Subject: "What a boring ass BCS championship game" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top Non-CF Discussion "What Does RL Stand For?" Topic #1655
Show all folders

ZulghinlourTue 08-Jan-08 02:57 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
9792 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1655, "What a boring ass BCS championship game"

Can we please ban Ohio State from ever playing in another BCS game? I'm tired of the blowouts.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Terwin05Tue 08-Jan-08 05:34 PM
Member since 22nd Dec 2005
124 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1658, "Sorry, but..."
In response to Reply #0

As long as OSU continues to have an absolute cakewalk non-conference schedule and SEC teams keep beating the crap out of each other, there will be whiners claiming that a 1-loss OSU team should have a shot.

That 1 loss next year should come against USC, their only halfway decent non-conference opponent. I suspect we'll be hearing the same tired please next December.

T

ZulghinlourTue 08-Jan-08 07:18 PM
9792 posts
#1659, "RE: Sorry, but..."
In response to Reply #3

>As long as OSU continues to have an absolute cakewalk
>non-conference schedule and SEC teams keep beating the crap
>out of each other, there will be whiners claiming that a
>1-loss OSU team should have a shot.
>
>That 1 loss next year should come against USC, their only
>halfway decent non-conference opponent. I suspect we'll be
>hearing the same tired please next December.

Then I can only hope they finally get off their asses and get the Final Four/Elite Eight for college football...like they have for EVERY OTHER NCAA SPORT.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

Terwin05Wed 09-Jan-08 11:22 AM
Member since 22nd Dec 2005
124 posts
#1660, "RE: Sorry, but..."
In response to Reply #4

Anyone have a link to a reasonable explanation of why the current system will "never go away", which is the line I've heard parroted in the television media?

We have coaches, fans, and even pundits calling for a playoff but apparently it's the AD's that are resistant. I find it hard to believe that nobody can come up with a system that would benefit the schools and conferences financially just as much as the current system does.

Needless to say, I'd love to see an 8-team playoff.

SebeokTue 08-Jan-08 04:14 PM
940 posts
#1657, "RE: What a boring ass BCS championship game"
In response to Reply #0

I dunno man, I rather enjoy watching the douchebag OSU fans cry like little bitches. But then again, I'm a prick.

DaevrynTue 08-Jan-08 03:01 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#1656, "RE: What a boring ass BCS championship game"
In response to Reply #0

If only real football could be as exciting as CF fantasy football! Alas.

Top Non-CF Discussion "What Does RL Stand For?" Topic #1655 Previous topic | Next topic