Subject: "Immortal playtimes" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #4802
Show all folders

CointreauTue 09-Jan-18 03:22 AM
Member since 20th Nov 2004
300 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#4802, "Immortal playtimes"

I'm Australian and would love to follow an Immortal but am conscious catching you guys can be really difficult given our different time zones.

Are there any non-American immortals, or night owl IMMs who often stay up late? The time I would be most active is now (the time of posting) or roughly 1-5am in game time or 3-7am EST.

Otherwise do you guys accept followers who you would only really be able to catch on weekends?

Thanks.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: Immortal playtimes, Ishuli, 11-Jan-18 02:32 PM, #6
Reply RE: Immortal playtimes, Jormyr, 10-Jan-18 06:33 PM, #3
Reply RE: Immortal playtimes, Ergush, 09-Jan-18 08:05 AM, #1
     Reply Thanks, Cointreau, 10-Jan-18 05:19 PM, #2
          Reply RE: Thanks, Ergush, 11-Jan-18 08:19 AM, #4
               Reply Hardcode explore points requirement, Kstatida, 11-Jan-18 08:24 AM, #5

IshuliThu 11-Jan-18 02:32 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2017
2146 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4808, "RE: Immortal playtimes"
In response to Reply #0

I'm not often up late, but I'm okay scheduling some specific times for us to compromise and try to meet together.

My religion isn't as "out and about" as others, but assuming you're writing and doing your study - it effectively becomes a religion path that we can do via note/email, with our mismatching times not inhibiting us TOO much outside of minimizing interaction times, which can be a deal breaker for some.

But generally speaking, I'm fine with off-times. I've had a few followers like that, and despite some roadbumps/hiccups, we've all seemed to make it work.

-Ish

JormyrWed 10-Jan-18 06:33 PM
Member since 31st Dec 2014
419 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4805, "RE: Immortal playtimes"
In response to Reply #0

Although I'm dormant (and just started my semester up again), there's reasonable amount of times that I may drop in and see what's going on before I go to sleep.

Religion-wise, it's not the best time to get a lot of Immteraction or looking for rewards, but if you're just wanting to play a priest and have something to go off of, Jormyr's an option.

ErgushTue 09-Jan-18 08:05 AM
Member since 31st Aug 2017
101 posts
#4803, "RE: Immortal playtimes"
In response to Reply #0

Hello!

Due to the way I cycle work, I am available around the time you posted on certain weeks. That being said, I am not ALWAYS available to talk at that time due to meetings, or volume of work on particular days. I do my best to keep my WIZLIST hours up to date when I cycle from working in the office to working at home though.

I am willing to do some interactions via in game notes as well if someone is really looking for me and cannot reach me in person. I try to connect with everyone who prays if I see them online and I am available to interact.

Lastly, my religion is a lot of thinking and observing, with PK mixed in. I personally do not want to see a follower of mine pray every single day and try to fly through the religion. My ultimate goal is to see my followers RPing with others, emoting themselves doing things with the environment, and preaching the things they learn from the religion. Thinking about it in terms of real life: You do not become the pope after praying once a day for a week.

CointreauWed 10-Jan-18 05:19 PM
Member since 20th Nov 2004
300 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#4804, "Thanks"
In response to Reply #1

Your religion looks pretty cool and what you described in terms of expectations fits with my playstyle well.

I actually dislike sitting in Shrines and praying, I'd much rather be out RPing, PKing and generally just living a religion than having occasional shrine chats.

If you don't mind my asking, do you have any role preferences? Short and sweet? A longer, well-written story?

Thanks again.

ErgushThu 11-Jan-18 08:19 AM
Member since 31st Aug 2017
101 posts
#4806, "RE: Thanks"
In response to Reply #2

I am okay with short and sweet, or long. The ONLY pet-peeve of mine, in regards to roles, is formatting. I do not score based on it, but if the formatting of the role is horrible, then it looks like "word vomit" on the screen and turns me off from really getting into it.

I suggest to you, AND everyone else to go to http://forums.carrionfields.com/dc/user_files/61.html and use the formatting tool. . . PLEASE

TO reiterate: We do not score based on formatting, BUT bad formatting can have an adverse affect on how in-depth the reader gets with your role (and your notes and your description!)

A second response:

The Ergush religion DOES require you to come to the shrine and pray, but I try to make sure I stress to my followers that I want them to go out and observe nature, creatures, and people for long periods of time, before they return to the shrine. This process has not caught on yet with several of my followers who tend to come back faster than I would hope.

KstatidaThu 11-Jan-18 08:24 AM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4807, "Hardcode explore points requirement"
In response to Reply #4

Like set them a goal of how many EPs they should visit until they can enter your shrine again?

Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #4802 Previous topic | Next topic