Subject: "ORCS!" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #424
Show all folders

MamedTue 04-May-04 09:26 PM
Member since 09th Dec 2003
132 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#424, "ORCS!"

I dunno, dont really know what a orc does, why it does it. tips on how to be a good orc would be ausome! Not to many people play orcs for some reason, needs to be more!

MamedXXX

Jeremiah

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

StraklawWed 05-May-04 12:18 PM
Member since 10th Mar 2003
1014 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#425, "Well, I would hope I'm at least a credible source."
In response to Reply #0

Seeing as I heroimmed as Straklaw, before the whole ugliness of Graduate school did what the hordes of enemies couldn't, I'll try and give a few pointers.

First of all, I really believe the orc race is one of the best for getting into the FEEL for an orc. Think about the adjectives that best describe orcs. For a start, I think of cowardly, bullies, conniving, backstabbing, distrustworthy, etc. The berserker class is designed very much to take advantage of these traits. Don't take on odds that are not in your favor, but be brutal and swift when you see an opening. I found it great fun to actually play this character, as I could laugh at Straklaw's own stupidity and outright absurd claims, yet that's what an orc would do.

From a more numerical point of view...you have some of best HP gains of anyone in the game, but you also lose them very fast. Many of your skills are along the lines of "Hurt the enemy lots, but you'll get hurt too". Good str and semi-giant size allows you to wield a wide variety of weapons, though low intelligence and wisdom you'll find skills of course won't improve particularly well. However, this isn't so bad, as your skills ALWAYS have a decent chance of failure. Still, those that work, work nicely, and it's something of a trade-off. You could have skills that always work, and deal (as example) 50 damage every time, or you could have skills that work half the time, but do 100 points of damage each time. It comes out the same, just there's alot more chance involved.

I think the reason a lot of people don't care to play orcs is first, that you do get hurt. Alot. So you need a certain amount of healing/protections to compete. But, a degree of this is built into the class, so that's not bad. Also, you're very much designed to be a cowardly killer. Which some players don't care for as much. You can go around solo and do fine, which many orcs have done, but with a few of the right other people, you're very very nasty. Anyways, orcs are fun, they're just more of a race where you have to get into the character, expect a few deaths, and roll with the fun. And avoid paladins. Paladins are bad. *glare*

MamedThu 06-May-04 11:59 AM
Member since 09th Dec 2003
132 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#426, "Thanks"
In response to Reply #1

Yes most of those are the reasons why I never played a orc, but I for some reason really want to now. So thanks, I shall keep all of your words in Mind! Ohh yea, Was scared of you when you were Straklaw, reason? I was an elf! You always killed me!

MamedX

Jeremiah

BajulaSat 08-May-04 01:58 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
929 posts
#429, "I tried a handful oforcs due to you and behn and a few ..."
In response to Reply #1

Paladins are bad. *glare*
Dimion loves ya too baby.
Man I sucked, how the hell did I survive that?
not that you didn't brutally do me in, what
'bout the time you unghosted?

anyway, my 2 cents on the orcs i have played.
if you are on the down side of a fight, the natural
cowardice of orcs will almost always let you get out
of the battle. So if you learn to get away from you enemies
FAST you will do okay, for the rest will come naturally
over time.
imho: This is probably the best and i mean BEST class
to learn to pk with.

Don't get me wrong i don't mean best to land kills
i mean best to learn with.

it REALLY forces you to learn to run and hide, and if you get that
down it lets you develop the skills needed to hunt some one down
and kill them.
if you go back far enough in here the advice is all
carry recall/return/teleportaion potions, learn the areas, and run
fight you didn't start... run.
see 3 guys who can harm you around and maybe they aren't there to kill you.. hell you have hunted with one of them before... run
right then, not later.
where,where pk and who pk are your friends.

3 orcs grouped.. oh a heady sense of power.
ranking is just... disgustingly fast.
pking is just frightening.
can we get 3 orcs together? hardly ever.
play orcs thera needs them!

p.s. if orcs could down an item with tremblefist
you would see thera swamped with them, which is how it should
be. don't even have to have an item or powers, just be able
to get other people's items.
or another orc village, for which we need more orcs!

and remember... Elf- it's what's for dinner.

Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #424 Previous topic | Next topic