Subject: "Old time player looking to get back into game..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #358
Show all folders

jkastner19Wed 04-Feb-04 12:05 PM
Member since 04th Feb 2004
1 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#358, "Old time player looking to get back into game..."
Edited on Wed 04-Feb-04 12:06 PM

I am deathly afraid of returning to this game, I am going to get demolished by people. Hehe.

Anyone remember Levesque? That was my best character a TON of ages ago. Also had a Storm Giant Paladin that was tatooed by Nimbus and was part of a three Storm Giant group that was played by Sranu and Iandir, haha. Those were some good times... I hated getting PK'ed by Navenseur and Nastavnic was tough too. Too many old memories. Morse leading Trouple, etc.

There isn't any way to ressurect old player files (from that long ago)to see some of the descriptors they have like in the premium battlefield is there? I'd donate to see that file if its still around.

Anyway, not sure where else to post this... will have to try playing tonight.

Levesque

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

VelkurahSat 07-Feb-04 10:29 AM
Member since 29th Jan 2004
119 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#365, "RE: Old time player looking to get back into game..."
In response to Reply #0

I remember you as well. If memory serves, that storm-giant threesome was Jarlandra, Pahvalin and Eanin. (I'm sure I spelled those wrong).

I don't think you'll find the learning curve TOO hard for you. You understand the fundamentals of how to play, so you're leaps and bounds ahead of a newbie. You just have to tough out the re-learning process. The roleplaying standards have changed a fair amount since then as well, and what was considered "in-character" back then would be deplorable roleplaying now, I think, so that might take some getting used to. It's much more fun though, once you do.

Welcome back, good luck, and hopefully we'll see you playing!
Velkurah

SailatinuWed 04-Feb-04 04:50 PM
Member since 27th Jul 2003
115 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#362, "RE: Old time player looking to get back into game..."
In response to Reply #0

I remember Levesque, I might even have you in some of my logs somewhere..

I think at the time I was Sonia, Arbiter warrior.
Sranu died of old age while we trekked through hell.

SevarecanWed 04-Feb-04 12:33 PM
Member since 24th Sep 2003
76 posts
#360, "RE: Re-read the helpfiles."
In response to Reply #0

The easiest way to reduce some of the trouble headed your way is
to (re)acquaint yourself with the commands.

Start with help newbie1, newbie2 and newbie3.
Sure, things like wield you'll know, but things like barter you may not,
and several of the areas have disappeared or been altered.

Look over both help recent and help latest to see some of the things
that have been changing since last you were around. You may not be a
complete newbie, but the world is a very different place now.

Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #358 Previous topic | Next topic