of such sites.

GrobbakSat 03-Oct-09 12:11 PM
Member since 13th Jul 2009
174 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#522, "Hey"
In response to Reply #6

I can create a web page to host it if there is interest.

Let me know.

G.

Top General Discussions Marketing CF Topic #514 Previous topic | Next topic