Subject: "Stoneshatter practice" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #3446
Show all folders

New Invoker (Anonymous)Fri 16-Sep-11 04:51 AM
Charter member
#3446, "Stoneshatter practice"

I know in the past it was possible to practice stoneshatter on mobs that were unaffected by it.

Is that still the case, or has something changed? Through multiple hours of practicing in a variety of locations and over the span of several levels, I've yet to get a single improve in the spell apart from level gains.

If it's changed and it needs to have an affect on mobs now, I get it.. I'd just like to know one way or the other. But if RNG just truly truly hates me, I guess I'll keep plugging along.

Thanks.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: Stoneshatter practice, Kursh (Anonymous), 16-Sep-11 09:35 AM, #6
Reply RE: Stoneshatter practice, Daevryn, 16-Sep-11 08:34 AM, #3
Reply I get that.., The Invoker (Anonymous), 16-Sep-11 08:40 AM, #4
     Reply Ok.., The Invoker (Anonymous), 16-Sep-11 08:54 AM, #5
          Reply It is the rng, incognito, 17-Sep-11 05:29 PM, #7
Reply A HINT, Abernyte, 16-Sep-11 05:47 AM, #1
     Reply I appreciate it, but.., New Invoker (Anonymous), 16-Sep-11 07:15 AM, #2

Kursh (Anonymous)Fri 16-Sep-11 09:35 AM
Charter member
#3452, "RE: Stoneshatter practice"
In response to Reply #0

What Daevryn said can't be emphasized enough. I've spent literally 20 hours trying a spell with perhaps one improvement, but on a much higher level mob it took me perhaps 60 minutes to move it 15%. At hero levels, against the right mob, a lagging affinity improves even faster.

DaevrynFri 16-Sep-11 08:34 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3449, "RE: Stoneshatter practice"
In response to Reply #0

As far as I know from my last invoker, you can cast it on anything.

The better question is, how tough is what you're casting on? If the answer is "much weaker" you're not going to learn any spell very fast.

The Invoker (Anonymous)Fri 16-Sep-11 08:40 AM
Charter member
#3450, "I get that.."
In response to Reply #3

But I haven't gotten a single increase from casting the spell. Not one. And I've spent several hours on that spell alone. It seems like something odd is going on.

I'm willing to accept if it's RNG.. but it seems a little unlikely after spending a few days trying for hours at a time with no results. Especially when I've switched over to other spells (grease, for example) with lower affinity and didn't have any major issues, on the same mobs.

When you have the time, could you check and make sure everything's working ok?

Either way, thanks for the help.

The Invoker (Anonymous)Fri 16-Sep-11 08:54 AM
Charter member
#3451, "Ok.."
In response to Reply #4

I just hit my first stoneshatter improvement. So I guess it's possible, after all.

I guess the RNG just really, truly hates me.

Such is life.

incognitoSat 17-Sep-11 05:29 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3457, "It is the rng"
In response to Reply #5

I travelled with a voker who was spamming it on non-stone mobs as we ranked (since we didn't need him to be doing damage and we weren't in a rush to rank), and he was improving, apparently.

AbernyteFri 16-Sep-11 05:47 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
973 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3447, "A HINT"
In response to Reply #0

I am no invoker master by any means and have NEVER played one myself in all my 17 years on CF but there are mobs who are made of stone/clay/granite who will be hurt by the stoneshatter and may be an excellent way to practice that spell. The magical area in question provides everything you need to do it. Just need to find it.

New Invoker (Anonymous)Fri 16-Sep-11 07:15 AM
Charter member
#3448, "I appreciate it, but.."
In response to Reply #1

I know about that area. I've actually been using it alot recently as well, but with the same results.

At this point, I'm starting to think stoneshatter is broken. I've seriously spammed the spell for probably 6 or 7 hours non-stop over the last few days and have seen exactly zero improvements.

I've seen improvements in other spells that I'm using at the time (detect invis, etc), parry and weapon skills. I've had no such issues with any other spells thus far.

My affinity is 6, so I really can't imagine what the issue would be.

Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #3446 Previous topic | Next topic