Subject: "Seriously come on.." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #765
Show all folders

FletichSun 08-May-05 11:24 PM
Member since 07th May 2005
1 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#765, "Seriously come on.."

well let me explain. me and my buddy just started playing. execellent mud i give you that, But now my comp is banned from playing. i have a computer that has 2 monitors 2 keyboards hooked up to one system.(cable modem) well the reason i bought all the hook ups and all the periphirel is because me and my friend like to mud together and when he is over at my house we can mud side by side. well earlier today we were playing like this and pow, after like 20 or 30 minutes of playing we are summoned or whatever and told to read rules about roleplaying with other characters (we were the only ones our lvl anyway and the people on this mud arent particular nice so roleplaying with them is useless and a waste of my time typing) well anyway the immortal tells use to go over the rules and we did on my monitor well low and behold my friend gets disc and the immortal says 'I think what we have here though, is one player, with two characters. ' and WaM. im disc cant reconnect. im not writing this because i want to get back on your mud.(no no no after the way the immortal treated me i dont think i want to play your mud and will tell others to stay far away from this one) im just writing to say whatever immortal that is needs to get their stuff straight and stop smoking pot because that was just lame. anyWHO...

Fletich and Xyvenn
---ps oh and you might as well del my other necromancer-arial Rasputex

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply because you are new...let me try to help., Odrirg, 08-May-05 10:34 AM, #7
Reply Translation, incognito, 08-May-05 09:41 AM, #6
Reply RE: Seriously come on.., Valguarnera, 07-May-05 10:44 AM, #5
Reply RE: Seriously come on.., nepenthe, 07-May-05 07:18 AM, #4
Reply People RP in this MUD., DurNominator, 07-May-05 05:24 AM, #3
Reply For the record..., Grurk Muouk, 07-May-05 04:40 AM, #2
Reply RE: Seriously come on.., Praline, 07-May-05 04:34 AM, #1

OdrirgSun 08-May-05 10:34 AM
Member since 16th Oct 2004
431 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#772, "because you are new...let me try to help."
In response to Reply #0

I think I might be part of the reason why you said that people on this mud aren't particularly nice.

What you don't seem to understand, is that many people on this mud are sticklers for the rules, because they believe it makes the game fair....which makes the game fun for everyone.

It did not help, when you dropped link to avoid pk in silverwood.....Then when we were sitting there praying (early in the morning, so no imms on to catch it, I am thinking)...you reconnected...only to run a few steps and drop link again.

So yes, my character had some choice words for you the next time I saw you online. I saw you as a cheater. And that just bugs me.

Now, I am willing to give you the benefit of the doubt, maybe you just didn't know that dropping link to avoid pk was bad.

Well, now you know.

Also. This game is not all about pk, it has a very strong roleplay element. You were playing an ORC. And you have another character who is a necromancer.

There are very few other races or classes that are pre-disposed to be "nice" to those choices. So perhaps your thinking that the playerbase is mean is based MORE upon your choices of characters...because you know...if you play an orc, don't expect to be treated like a pure-as-snow-elf.

incognitoSun 08-May-05 09:41 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#771, "Translation"
In response to Reply #0

I decided to either play two chars at once, or play with my buddy, because I can't get a group the hard way like everyone else does.

Because I can't get a group the hard way, it must be that everyone is an a-hole, not that I'm approaching them in the wrong way or have been unlucky enough to meet a couple of a-holes.

The fact that sometimes there is no one to group with entitles me to get my friend to help me out (or play two chars to do it).

Have I got it about right?

Seriously, if you persevere in trying to get interaction with others, you will get some really good stuff. A fine example is Brumbalin, a dwarf that practiced no skills besides staff. He got groups purely as a result of his rp and people being nice.

ValguarneraSat 07-May-05 10:44 AM
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#770, "RE: Seriously come on.."
In response to Reply #0

1) If you choose to play here, you agree to the rules as states in 'help rules'. There's a reminder of this each time you log on.

2) The site you play from has never been on the banned list. If you were banned, you'd be able to connect, but you would just get a message explaining that you're banned. If you weren't able to connect, it's a network issue and beyond our control.

3) I looked at our logs to confirm what went on, and it looks like the Immortal in question handled everything by the book.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

nepentheSat 07-May-05 07:18 AM
3430 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#769, "RE: Seriously come on.."
In response to Reply #0

I'm totally not reading that without paragraph breaks or some form of whitespace.

DurNominatorSat 07-May-05 05:24 AM
Member since 08th Nov 2004
2018 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#768, "People RP in this MUD."
In response to Reply #0

So, what made you think people on this MUD are not nice? This cannot be seen well, as if you interact with evil characters or are one yourself, you are not going to find people being nice, as the characters you interact with are evil or you are one yourself and are treated accordingly. Would you be nice to a person whom you'd know to be a child molester or serial killer in real life? Your necro falls to that category. Thus, people are not nice to him.

Whether the players of the MUD are actually nice to you is seen from how you treat you after they PK you or vise versa or some other interactions, which evils are not so likely to get, as people don't often be nice when they play evils. So, I find your claim that people aren't nice in this MUD without base, as the OOC personalities are not supposed to come forth directly. You did probably read help permagroup, so the fact that the other char was played by your buddy isn't really a key factor here, IMHO.

Grurk MuoukSat 07-May-05 04:40 AM
Member since 15th Mar 2004
538 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#767, "For the record..."
In response to Reply #0

You've not been banned or in anyway punished thus far, I was just
talking with you, and then you went AFK- appearantly to write this.

Feel free to log back on, and we can discuss how what you describe
here in your manifesto is against the rules. Then you can get
back to playing.

Thanks.

Grurk

PralineSat 07-May-05 04:34 AM
Member since 24th Jan 2004
32 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#766, "RE: Seriously come on.."
In response to Reply #0

So you choose to blatantly disregard the rules, one way or
the other, and then come here to complain when the people
making the rules punish you for it.

Your "justification" reminds me of something along the
lines of "yeah well I suck at running the marathon, so I'm
allowed to take a car and win that way, lol".

Brilliant. Be sure to include that little detail when you
tell your buddies about what a crappy mud it is, not allowing
cheaters and rule-breakers.

Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #765 Previous topic | Next topic