Subject: "Please transfer to Twist board" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top Twist / Gurgthock Topic #287
Show all folders

Behemoth priest (Guest)Mon 31-Aug-09 06:01 PM

#287, "Please transfer to Twist board"

Is Gurgthock an active imm? You have a helpfile but he isn't on the pantheon. I dont want to waste more time than what I already have if empowerment isn't an option. It is not my intent to be an ass, I asked ingame and an immortal pointed me here.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply To spell it out as clearly as I can:, Twist, 31-Aug-09 10:31 PM, #6
Reply Addendum, after doing some checking:, Twist, 01-Sep-09 01:05 PM, #9
     Reply This was not a knock on you nor was it a complaint., behemothpriest, 01-Sep-09 04:57 PM, #10
          Reply Cool., Twist, 01-Sep-09 06:35 PM, #11
Reply You might want to read the helpfile., Daevryn, 31-Aug-09 09:10 PM, #1
     Reply This imm is a waste, CD (Guest), 31-Aug-09 09:14 PM, #2
          Reply No offense, Daevryn, 31-Aug-09 09:43 PM, #3
               Reply Pretty sure it's lost on me too., Java, 31-Aug-09 09:53 PM, #4
                    Reply Third (text enclosed), Behemoth priest (Guest), 31-Aug-09 10:01 PM, #5
                    Reply It's the point of having created the bugger, sleepy, 31-Aug-09 11:38 PM, #7
                         Reply Yup, Daevryn, 01-Sep-09 08:11 AM, #8

TwistMon 31-Aug-09 10:31 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#293, "To spell it out as clearly as I can:"
In response to Reply #0

Following Gurgthock is really following the mob at the bottom of the Inferno.

Getting empowered is (almost ridiculously) easy. But only to a level that gives you some nice stuff, but definitely not the full skill set. For a healer, for instance, I'd give them empowerment up to sanc and mass heal, but no rejuv. So it's possible for them to get through Hell, but highly unlikely.

In short, it's not a route I'd recommend. It does have it's viable avenues, however. Murdershaman, for instance. If you don't mind not having wither and rot.

All of the above said, if you've been praying for Gurg and I've missed it, I'm sorry, that's my bad.

TwistTue 01-Sep-09 01:05 PM
3431 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#296, "Addendum, after doing some checking:"
In response to Reply #6

Looking for me for 2 days and then posting a thread like this is a bit premature, in my opinion.

Also, complaining about trying to follow me and not finding me when you aren't even one of the spheres listed in my helpfile is a bit silly. Also in my opinion.

Praying OOC to ask if I really exist after only one day of looking for me is also a bit premature. Still, just my opinion.

behemothpriestTue 01-Sep-09 04:57 PM
Member since 01st Sep 2009
13 posts
#297, "This was not a knock on you nor was it a complaint."
In response to Reply #9

Others hijacked my topic. One, I realized I made a mistake with the sphere. Two, I didn't see you on the pantheon or wizlist so I asked on the newbie channel if still had the persona. That imm was unsure and told me to ask on the forums. Three, I put about 20 hours in those three days. When I decide to play cf I play a lot until it is no longer fun. I didn't think it was offensive for me to ask if you were still around since imms and their personas change all the time.
Just for clarification, how long should one play without knowing if there god is around? I remember one of the imms saying Torak was foolish for following an imm that wasn't around and he got what he deserved. Not to mention I’ve been on the receiving end of your imm dropping off the face of Thera for rl and it isn’t fun.
Anyway sorry if you felt I was taking a shot at you. In all seriousness,s what kind of dude turns down a whore and a beer?

TwistTue 01-Sep-09 06:35 PM
3431 posts
#298, "Cool."
In response to Reply #10

Yeah, I just didn't play much this weekend (mostly mortal) - weekends are tough for me because it's family time. I usually play my imm chars from work.

As for praying whether I still existed, I've actually been vis as Gurgthock a fair amount recently, which is why I thought the prayer/forum post was a bit odd. I'm not sure why an Imm told you to post - that's an internal issue to the staff I suppose.

DaevrynMon 31-Aug-09 09:10 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#288, "You might want to read the helpfile."
In response to Reply #0

Specifically this part:

Those who seek empowerment should be warned
that Gurgthock has only so much of his own power to give - the rest would very
likely require a trip to the bottom of the Inferno to receive full empowerment
from the Dark Lord himself.

CD (Guest)Mon 31-Aug-09 09:14 PM

#289, "This imm is a waste"
In response to Reply #1

Seriously, Twist, you should actually have a religion and stuff.

DaevrynMon 31-Aug-09 09:43 PM
11117 posts
#290, "No offense"
In response to Reply #2

But the point is lost on you.

JavaMon 31-Aug-09 09:53 PM
Member since 07th Apr 2003
1055 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#291, "Pretty sure it's lost on me too."
In response to Reply #3

Care to explain, for the ignorant masses?

Behemoth priest (Guest)Mon 31-Aug-09 10:01 PM

#292, "Third (text enclosed)"
In response to Reply #4

I'm really kind of lost. Now I have the option of deleting a character I have 20 hours, a role, and a description because I'm obviously an idiot. The other option is trying to figure out a way to work it out ic?

sleepyMon 31-Aug-09 11:38 PM
Member since 24th Jul 2007
223 posts
#294, "It's the point of having created the bugger"
In response to Reply #4

He wanted a way to IC-ly punish and reward and in general watch over the Empire, so he created a pseudo-imm for it instead of having to always talk through the council members. I think he wrote this somewhere before.

DaevrynTue 01-Sep-09 08:11 AM
11117 posts
#295, "Yup"
In response to Reply #7

If Twist wanted to run an extra religion where he'd be doing a lot of empowerments and all that kind of stuff, he'd have written one. It's not a mistake that it is the way it is.

Top Twist / Gurgthock Topic #287 Previous topic | Next topic