Subject: "(AGE DEATH) [BATTLE] Gerylanst So'Kanr the Bloodied Com..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #41222
Show all folders

Death_AngelSun 11-Sep-05 09:48 AM
Member since 29th Mar 2024
16749 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#41222, "(AGE DEATH) [BATTLE] Gerylanst So'Kanr the Bloodied Commander of Battle"

Wed Sep 7 14:14:00 2005

At 3 o'clock PM, Day of Freedom, 32nd of the Month of the Grand Struggle
on the Theran calendar Gerylanst perished, never to return.

Race:arial
Class:bard
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:727

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Krilcovs Player, for GERYNAULST AND perhaps anyone else..., Geosplicer, 12-Sep-05 07:47 PM, #46
Reply RUN RUN RUN FROM GERYLANST!!!, Gerylanst (Guest), 07-Sep-05 02:56 PM, #45
Reply RE: RUN RUN RUN FROM GERYLANST!!!, Sessha (Guest), 07-Sep-05 03:03 PM, #2
Reply RE: RUN RUN RUN FROM GERYLANST!!!, Gerylanst (Guest), 07-Sep-05 03:13 PM, #4
Reply *sniff*, ordasen, 07-Sep-05 03:50 PM, #5
Reply RE: RUN RUN RUN FROM GERYLANST!!!, Gerylanst (Guest), 07-Sep-05 03:34 PM, #6
Reply Apparently I'm not allowed to pay my respects., Pro-man (Guest), 07-Sep-05 11:13 PM, #15
Reply Aww man, Aarn, 07-Sep-05 04:07 PM, #7
Reply RE: Aww man, Gerylanst (Guest), 08-Sep-05 12:04 AM, #17
Reply You rock!, Gvann (Guest), 07-Sep-05 04:22 PM, #8
Reply Bah.. yet again Im forgotten, Koai (Guest), 07-Sep-05 04:33 PM, #9
Reply RE: Bah.. yet again Im forgotten, Gery (Guest), 08-Sep-05 12:06 AM, #18
Reply Finally you crone!, Livion-Mit (Guest), 07-Sep-05 05:16 PM, #10
Reply Shame to watch you go, Holgerdunt (Guest), 07-Sep-05 05:31 PM, #11
Reply I may have made jokes about it..., Ritur (Guest), 07-Sep-05 06:00 PM, #13
Reply RE: I may have made jokes about it..., Gery (Guest), 08-Sep-05 10:41 AM, #28
Reply RE: RUN RUN RUN FROM GERYLANST!!!, Seiichi (Guest), 07-Sep-05 07:47 PM, #14
Reply RE: RUN RUN RUN FROM GERYLANST!!!, Gerylanst (Guest), 08-Sep-05 10:35 AM, #26
Reply Alidliril/Thil, Ajegrhi (Anonymous), 07-Sep-05 11:52 PM, #16
Reply *salute!*, Rusenlan (Guest), 08-Sep-05 02:59 AM, #20
Reply RE: RUN RUN RUN FROM GERYLANST!!!, Baltorn (Guest), 08-Sep-05 05:36 AM, #21
Reply RE: RUN RUN RUN FROM GERYLANST!!!, Gerylanst (Guest), 08-Sep-05 10:33 AM, #25
Reply Good but short times., Iasolar (Guest), 08-Sep-05 07:06 AM, #23
Reply Extremely fun, Tuggluk (Guest), 08-Sep-05 10:39 AM, #27
Reply Good job, Runaktla (Guest), 08-Sep-05 10:52 AM, #32
Reply Man you are a pain in the ass., Koe (Guest), 08-Sep-05 02:12 PM, #
Reply Man you are a pain in the ass., Koe (Guest), 08-Sep-05 02:12 PM, #36
Reply RE: RUN RUN RUN FROM GERYLANST!!!, Draxlin (Guest), 08-Sep-05 07:57 PM, #37
Reply What can you say about Gerylanst..., Dargmart (Guest), 09-Sep-05 06:31 AM, #39
Reply RE: RUN RUN RUN FROM GERYLANST!!!, Ravnir (Guest), 09-Sep-05 10:19 AM, #40
Reply Well Done!, Kastellyn, 09-Sep-05 12:33 PM, #41
Reply Chalk it up to a newbie IMM, Desmonn_Kinnt (Anonymous), 09-Sep-05 03:01 PM, #42
Reply RE: RUN RUN RUN FROM GERYLANST!!!, Dulmisa (Guest), 09-Sep-05 04:53 PM, #43
Reply RE: RUN RUN RUN FROM GERYLANST!!!, Alathin (Guest), 10-Sep-05 09:25 AM, #44
Reply hehe.., Bajula, 14-Sep-05 11:30 AM, #47
Reply I still remember talking to you preinduction, Iborenn (Guest), 14-Sep-05 02:48 PM, #48
Reply Tough bastard? Just got lucky., elmeri_, 14-Sep-05 03:36 PM, #49
     Reply Oh, and one more thing about bards., elmeri_, 14-Sep-05 03:56 PM, #50
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [BATTLE] Gerylanst So'Kanr the Bloodied..., Zilopza (Guest), 09-Sep-05 12:23 AM, #38
Reply *junkkick*, nepenthe, 08-Sep-05 11:01 AM, #33
Reply RE: *junkkick*, gerylanst (Guest), 08-Sep-05 11:14 AM, #34
     Reply Neppy, Minyar1 (Guest), 08-Sep-05 12:05 PM, #35
Reply Bah, Commander gone!, Rawnie (Guest), 08-Sep-05 06:42 AM, #22
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [BATTLE] Gerylanst So'Kanr the Bloodied..., Charade, 08-Sep-05 02:35 AM, #19
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [BATTLE] Gerylanst So'Kanr the Bloodied..., gery (Guest), 08-Sep-05 10:44 AM, #30
Reply Top notch, Valonis (Guest), 07-Sep-05 05:52 PM, #12
Reply RE: Top notch, Gerylanst (Guest), 08-Sep-05 10:46 AM, #31
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [BATTLE] Gerylanst So'Kanr the Bloodied..., Lightmaged (Guest), 07-Sep-05 03:10 PM, #3
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [BATTLE] Gerylanst So'Kanr the Bloodied..., Gery (Guest), 08-Sep-05 10:42 AM, #29
Reply My Good old friend, you lived a long time brother!, Ledifel (Guest), 07-Sep-05 02:22 PM, #1
     Reply RE: My Good old friend, you lived a long time brother!, Gery (Guest), 08-Sep-05 10:27 AM, #24

