Subject: "CF Fiction" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Logs Topic #2504
Show all folders

IgsoehWed 06-Apr-11 09:46 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
200 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2504, "CF Fiction"

So, I'm finally getting around to writing some. The first stuff I've got semi-completed is called Children of Jast. It's going to be a collection of short stories about the descendants of Kale and Arriku. But, since I am both lazy, and easily get writers block, I need some help from you guys. I have created a family tree that goes out 8 or 9 generations, and have annotated on it the cause of death for each person. What I want are requests/suggestions on which stories to write first, what you want to see elaborated on, etc. Especially you Baer!!

A web version of the family tree can be found here: http://www.myheritage.com/site-family-tree-147020821/children-jast

Now, how do I attach a PDF file or a JPEG around here?

Thanks in advance!!

Attached is the original beginning when I was planning on writing this in novel form.

The following is a tragedy. It can be explained no other way. The forbidden love between Kale and Arriku Jast threatened to upset the balance of light and dark. Many of the gods were displeased. Only Padwei, Yean and Neltouda would offer any of their descendents any kind of sanctuary. We shall begin, at a happy reunion of cousins.

“Well I’ll be damned,” the man spit on the ground as he leaned against the wall of his newly constructed hut. “If it isn’t my no good cousin the Stormrider. How long’s it been pretty boy”

“Hah! You call me the no good one?! Weren’t you the one who set Uncle Kylar’s library on fire?” The other man retorted in good nature, and embraced his younger cousin. He was just a bit taller and fairer than the younger man. His elven features a bit more pronounced. But both were Jast through and through. The intense blue eyes that both their grandparents had carried to their final days, stuck out. Both carried themselves with an air of confidence, as if they had were veterans of many campaigns, even though the older had built his hut in the famous Village only a year past, and the younger being a new recruit. They both had the barrel chest and the extremely handsome features of their grandsire. The two half-elves looked close enough to be brothers.

“Bah, my old man deserved it, dabbling in that magical filth like he does! I can’t believe grandma allowed that. She’s going to get an earful when she goes to the boatman to meet grandpa.” The younger man grunted and kicked at a freshly cut piece of wood.

“Speaking of earfuls,” the older man replied as he watched the piece of wood skitter across the dirt, “Any of the veterans giving you hell because of your name? To carry the same name as any Battlerager is an honor, but you’ve got your hands full living up to his I should think. His daring and dedication were well respected around here.” He chuckled as a memory came to him. “We were raiding this old mage tower deep in the mountains not long after I joined up. It was a tactical nightmare, and we were outnumbered at least six to one. The mood throughout the company was grim, and getting more so by the minute. One of the old veterans got this far off smile across his face and then started laughing. So I asked him what was so funny. He turned to me and said, “Well, that lunatic grandfather of yours and his only two friends, Gahdak and old Bartis. Those three would have barreled into that place without a second thought, and been squabbling with each other over things like whores and ale the entire time, oblivious to the real danger they would have been in. You know, the Beast and the Rock were crazy enough on their own, but throw your grandpa, Blades, into the mix…. Well, I think he could have talked them into tackling all the devils of hell, at the same time if he’d been of a mind to.””

“Yeah, that sounds like the stories that Jafra used to tell me when grandma and my father weren’t around. Only two of the veterans said anything to me. Bartis welcomed me and said he was glad to see me, asked about grandma and Aunt Hanna. Some old dwarf just grunted at me and said, “Yep, spittin image of the crazy bastard.” I suppose that’s a compliment. What about you? They give you any #### for being named after grandpa’s arch enemy?” The young man chuckled and brushed the long, dark hair out of his face.

“Sarien? I wouldn’t call them arch enemies. I think grandpa Kale had plenty other enemies.” He looked thoughtfully towards some commotion at the gates of the Village. “Besides, the gods never let them fight each other anyway. But yeah, I hear it every once in a while, and I’m pretty sure mom never told anyone, but my father is a relative of Sarien’s. Some elven princeling, or aristocrat or something. I’m glad I take after her and grandpa though, instead of THAT side of the family. Let‘s go see what that‘s all about” He started off in the direction of the fortified hillock, and his younger cousin fell in step right behind him.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

RayihnMon 11-Apr-11 04:21 PM
Member since 08th Oct 2006
1147 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2515, "Love it!"
In response to Reply #0

Of course, I love it!

I want to know what happened to Kylar and Hanna! Why is Hanna a spinster on the family tree! Shouldn't she have loved romance as much as her mom?? How do they get cursed! Why doesn't Arriku come back from the dead to thwap whoever curses her family! Etc etc, can't wait to read more.

- M

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Top General Discussions Logs Topic #2504 Previous topic | Next topic