Subject: "Are any of the forums outdated?" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #1703
Show all folders

SaerThu 03-May-07 11:06 PM
Member since 03rd May 2007
1 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1703, "Are any of the forums outdated?"
Edited on Thu 03-May-07 11:12 PM

I'm new and would like to go over all of the information available in the forums. I noticed that some posts go back as far as 2001, probably even further,except when I'm logged in as a registered user. My question was whether or not I would benefit from reading info from that far back, considering that this MUD is updated so often. I'm sure the question seems somewhat vague, but any advice for searching the forums archives would be very appreciated.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ValguarneraFri 04-May-07 09:04 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1704, "You definitely don't have to read that far back."
In response to Reply #0

Battlefield is going to be loaded with discussions about characters you've never met, Gameplay will have discussions about balance/ideas/etc. that may or may not be relevant in our current world, and Ask An Immortal often has specific questions for staff members who may or may not still be playing the same role. There's good, timeless stuff back there, but it's amid a pile of threads that probably aren't helpful.

Announcements is useful if you're a player who played our game in the past, and need to know what has changed since. If you've never played here, you can probably skip it... everything is new news to you!

History and Current Events has some handy threads once you've gotten comfortable and want to learn more about big events of the past. For now, you can simply roleplay that your character is unaware of these sorts of things, and ask questions in-game or here for explanation.

The forum 'search' feature is handy for specific questions-- often one keyword will bring up 5 or 10 discussions about what you're curious about. Otherwise, I'd just ask questions that come up as you play, and not worry about accidentally repeating something from a few years ago. Either someone knowledgeable will link you to the discussion, or else answer it anew with an updated take.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #1703 Previous topic | Next topic