Subject: "Anti-paladins, Str, Int and Dex" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #3040
Show all folders

Thinking about playing. (Anonymous)Wed 22-Dec-10 12:06 PM
Charter member
#3040, "Anti-paladins, Str, Int and Dex"

I'm thinking about playing an anti-paladin, but I'm not sure which race to pick. I'm trying to figure out how important the 3 stats are to anti-paladins. If everything else was equal, how important is each stat for certain strategies.

How important is intelligence to landing sleep and casting strong iceballs? Could one notice a drow iceball over a human iceball? Is the effectiveness of drow sleep over human sleep noticeable?

How important is having dexterity to the dex-based AP skills? Would I notice the difference between an arial Lashes of the Slave over a human Lashes of the Slave?

I'd like a race which lends itself to landing kills without too much help from equipment. I don't mind playing glass-cannons. I like the idea of int & dex over str & con - but I don't want to make huge sacrifices in survivability if it doesn't result in measurable gains in offense.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

AmberionWed 22-Dec-10 01:27 PM
Member since 06th Jun 2007
945 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3041, "RE: Anti-paladins, Str, Int and Dex"
In response to Reply #0

<I'm thinking about playing an anti-paladin, but I'm not sure which race to pick. I'm trying to figure out how important the 3 stats are to anti-paladins. If everything else was equal, how important is each stat for certain strategies.>

This totally depends on what type of AP you want to be playing.

<How important is intelligence to landing sleep and casting strong iceballs? Could one notice a drow iceball over a human iceball? Is the effectiveness of drow sleep over human sleep noticeable?>

The difference in sleep actually isn't as great as everyone makes it out to be me. But yes, there is a noticeable difference. (Suprisingly small between drow and giant I must say after testing it a bit, but still, it is noticeable.) Iceball, same thing. However there are edges...

<How important is having dexterity to the dex-based AP skills? Would I notice the difference between an arial Lashes of the Slave over a human Lashes of the Slave?>

YES! HUGE difference. Really, HUGE difference.

<I'd like a race which lends itself to landing kills without too much help from equipment. I don't mind playing glass-cannons. I like the idea of int & dex over str & con - but I don't want to make huge sacrifices in survivability if it doesn't result in measurable gains in offense.>

This is your own choice here. APs aren't THAT gear dependant. Sleep gets you a long way. As does a drows iceball with edges.

I suggest you test it out, roll a few APs. People rarely accomplish much with their first AP. (My first got a total of 7 charges or so...) Though my second got icecontrol.

Always shoot first and then call whatever you hit the target.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #3040 Previous topic | Next topic