Subject: "GeoPuzzles" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top Non-CF Discussion "What Does RL Stand For?" Topic #1812
Show all folders

ZesamTue 17-Jun-08 11:09 PM
Member since 04th Jun 2007
48 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1812, "GeoPuzzles"

I've semi recently started a new hobby called Geocaching. If you haven't heard of it, it's like a world wide treasure hunt using a GPS. More information can be found at www.geocaching.com. In my search for new and interesting caches, I've come across a puzzle cache that I cannot figure out. It's almost like you have to be in the guys head to know what the heck he was thinking (and I am not even close to the same brain waves). I'll list the puzzle and various clues below. Let's see if any puzzle fans can figure it out!

First, the given coordinates are N 39deg 46.629 W 086deg 00.153

While these coordinates are not the location of the cache, they won't be two far away, maybe ten miles. So... when solving the puzzle the first two numbers of each will remain the same.

Second, the owner of the cache left a clue to solve the puzzle: "The solution is composed of two elements. Squared."

Third, there are some letters in the puzzle... they may need to be switched with the geo decryption, but I doubt it... if that looks like the case I can post the key later (I don't think it is).

Fourth, the puzzle is the following picture:

Good luck to anyone that replies? And, thanks in advance.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

IsildurWed 18-Jun-08 08:02 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1813, "RE: GeoPuzzles"
In response to Reply #0

So what is the "answer" to the puzzle supposed to be? The mantissa of the decimal lat/long? Or some English description of what/where the cache is?

ZesamWed 18-Jun-08 10:01 AM
48 posts
#1814, "RE:Answer"
In response to Reply #1

It should be two full sets of coordinates.

IsildurWed 18-Jun-08 08:53 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
#1815, "RE:Answer"
In response to Reply #2

Why two sets? I thought the solution would be a single point on the map, not two. Or is that what you meant?

ZesamWed 18-Jun-08 09:24 PM
48 posts
#1816, "RE:Answer"
In response to Reply #3

That's what I meant, one line for North and one line for West.

Top Non-CF Discussion "What Does RL Stand For?" Topic #1812 Previous topic | Next topic