GeosplicerMon 12-Sep-05 07:47 PM
Member since 20th Feb 2005
6 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#41328, "Krilcovs Player, for GERYNAULST AND perhaps anyone else..."
In response to Reply #0

Dude, when I was growing close to hero.... Oh man.

Ok, secret entrance to ostiligoth. Brimbelbin, Rawnie, Tib, and you keeping me from camoing.... what can I say.. thanks for the heartfelt pk lol.

Anyways, to fight you I would have needed to lag you for one. That ment catching you where 80% of the villagers in my range avoided if they could help it.

Second
I had the haste preps... but that didnt even things out.. what I was needing was a resist mental and resist fire and an axe of lightning plus other things. Rangers who lost fast camo where not the greatest force in thera. After writing that note to village and being full looted so often, It gave me the strength to try and be the force upon the village. I think I did all right in scarying your.. mice. Nothing special, mebe though. I apologize when I gave into the deaths, but if you check my pbf.. thanks lruthror... I did die often, about 8 times fightin the felar chief solo at rank 38-42. Death wasnt my biggest concern. It was a grudge I held against the village since when I first came to duel a barbarian, with no angerst amongst the clan of yours. I was doing alright, dealign with his overspam but the thief who said he would remain standing away, came to hand him his weapons... Shame on me for expecting the theif to honor his words. I think I was sortof a paradox, expecting this out of my foes, and doing the exact opposite.. I was a backstabbing sonofabitch... not as much as my Orc Tuk.. see tuk. But anyways, thanks for the spanking. Fly,haste,stoneskin,aura,shield,resist-x,enlarge,ect..ect did give me a great edge, but you did show me the ill of my ways, and perhaps every other character I have played in my 9 years of cf. Slay a kobold, slay a dragon, burn a city, but dont toy with ever cabal, including your own(heheheheh gondrak) You give the village another boost, I have something to throw pie in your eye. Dont be an ass if you notice its krilcov with a mask... I cant loose that damn speech pattern I grew to enjoy.

