Subject: "Okay so I'm old." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top Non-CF Discussion "What Does RL Stand For?" Topic #2003
Show all folders

ProSat 26-Jun-10 04:02 AM
Member since 14th Apr 2010
776 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2003, "Okay so I'm old."

My daughter calls CF "That Game that never ends." I've been playing since before she was born.

I think Amaranthe and I became parents in the same year.

But I ramble, as I am getting older my way of life has left me in good health but battered.

Anyone else have injuries that can make playing painful?

I tore my rotator cuff in my left shoulder a year ago and sometimes it aches and makes playing to much of a bitch.

I've also broken my left thumb, and most of my knuckles and everyonce and a while I just get pain in my hands that requires me to crack my knuckles to alleviate.

Then there's a lower back injury that requires me to limber up sometimes.

I cracked my sternum across that flex joint and if I slouch to long it catches and I have to arch my back in order to snap it back.

Except for the rotator cuff these are old injuries comming back to remind me of my 20's.

Then there's the lower body. Arthritic from hundreds of miles with heavy rucks and surgery from when I was a infantryman. If I sit too long (Which I do because when I get settled I stay settled!) I have to force myself through insane pain to stand up without looking like gramps, and it takes a few steps to not feel like I'm crippled.

Anyone else this banged up?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

LhydiaSat 26-Jun-10 09:05 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2379 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2004, "http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Friends n/t"
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Sat 26-Jun-10 09:06 AM

gr

ProSat 26-Jun-10 10:06 AM
Member since 14th Apr 2010
776 posts
#2005, "Alright. That was funny."
In response to Reply #1

But I didn't go there because I don't trust you.

Top Non-CF Discussion "What Does RL Stand For?" Topic #2003 Previous topic | Next topic