Subject: "Please check out Kasty's new website!" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top Non-CF Discussion "What Does RL Stand For?" Topic #1817
Show all folders

TwistTue 24-Jun-08 08:54 AM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1817, "Please check out Kasty's new website!"

Hey all,
If you have a moment, check out the site that my company has built for Kastellyn. http://www.myphotofest.com.

The site is in "soft launch" mode right now. The general public can get to it, but doesn't know about it. Give it a spin, kick the tires, and by all means let us know if you see any error messages or glaring typos!

Oh and rent a bunch of cameras and then refer people and you can earn money.

Boatloads.
Ginormous metric tonnage of money.
I may be exaggerating.

Anyways, go check it out, please!

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: Please check out Kasty's new website!, Plushka, 09-Aug-08 05:37 PM, #11
Reply Out of curiosity..., Stunna, 29-Jul-08 09:23 PM, #10
Reply Fun., Moridin, 12-Jul-08 01:11 PM, #5
Reply Thanks!, Kastellyn, 12-Jul-08 05:02 PM, #6
     Reply You are most welcome, and a response...., Moridin, 12-Jul-08 07:13 PM, #7
          Reply *Heh*, Kastellyn, 29-Jul-08 06:28 PM, #8
               Reply Hah, Stunna, 29-Jul-08 09:21 PM, #9
Reply RE: Please check out Kasty's new website!, asylumius, 24-Jun-08 11:18 AM, #1
     Reply RE: Please check out Kasty's new website!, Eskelian, 25-Jun-08 07:34 AM, #2
     Reply RE: Please check out Kasty's new website!, Isildur, 26-Jun-08 06:19 AM, #3
          Reply RE: Please check out Kasty's new website!, Eskelian, 27-Jun-08 11:10 AM, #4

PlushkaSat 09-Aug-08 05:37 PM
Member since 16th Feb 2005
150 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#1843, "RE: Please check out Kasty's new website!"
In response to Reply #0

I don't see the token black/mexican/asian person in your intro photos *glare* :p

....I've lived in California FAR too long I think....

StunnaTue 29-Jul-08 09:23 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1048 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#1837, "Out of curiosity..."
In response to Reply #0

How much did your company charge for this? I'm having quotes done on a new site for a new business right now...

MoridinSat 12-Jul-08 01:11 PM
77 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1823, "Fun."
In response to Reply #0

I quoted your post and the link on my old band's fan community forum.

Hopefully you'll see some traffic from this link:

http://rocksmyfaceoff.net/forum/index.php/topic,63506.0.html

Well done.

Moridin

KastellynSat 12-Jul-08 05:02 PM
864 posts
#1824, "Thanks!"
In response to Reply #5

Every inbound link we get helps boost our ratings.

As an aside, based on Google analytics, CF drove most of our traffic when Twist's post went up, so thanks to everyone who visited the site!

I don't know whether that's good or sad, though...le sigh.

Kastellyn the Devourer of Magic, Lord of Legends

*** Email me your testimonials or two-line blurbs. Help our marketing efforts! ***

MoridinSat 12-Jul-08 07:11 PM
77 posts
#1825, "You are most welcome, and a response...."
In response to Reply #6
Edited on Sat 12-Jul-08 07:13 PM

from a semi-pro photographer:

Ten high-quality cameras in the hands of ten ordinary people will capture one hundred times more snapshots than one professional photographer can ever hope to take.

:crap:

It should read: Ten high-quality photographers with ten ordinary cameras will capture one thousand times more snapshots than ten ordinary photographers with ten high-quality cameras can hope to take.

Multiple photographers means that you get every shot – not just the main events. It also means that the main events are shot from multiple angles, letting you pick the very best shot possible.

:crap:

You can have a million photographers and nothing guarantees you get the shot you want.

Also, I wouldn't really call the Canon PowerShot A590IS a high-quality camera.

It's a neat idea, but it's no substitution for someone who knows what they're doing.

And my reply:

Hey, thanks for your frank response Big Guy.

They're trying to market to the folks who don't know how to use a camera, and who can't afford to pay a professional photographer.

They did a good bit of research to hit the right pricepoint, and get the best camera for the money.

I'm just sayin, not everyone understands what an http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F-number>F-Number is.

I'll forward your input to my buddy.

Thanks again,

Doug

Moridin

KastellynTue 29-Jul-08 06:28 PM
864 posts
#1835, "*Heh*"
In response to Reply #7

I was careful how I worded all of that. Note I said "snapshots" not "photographs". Professional (or semi-professional) photographers don't take "snapshots"...at least, I hope they don't!

I also said "best shot possible" on purpose...nothing can guarantee you get a shot that you want.

We're marketing more as a substitution for disposable table cameras than as a substitution for professional photographers, but I've hit that angle as well.

It's all good, though, I'm just glad he went to the website! We got like twenty-some visits from it, so, once again, thanks for posting the link there. Google also indexed the site so it counts as a SEO "vote" for our website.

If anyone else has a forum they post to where a link would be appropriate to post, have at it. It definitely makes a difference.

Kastellyn the Devourer of Magic, Lord of Legends

*** Email me your testimonials or two-line blurbs. Help our marketing efforts! ***

StunnaTue 29-Jul-08 09:21 PM
1048 posts
#1836, "Hah"
In response to Reply #8

If your marketing doesn't have the so-called "professionals" pissing and moaning you are doing something wrong.

Play on playa!!

No diggity! No doubt!

(Wow, okay, dated. Sorry.)

asylumiusTue 24-Jun-08 11:18 AM
Member since 09th Apr 2007
137 posts
#1818, "RE: Please check out Kasty's new website!"
In response to Reply #0

Looks good!

The only thing that jumped out at me is the Flash on the homepage. In Firefox/3.0+Linux, the Flash background isn't transparent, so you see two gray large boxes instead of the pretty green thing underneath.

Flash seems to have a handful of glitches like that under Firefox+Linux. You could slice that part up and put some pieces in the flash itself. I think there is also a hack that involves using a hidden iframe, but I haven't looked into that. Unfortunately, under Linux/Firefox, wmode=transparent isn't supported.

EskelianWed 25-Jun-08 07:34 AM
2023 posts
#1819, "RE: Please check out Kasty's new website!"
In response to Reply #1

One of the many reasons why web programming makes me want to punch an infant. I had to resist the urge to stab a coworker of mine who said their favorite "programming language" was Javascript. Coding for the web, in every situation where I've done it at work, has involved more or less ramming a square peg into a round hole. Div/iframe popup windows, injecting HTML to workaround stupid browser issues, wasting hours debugging because you self-enclosed your script tag and IE barfed on it, etc. Mind-numbing really.

IsildurThu 26-Jun-08 06:19 AM
5969 posts
#1820, "RE: Please check out Kasty's new website!"
In response to Reply #1

Looks fine on FF2/WinXP.

EskelianFri 27-Jun-08 11:10 AM
2023 posts
#1821, "RE: Please check out Kasty's new website!"
In response to Reply #3

The bug with Flash is Linux specific. Happens on my Ubuntu box too, but site is still usable it seems.

Top Non-CF Discussion "What Does RL Stand For?" Topic #1817 Previous topic | Next topic