Good job cheep trick. Jk.

Aberynaulst, Thror, Minaclaur, blah blah, Iborren, Gerynaulst..

put some honor in the village.

Gerylanst (Guest)Sun 11-Sep-05 09:48 AM

#41225, "RUN RUN RUN FROM GERYLANST!!!"
In response to Reply #0

Haha, anyhow thanks for the fun everyone, this was an awesome char, and a great time. Everyone that interacted with Gery in one form or another made my char. Now on to the fun stuff.

Gerylanst came into the village to inspire, I never had really planned on leading at all considering Iborenn was badassed and what not. I remember climbing up through the ranks and getting pummeled on a few occasions, but for the most part, all I ever needed was one other rager to go clean the floor with our enemies. Bards are super ragers if you don't mind not killing as much....you hardly ever die, and you can make it so your mates don't bite the bullet as much either. Scout was an awesome class, critical hit helps bards so much it's sick, and spell evasion....well spell evasion is really sick. Anyhow, I'm sure over half of you are wondering why the village didn't war so much with the empire. My reasoning behind it was simple....The treaty started because there were basically no imperial magi left after Etissrus died. So I began to speak with Gvan about it, and then he went and pissed in the Bear's cheerios so I put it off until Yagharek. Until recently, there hasn't been very man blacks, and I wanted every other cabal in thera to be on the lookout because if the village saw any uprising at all, we were coming that way. Oh yea, the whole maran and village holding hands thing, that kinda spurred me to walk this way too. I got tired of hearing it ooc and ic. Anyway

Immortals

Kasty-Man, thanks for taking a chance on a not so good bard. I remember when I got inducted, just throwing up a random pray and wham there you were. You wanted me to sing a song on the spot, that would inspire the villagers to go kill magi, and I bombed it terribly, but somehow you still let me in. Your interactions were always welcome and I always got excited to see you. Thanks for the tatt as well, I think I finally figured out what it does, though I could be wrong. I hope you get some more time for cf, because it defintitly is better with you running around. Thanks Again

Ordasen Hah, I swear if you knew I was Acaga I'm going to be pissed off. I tried my hardest not to like you too much but your just so damed good at being a barbarian blood/war/die god and that's me at heart. Thanks for the trophies, and the words, I always figured either you or kasty was watching the village from above, so the village is blessed in that sense. Thanks for the skull mug and the ale.

Aarn Another guy I just felt drawn to, with the early expieriences in your shrine to the random tells and laughs and even barrels of ale, you made life awesome, thanks.

Qaedelus Only a bit of interaction with us, but it was still fun, you run a good thief chain, maybe I'll come at you with my next *wry*

Khaso I figured that I was dead when I was boasting in your shrine about killing Gvan, thanks for the fun, I'm sure you had a hand in the evil or darkness that went on over the village. *tip* P.S. I also heard a rumor somewhere that you might have been Intronan in a former life....If so, I am so glad your still kickin.....I was your old vision way back..Bryvac. Thanks and stuff.

Desmonn I caught you controlling magi and hitting the giant! Hah, it was still fun. I'm not sure if you had any help, but thank them too.

Imms in general....You guys do to much for this game and don't get half the love you deserve, mad props, and keep on keepin on!

