Subject: "hola..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top Non-CF Discussion "What Does RL Stand For?" Topic #1864
Show all folders

shokaiWed 19-Nov-08 01:59 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
519 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1864, "hola..."

Not that I'm around ever, but since CF was a place that I resided for a good 12? years or so...I thought I might pop over here and make an announcement some of you would like to be privy to.
(For those of you who don't care...well, allow me my small moment) In about 7 months, I'll be a father. For all of you who have been through it before, I'll gladly take any advice you're willing to offer. Anyway, just a breeze by to keep in touch to anyone who might be interested.

"It's been so long
It's been too long
But nothing has changed
Recognize every single face
Years of conformity,
years of absence"
- Horrorpops

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: hola..., dwimmerling, 22-Nov-08 01:31 AM, #7
Reply One thing I've learned as a farther..., Dark Priest, 20-Nov-08 09:21 AM, #6
Reply We miss you., GinGa, 19-Nov-08 02:07 PM, #5
Reply You can always pop in and chat with us., Lyristeon, 19-Nov-08 11:14 AM, #3
Reply Diznamn!, Stunna, 19-Nov-08 01:05 PM, #4
     Reply RE: Diznamn!, Lyristeon, 22-Nov-08 08:27 PM, #8
          Reply Oh yeah...I forgot., Lyristeon, 22-Nov-08 08:47 PM, #9
               Reply RE: Oh yeah...I forgot., Stunna, 23-Nov-08 01:20 PM, #10
                    Reply Yep., Lyristeon, 29-Nov-08 08:41 PM, #11
                         Reply I work with a lot of Asperger kids, Stunna, 30-Nov-08 10:48 AM, #12
Reply RE: hola..., Mort, 19-Nov-08 09:58 AM, #2
Reply Unca Shawky!, Stunna, 19-Nov-08 08:46 AM, #1

dwimmerlingSat 22-Nov-08 01:31 AM
216 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#1871, "RE: hola..."
In response to Reply #0

Well that answers my question about what you've been cooking lately.

Good luck!

Dark PriestThu 20-Nov-08 09:21 AM
Member since 19th Dec 2003
205 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#1870, "One thing I've learned as a farther..."
In response to Reply #0

Always remember 'what it was like'. I have three. My eldest is twelve and my youngest is eight. The thing that helped me most is to always remember what it was like to be their age and to relate to them. Understanding, compassion, and love goes a long way.

Until they are about six months old though, kids suck. All cute at first but then they puke in your mouth or piss all over you. Pft, no apreciation.

Congrats!

GinGaWed 19-Nov-08 02:02 PM
996 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1869, "We miss you."
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Wed 19-Nov-08 02:07 PM

I'm sure you'll be a better father than you have been to us diehard shokites in recent times I'm going to be jealous of the kid, because he'll get all the love we ain't.

Edit: Also, WWSD bracelet is only pwnsome if you're around to teach people what shokai would do.

LyristeonWed 19-Nov-08 11:14 AM
Member since 02nd Jan 2004
1282 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1867, "You can always pop in and chat with us."
In response to Reply #0

But, the most important thing you can do for your child is make time for them. Sure, my knees are shot, my shoulders ache and I am in a perpetual state of tired, but, being coaching 7 different teams in 2 sports for my kids is worth it.

StunnaWed 19-Nov-08 01:05 PM
1048 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#1868, "Diznamn!"
In response to Reply #3

What sports are they playing? And your kids are... 5 and 8??

I can't wait for little league games! I'm going to be the Dad that knows every kids name and cheers for EVERYONE. Then, after games, I'm taking everyone out for pizza. It's going to be great.

LyristeonSat 22-Nov-08 08:26 PM
1282 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1872, "RE: Diznamn!"
In response to Reply #4
Edited on Sat 22-Nov-08 08:27 PM

They are 8 an 10.

I am the State Rep. and baseball coach for my son in the Rec. League and his school's baseball coach.

I am the State Rep. and soccer coach for both of my kids in their Rec. League and the school's boys and girls soccer coach.

I also coach the boys travel soccer team.

LyristeonSat 22-Nov-08 08:47 PM
1282 posts
#1873, "Oh yeah...I forgot."
In response to Reply #8

I was asked to chair the TOPS Soccer program for disabled kids in my area as well.

StunnaSun 23-Nov-08 01:20 PM
1048 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#1874, "RE: Oh yeah...I forgot."
In response to Reply #9

One of your kids is disabled?

LyristeonSat 29-Nov-08 08:41 PM
1282 posts
#1877, "Yep."
In response to Reply #10

Asperger's Syndrome. But, he is mainstreamed in school and sports.

StunnaSun 30-Nov-08 10:48 AM
1048 posts
#1878, "I work with a lot of Asperger kids"
In response to Reply #11

with different levels of function. We actually have them referred to us by Easter Seals and a couple local doctors. The autism spectrum support groups are HUGE in this area because we have a couple public schools that are well known for their work in the field.

Good luck with your season, coach.

MortWed 19-Nov-08 09:58 AM
Member since 23rd Jan 2006
194 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1866, "RE: hola..."
In response to Reply #0

You promised you'd be logging in on ICQ/AIM but I haven't seen you. Jerk!

Congrats anyway, chief.

StunnaWed 19-Nov-08 08:46 AM
1048 posts
#1865, "Unca Shawky!"
In response to Reply #0

Hey man! Congrats!

Babies aren't that scary once they are yours. My best advice: spend as much time as you can with the littlun - TIME FLIES! Next thing you know, they are little kids.

Not sure if I mentioned in the CF community, but I've got #2 on the way - due at the end of April.

Top Non-CF Discussion "What Does RL Stand For?" Topic #1864 Previous topic | Next topic