Subject: "Empowerment level" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #4696
Show all folders

Newly Empowered (Anonymous)Fri 27-Jan-17 06:35 PM
Charter member
#4696, "Empowerment level"

I see in a lot of PBFs "Set empowerment to level 20/40/full".

I asked around a little and my understanding is that prior to a recent empowerment change, priests just didn't get spells for levels they weren't empowered past, and that xping past an empowerment breakpoint before RPing out that level's empowerment was grounds for being dismissed by the patron god.

My priest has only been empowered once, but I have spells past 20. Do I need to pause at certain levels as I xp up or did that change, too?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: Empowerment level, Destuvius, 27-Jan-17 06:44 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Empowerment level, Newly Empowered (Anonymous), 27-Jan-17 06:49 PM, #2
          Reply That rule can't really be a thing after the change, Murphy, 27-Jan-17 07:25 PM, #3
          Reply Hard to say, Destuvius, 27-Jan-17 07:26 PM, #4
          Reply RE: Hard to say, Newly Empowered (Anonymous), 27-Jan-17 07:34 PM, #5
          Reply RE: Hard to say, A shaman (Anonymous), 29-Mar-17 02:48 AM, #7
          Reply RE: Empowerment level, incognito, 30-Jan-17 02:19 AM, #6

DestuviusFri 27-Jan-17 06:44 PM
Member since 08th Oct 2013
1012 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4697, "RE: Empowerment level"
In response to Reply #0

Under the new system you have full access to all of your skills/sups without any empowerment. The downside is that your sups commune at your level -1 without any empowerment. If your patron empowers you partially (ie to level 40) then you no longer have the penalty on sups that are level 40 and lower. You would still have the -1 penalty on sups that are higher level than your empowered level.

Newly Empowered (Anonymous)Fri 27-Jan-17 06:49 PM
Charter member
#4698, "RE: Empowerment level"
In response to Reply #1

Thanks, following up on that, is there any way for a player to tell what level they're empowered to or whether there are other considerations?

I'm really concerned based on what I've heard that if I level up I am likely to violate an informal rule against xping too quickly and get blacklisted for further empowerment.

MurphyFri 27-Jan-17 07:25 PM
Member since 30th Dec 2010
1639 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4699, "That rule can't really be a thing after the change"
In response to Reply #2

Also, sometimes an imm is just being a dork.

Such as Avderlain ignoring a follower and not even giving them a talk because they had 20 pk wins.

Or when Umiron told me that the provost is always on duty. Haha.

DestuviusFri 27-Jan-17 07:26 PM
Member since 08th Oct 2013
1012 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4700, "Hard to say"
In response to Reply #2

Generally, an immortal will tell you if they want you to accomplish something by a certain threshold if they care about that. That being said, this new system is also new to the staff so it doesn't have a concrete answer yet.

Newly Empowered (Anonymous)Fri 27-Jan-17 07:34 PM
Charter member
#4701, "RE: Hard to say"
In response to Reply #4

thumbs up

Thanks for replies.

A shaman (Anonymous)Wed 29-Mar-17 02:48 AM
Charter member
#4721, "RE: Hard to say"
In response to Reply #4

Hi Destuvius,

I have tried to get in contact with you by mail, note, pray and ten other ways. When will it be best to get in touch with you?

My char is 226 hours, so im not just a young one.

incognitoMon 30-Jan-17 02:19 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4703, "RE: Empowerment level"
In response to Reply #2

There never really was a rule about it. Some individual imms had a thing about it. Others didn't care.

Now I would say it is largely an irrelevance BUT what matters is probably whether you are rping properly or largely ignoring rp to rank up. If it seems like empowerment was an afterthought and something you only cared about when you needed it, that could prove an issue. If you were seeking empowerment but your imm just wasn't able to catch up with you for a couple of weeks, I'd be surprised if you had an issue.

Fwiw most empowered chars I've had ranked past their empowerment. Only one ever had issues and I don't think that was because of the ranking up.

Attachment #1, ( file)

Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #4696 Previous topic | Next topic