Now for the Morts, I know I will forget some of you, just post and I'll try to reply

Battle
Vershelt- Damn man, we went together like peas and carrots, I'm glad we clicked with these two rather then fought like Acaga and Yuyuya. Good luck and thanks for the fun
Tuggluk- Ballsy Dwarf, life was fun wasn't it?
Khard-see above
Ravnir-Ballsy giant, I hope your out of the shower from the Rawnie situation
Rusenlan- Where to start....I was so jealous that you were stealing some of my thunder when you got inducted and wham all of a sudden your composing like beethoven. I was like, "####!" Anyhow good job, and keep on truckin, Loved running beside you and fighting you.
Please post that log here if you would?!
Grimbelin- Har, You caught Maz with no shields, good job. I think that was the only time I ever saw him die. Keep on trucking, the village will need you now
Rawnie- Queeny! Fun char and good times, keep it up
Ghrulkar- You were a force, and I loved being there when you'd go off.
Iborenn- Bad assed man, bad assed
Ledifel- Hot headed but an awesome ally, Thanks

Ragers I forget....I've had too many hours or just got too used to not seeing you, post and I'll reply

Empire
Nabburak You were a badass motha and the single biggest mistake in empire history was to oust you I believe. You tooled the hell out of me.
Gvan The cleanup of the lich's reign kinda sucked for you, but way to hold out and kick ass
Ithuzzaruul or however you spelled it, Good char, and good fights, I know I would have gotten you again one of these times.
Yag Strong as hell, I remember when we were fighting I got away twice from you with 1 hp left. It was when I was raiding against you, not sure if you remember, but you were tough as all hell.
Dulmisa Got you once I think, you got me a lot more then that. Strong strong assassin, keep plugging away.
Sdradiga You tough bastard
If I'm forgetting anymore, post and I'll reply
Scion
Maz Your a tough bastard
Yagig Diddo
Runaktla Man did we have some good fights, got the blood pumpin
Gondrak Perfect bard killer, but I know you couldn't hang if you couldn't bash *wink*
Zilopza and Aumenka I hated healers, especially out of range healers with sanc and ####....bah! Good Job
Azarkad you were a tough damed drow too
Krilcov I didn't want to make you delete when I finally got you, I just wanted to show you what you'd be fighting when you got in with the big boys.
others.....post and I'll reply
Heralds
Sessha The one single act of you making the Gold made this char change for the better...completely. Thanks a bunch, and I know I was kinda flirtatious sometimes, but I tried never to let it go so far because.....well I don't know if your male of female! Anyhow, thanks alot for the fun.
Tribunal
Zimel Bah, lose a big axe then delete, we were just starting to have fun. Ballsy move striking the village, and good job.
Outlander
Dalbiddle Hated you, but your a tough bastard the way it was so, good job. Seeing the logs, I shoulda got you!
Thil Didn't really like your prodding or recklessness but, that's outlanderish I suppose. Chanting at me from the weeds though, I wanted to kick you Good job
Uncaballeds or I don't frickin know
Itelaquela Seriously man, you reminded me of a seventh grader with suspenders and glasses. Especially after I killed Pubba, he drops and sacs everything, then not three minutes later, you are logged on and killing my giant saying how I abuse my powers, just like him. If you are both, grow up. If your not....try to find an ic way to deal with it.

I know I'm forgetting lots, but post and I'll reply, thanks for the fun everyone.

Gerylanst/Acaga/Bryvac aka Derik

Sessha (Guest)Wed 07-Sep-05 03:03 PM

#41226, "RE: RUN RUN RUN FROM GERYLANST!!!"
In response to Reply #45

HAH! Female, but that's a hysterical reason to shy away from ic flirtation! I kinda get the impression that most manly men do it, though. How did the Gold change the character, by the way?

