Subject: "Talisman" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #2743
Show all folders

vorianFri 06-Aug-10 09:20 AM
Member since 23rd Oct 2009
212 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2743, "Talisman"

Hello,

I'd like to know if some Talismans with the spell 'Identification' exist in the game and if so, are they usable at lowbie levels (ex: prior lvl 15) ?

Thank you.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

StraklawFri 06-Aug-10 10:09 PM
Member since 10th Mar 2003
1014 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#2745, "RE: Talisman"
In response to Reply #0

As a general FYI, to the best of my knowledge, unlike wands and scrolls, talismans cannot be used with a target. Hence you "brandish" it, and it attempts to affect everyone in the room. Some spells are only targetable for the user-only, so those might only affect you. Hence anything that requires a target or a secondary specification would not exist in talisman form. A few ideas off the top of my head:

Identify
Enchant Armor/Enchant Weapon
Control Weather
Call Lightning
Aegis

etc.

On the flipside, it makes talismans REALLY fun for mass prepping, or mass attacks.

A talisman of fly would grant it to everyone at once. A talisman of say...lightning bolt, would zap everyone in the room.

TwistFri 06-Aug-10 11:03 AM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2744, "No."
In response to Reply #0

You might want to check out Alduk at the Inn of the Eternal Star, though.

Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #2743 Previous topic | Next topic