Subject: "Empowerment" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #333
Show all folders

DindonFri 09-Jan-04 11:54 PM
Member since 01st Dec 2003
45 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#333, "Empowerment"

Hoping I coud get an imms input on this. Been playing CF for half a year now, mostly assassins, aps and warriors, never heroed but I want to try something new. Thinking of a healer or shaman or the likes. Is that too bold? It's suggested only experienced players play those, is it that big of a step up? Should I stick to my warriors and hero one first before trying something like empowerment.
Any input would be great.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

IsildurThu 15-Jan-04 04:55 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#335, "RE: Empowerment"
In response to Reply #0

Personally I've always considered the warning against empowerment characters for new players to be a little silly. New players may be at a disadvantage when it comes to CF game mechanics, but their newness does not necessarily mean they are at any disadvantage when it comes to role-play (which is the key ingredient to playing a priest-class).

Depending on the priest class they're not so much more complicated than other classes mechanics-wise. Your role-play, however, will be much more closely watched.

Pendragon_SurtrMon 26-Jan-04 11:12 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
193 posts
#345, "RE: Empowerment"
In response to Reply #2

I can see why they have the warning. I don't think it has much to do with RP. A more experienced player will have a better idea of which imms are more active during their playing time. This will make it much easier to be able to contact you god. Newbies also might get frustrated at spending 50 or so hours trying to contact their god with no reply and decide that CF sucks without giving the other classes a try. You don't have to be elite to be an empowered character, if you are lucky enough to pick a god who has the same playing time as you, your first character could be empowered.

SevarecanSat 10-Jan-04 01:08 AM
Member since 24th Sep 2003
76 posts
#334, "Go for it."
In response to Reply #0

You will find out quickly on empowerment characters if you are up
for it and if it is something you want to pursue.

If it all goes wrong, you just go back to your comfort zone and
power through to Hero before trying it again.

Sevarecan
sevarecan@carrionfields.com

Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #333 Previous topic | Next topic