Subject: "Area explore--tips on what to do?" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #3208
Show all folders

GreatGraySat 09-Apr-11 07:18 PM
Member since 19th Jan 2011
150 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3208, "Area explore--tips on what to do?"

I'm just starting to get to a level where I can think about trying to find some of the area explores...

Are these places where you kill things to get the special equipment, just like any other area? Or are there particular quests associated with each--or something else you are supposed to do there?

Does a person do anything special to get rewarded (edge points?) when you find these places, or simply wander around and look at everything?

Any general tips on how to find groups and initiate an exploration since I have no idea where I'm going? Thanks!

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

DurNominatorSun 10-Apr-11 06:29 PM
Member since 08th Nov 2004
2018 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3213, "Some thoughts and info"
In response to Reply #0

-Areas explore are generally worth a nice bunch of obs&exp xp, so it is a good idea to look around while in one.

-Your gear returns directly to you when your corpse rots in an area explore if you die there.

-If you want to gather a group to explore an area explore, first see what areas explore are, then suggest an exploration trip to one of them to some friendly characters. Plan the trip together with the other guy, who probably knows much more about the said area explore than you do.

incognitoSun 10-Apr-11 03:29 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3209, "Area explores tend not to be "special", just tough"
In response to Reply #0

Typically they are accessed the same way as any other area.

Some, however, require a little more attention to detail. For example, there may be a phrase you have to say to get beyond a certain point, but the phrase will be in the area.

Often, if an area has a hidden entrance (one that you can walk through but doesn't show up as an exit), it will be an explore one.

Many can be explored solo, but generally you are better going with someone else first time (so they warn you about the dangerous bits).

Personally, I rank in a number of explore areas, so really just grouping with a character like mine for ranking will expose you to a number of them.

There are no requirements to reach explore areas today, as far as I'm aware.

Area explores may well have "tricks" to them that make them considerably easier. For example, there's one where you can disguise yourself and that means that many of the mobs won't be aggressive to you, whereas if you are not disguised, they will.

ArtificialSun 10-Apr-11 04:59 AM
Member since 22nd Apr 2008
1180 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3210, "There are some unfortunate aspects to certain area expl..."
In response to Reply #1

There is one, for instance, where you cannot wield weapons as you come to the gates, or else you will be unable to explore it safely, if at all, for the life of the character.

This aspect of the area has NO warning, and nothing about it even remotely hints that this may present a problem.

This is, as far as I can think offhand at 6 am, above and beyond the worse perpetrator of such things. In general, a very sharp attention to detail will see you through.

I strongly urge you seek out other people who like to explore as well, and go through areas together.

incognitoSun 10-Apr-11 11:22 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3211, "I think there is a warning"
In response to Reply #2

Not positive, but pretty sure I've seen something that warns you about that.

Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #3208 Previous topic | Next topic