Subject: "Expanding Carrion Fields" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Marketing CF Topic #491
Show all folders

GasparMon 06-Apr-09 06:36 PM
Member since 08th Oct 2007
367 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#491, "Expanding Carrion Fields"

As I am aware that Zulg is quite good with the code, would an iPhone application be going too far? There will be a new OS for the iPhone by which iPhones can link up over wi-fi, to which I thought... PvP! Or even PvNPC, if it had the Carrion Fields appeal, I'd play it forever. I know I'd be the first one to buy it, you could even charge me 9.99 because I know it's going to a group of gifted individuals that deserve some much needed $$bling bling$$.

Is this idea bad?

It would be fun to brainstorm, but if I've gone to far please tell me.

Best Regards,

Demtok

P.S. I've been thinking of all the possibilities for a couple weeks now, but for some reason I've never put it on the forum because I've been too worried it would be a taboo topic. I just want to know if I'm thinking in the right direction.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

GasparMon 06-Apr-09 11:12 PM
367 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#492, "RE: Expanding Carrion Fields"
In response to Reply #0

http://mashable.com/2009/02/21/how-to-build-an-iphone-app/

The link above could be a start, anything to help this wild-tangent-of-an-idea to take off!

RodriguezTue 07-Apr-09 10:44 AM
Member since 30th Jan 2005
367 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via ICQ
#493, "Hmmm"
In response to Reply #1

As awesome as it would sound...
a) The licence doesnt allow selling
b) It would be a hell of a lot work
c) I have no idea how one could make an interface that allows an acceptable speed for interacting with the game.
I have a client on my palm (http://www.ifwiki.org/index.php/CliFrotz) so I can play some of these Interactive Fiction games like Zork and its not really a quick way to play.

GasparTue 07-Apr-09 11:32 AM
367 posts
#494, "RE: Hmmm"
In response to Reply #2
Edited on Tue 07-Apr-09 11:33 AM

Well, you could always have the auto-programmed functions.

<*look*><*attack*><*inventory*><*eat/drink*>

and you would just have to tap one to speed the process up while you explore, raid, whatever.

But yea, it would be a daunting task, and only people with iPhones would be able to play it, so there would be cons of course...

but anything with the Carrion Fields name and a link to the website could bring more CF'ers, and bring the daily peeks back up to 110+

Top General Discussions Marketing CF Topic #491 Previous topic | Next topic