Subject: "Zmud Auto-Roller Script" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #329
Show all folders

MackeySat 27-Dec-03 09:14 AM
Member since 27th Dec 2003
1 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#329, "Zmud Auto-Roller Script"

Heyas,

After about a 4 year hiatus, I find myself back in the lands of Thera. I've been messing around with some characters and decided I want to get serious.

Unfortunately, my old stat rollers don't seem to work. I know that people who are clever can whip up their own using the zmud triggers, but I am apparently not that clever.

I understand the single port restrictions and all the other polite ways to use a stat roller, I just cannot for the life of me begin to grok how I would set one up for CF.

If anyone could offer me some advice, or steer me in the right direction for information on how to set this, I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply It's this easy..., victorianSURFER, 11-Jul-04 11:07 AM, #12
Reply Auto-roller for Gmud, Splntrd, 05-Jul-04 10:49 PM, #11
Reply RE: Zmud Auto-Roller Script, Peaceful_Avatar, 25-Jun-04 07:52 PM, #7
Reply Disclaimer:, Valguarnera, 26-Jun-04 07:58 AM, #8
     Reply And don't forget..., Dwoggurd, 26-Jun-04 03:22 PM, #9
          Reply RE: Invokers, Straklaw, 26-Jun-04 07:09 PM, #10
Reply RE: Zmud Auto-Roller Script, Mordacai, 22-Feb-04 03:04 PM, #4
Reply here., permanewbie, 09-Feb-04 07:31 PM, #2
Reply Beats the "go ctc method". nt, Dugruain, 09-Feb-04 11:20 PM, #3
Reply RE: Zmud Auto-Roller Script, msattler, 09-Feb-04 01:51 PM, #1
     Reply This is all you need , 1 line customisable roller., Rutsah, 11-Apr-04 01:13 AM, #5
          Reply RE: This is all you need , 1 line customisable roller., Thaelog, 18-Jun-04 11:55 AM, #6

victorianSURFERSun 11-Jul-04 11:07 AM
Member since 11th Jul 2004
1 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#442, "It's this easy..."
In response to Reply #0

#ACTION {(%d)str (%d)int (%d)wis (%d)dex (%d)con (%d)chr} {#MATH total (%1+%2+%3+%4+%5+%6);#IF (@total>XXX) {yes} {no}}

...where XXX would be your desired attribute, remove (%d)chr and %6 if you don't care about charisma.

SplntrdMon 05-Jul-04 10:49 PM
Member since 08th Feb 2004
1096 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#441, "Auto-roller for Gmud"
In response to Reply #0

I don't know how many people use Gmud, but it's a free client given to me by a fellow player.
I've never used an auto-roller before, and seeing a triggers option on Gmud opened my mind to that possibility.
Soo... my question is does anyone have an auto-roller for Gmud?

Splntrd

Peaceful_AvatarFri 25-Jun-04 07:52 PM
Member since 25th Jun 2004
3 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#437, "RE: Zmud Auto-Roller Script"
In response to Reply #0

Do a Goggle search for "GreyWolf stat roller" or "Carrion Fields Stat Roller" or Stat Roller. But GreyWolf is the one you really want for it is made for carrion fields. This is a link to get it.............
http://www.downlinx.com/proghtml/212/21238.htm

Attachment #1, (downlinx file)

ValguarneraSat 26-Jun-04 07:57 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#438, "Disclaimer:"
In response to Reply #7
Edited on Sat 26-Jun-04 07:58 AM

Carrion Fields has no official stat roller. You're free to download whatever product people offer, but please check it for viruses, and know that you use it at your own risk. Particularly, I advise changing your password after using a stat roller- you often cannot tell if it was stored or sent elsewhere.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

DwoggurdSat 26-Jun-04 03:22 PM
Member since 20th Jan 2004
668 posts
#439, "And don't forget..."
In response to Reply #8

To read help affinity if you're going to roll an invoker.

StraklawSat 26-Jun-04 07:09 PM
Member since 10th Mar 2003
1014 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#440, "RE: Invokers"
In response to Reply #9

On that comment, perhaps if an invoker hasn't set an affinities, they might want to get a reminder every level or such until they have? Random newbie friendliness and all.

MordacaiSun 22-Feb-04 03:04 PM
Member since 10th Sep 2003
13 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#378, "RE: Zmud Auto-Roller Script"
In response to Reply #0

Try here:

http://members.cox.net/jking999/

Two different ones.. one for microsoft excel, the other you extract and run the setup file.

Life is like a game of chess!

permanewbieMon 09-Feb-04 07:31 PM
349 posts
#370, "here."
In response to Reply #0

Back in ....I think it was '97, one of the FTA clan emailed Zugg himself for help on creating a single trigger to roll for stats, and got a response. He actually replied with a good base for a trigger, and since then we have tweaked it a bit so that it works better.

Trigger pattern:
(*)str (*)int (*)wis (*)dex (*)con

Value:
#math curr {%1 + %2 + %3 + %4 + %5}
#if (@cmax<@curr) {cmax=@curr}
#if (@curr<91) {n @curr @cmax}
#if (@curr>=91) {#say @curr}

Then, what you do, is you add up all of the stats that you desire, into one number and replace the "91" with whatever number you are rolling for. And make sure you replace it in both places.

"Death awaits ya all, wit nasteh big pointeh teeth!"

DugruainMon 09-Feb-04 11:20 PM
71 posts
#371, "Beats the "go ctc method". nt"
In response to Reply #2

nt

msattlerMon 09-Feb-04 01:51 PM
Member since 09th Feb 2004
1 posts
#369, "RE: Zmud Auto-Roller Script"
In response to Reply #0

I am also interested in getting one of the zmud rollers.

RutsahSun 11-Apr-04 01:13 AM
19 posts
#408, "This is all you need , 1 line customisable roller."
In response to Reply #1

Cut paste the following, into a newly created trigger.

PATTERN:
(%d)str (%d)int (%d)wis (%d)dex (%d)con

Action:
#IF (%1>20 & %2>14 & %3>16 & %4>15 & %5>21) {y} {N}

Explenation:
%1 = str, %2 = int, %3 = wis, %4 = dex %5 = con

Set the value for each % , 1 less that your aiming for, this enables you to accept that your willing to have lower wis/int(or any other stat) on a character as long as your other stats are allready maxed. Running stat rollers on total numbers is fine, but if you want to be more precise, I prefer this 1 liner. Simple fast and easy to understand & edit... no messy maths that needs to be worked out in your head

PS:

If you want to add in a charisma roll, add another (%d)cha on the pattern , then add a: & %6>15 , inside the round brackets.

ThaelogFri 18-Jun-04 11:55 AM
Member since 17th Jun 2004
3 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#432, "RE: This is all you need , 1 line customisable roller."
In response to Reply #5

This has me a bit confused. In the Trigger for zMUD, I put in:

(%d)str (%d)int (%d)wis (%d)dex (%d)con

And in the VALUE area below (there is no "action" area at all), I put:

#IF (%1>20 & %2>14 & %3>16 & %4>15 & %5>21) {y} {N}

Now, you say to set the value for "each %" .. but that doesn't make sense to me. Do you mean I put the stat I want (minus one) in place of EACH % in the script? That is what you are saying in your post.

I've tried it once, but it stops running after one or two stat rolls, on one that is well below the stats I set to aim for. You need to post an example.

Perhaps using the stats I am trying to aquire, minus one for each;

Str: 18 Int: 15 Wis: 15 Dex: 18 Con: 20

What would the script look like in order to work properly?

Thanks.

Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #329 Previous topic | Next topic