Subject: "Assassin Choice" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #2984
Show all folders

ZeikalSat 04-Dec-10 09:17 PM
Member since 06th Mar 2003
100 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2984, "Assassin Choice"

Ok coming back from a very long probably 5 year break, going assassin but can't decide on race, for me it's a toss up between half-elf and felar, any suggestions?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

IsildurSat 04-Dec-10 11:26 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2985, "RE: Assassin Choice"
In response to Reply #0

I like felar. You'll want to keep resist heat on hand. Downside: dumbness.

I don't see the appeal in half-elf. If you're not doing felar, might as well go with human or arial.

ZeikalSat 04-Dec-10 11:34 PM
Member since 06th Mar 2003
100 posts
#2986, "RE: Assassin Choice"
In response to Reply #1

I say half-elf because better int, str, and they can train dex since dex is the prime stat of assassins, up to 25 I believe

IsildurSun 05-Dec-10 01:10 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
#2987, "RE: Assassin Choice"
In response to Reply #2

Can't train above your racial max. For those three stats (INT, STR, DEX) you're looking at:

Human: 20, 20, 23
Arial: 19, 23, 25
Felar: 17, 17, 23
H-elf: 19, 21, 24

Things I like about felar:

1. You can use staff/spear and still get dual-wield attacks (though you do give up backfist). This is nice for fighting people who typically don't learn staff/spear. The flip side of this is that you're never going to be able to exploit someone's vuln with both your primary and dual wield.

2. Lots of hp.

3. Only being able to wield one weapon means you don't have to futz around with picking which to weapons to wield. Whenever I play non-felars with dual-wield I have to set up umpteen aliases for every weapon combination I might want to have. It also means you don't have to carry that many weapons since you can't dual-wield them anyway.

Things I like about human:

1. Lowest xp penalty.

2. Possible to wear spike-toed boots if you can ever get your hands on them.

Things I like about arials:

1. Permafly. Helps with thieves. Downside: hard to cover your lightning vuln with gear now that the ancient dragons are hard to kill.

2. Higher int makes learning kicks (and everything else) less time-consuming.

Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #2984 Previous topic | Next topic