Gerylanst (Guest)Wed 07-Sep-05 03:13 PM

#41228, "RE: RUN RUN RUN FROM GERYLANST!!!"
In response to Reply #2

It was a way of becoming 'more' legendary, and I enjoyed it quite well. I went from being a stand alone shy guy, to a toot my own horn I'm killing everything guy. Thanks again
Gery

ordasenWed 07-Sep-05 03:26 PM
Member since 18th Feb 2004
216 posts
#41229, "*sniff*"
In response to Reply #45
Edited on Wed 07-Sep-05 03:50 PM

Damn man, what can I say.

It was great having you as a leader because I knew you would handle most things with a firm hand. Granted you were easy on applicants trying to get in(making me ruff them up or kick them out), but hopefully they left with a good first time experience

As to you being Acaga, I can honsetly say I did not know. I knew you were Bryvac from our discussion about you Imming...but I did not know Acaga. You were a steady solid character who was always there. You are the reason Battle has been so damn strong and constant for this time period..I can't think of another time where Battle has been on top this long. As Droky puts it, Battle is about to get kicked in the junk..but I'm sure there will be others who you taught who will rise up.

Great char, and a great deed Age deathing a rager leader. I was always hopeing you would have applied to Imm, though I can understand family comes first. Feel free to email me sometime, and dont be a stranger to the cabal
Good luck,
Ordasen

Gerylanst (Guest)Wed 07-Sep-05 03:34 PM

#41230, "RE: RUN RUN RUN FROM GERYLANST!!!"
In response to Reply #45

Well I already forgot some things damit

Dargmart! Screw you, you owe me 12!!! Just kidding man, you were fun to have around, I myself have a certain love for dwarf berserkers so it was awesome to have you rocking beside me. Thanks for making me nearly invincible.

As for being leader. I wanted to kinda break the mold that some leaders fall into. I tried my hardest to be around every day at the same times, so people could speak with me, and so that I could be seen. I'm not sure if this helped any of you first timers or lifers because I was always on at one time, and I didn't mix up my log ins to morning then night and what not. I hope you all were satisfied.

As for bards in Battle...yea some of their songs may border on...non magic/magic, but, as bards in battle, you gotta take some pretty big losses to finally get some gains. Which probably explains why there are so few. If you all want to throw words back and forth on this subject, I'd be down to put some imput in the stirring pot

Pro-man (Guest)Wed 07-Sep-05 11:13 PM

#41247, "Apparently I'm not allowed to pay my respects."
In response to Reply #6

My post seems to have been deleted for some reason.

I gave you two songs you asked for and mentioned my chatracters that interacted with you.

So, uh, good job.

AarnWed 07-Sep-05 03:59 PM
Member since 04th Feb 2005
566 posts
#41231, "Aww man"
In response to Reply #45
Edited on Wed 07-Sep-05 04:07 PM

Easily one of my favorite characters on CF, I always enjoyed watching and interacting with Gery. You didn't have any one specific thing about you, it was more just the whole package. Gery did everything good. You were easily the best Rager leader out of those I've been around to watch. Definitely a huge hit to Battle now that you're gone. Hopefully you come back with something just as good!

Oh, and Gery was the main character I was thinking of when I posted my ramble about characters that lead. You, and somewhat Maztriel. I knew whichever one of you was around, your side was probably going to win.

Anyway, superb job, loved the character, and I'd wish you the traditional "good luck with your next", but I don't think you need it.

Aarn!

p.s. Wish I had been around when you finally bit the dust! Also, I'd like to point out that this is the first time I've ever seen a character whos premium history filled up. There would have been several more entries on you from several different imms, but there wasn't any more room. Send beer to Zulg, maybe he'll increase the max size!

My last entry that didn't fit went something like "This character just all-around rocks, so I strung his in-room description to 'The ancient arial Gerylanst is here, looking battle-worn and proud.'" (or something close to that, I don't have it written down).

Gerylanst (Guest)Thu 08-Sep-05 12:04 AM

#41249, "RE: Aww man"
In response to Reply #7

Hey, thanks for that, and thanks for the ramble lead thing. I'd like to say that Gery was good alone, but you give him one or two others, we could wipe the floor with nearly everyone. That's just the plus of being a bard. Thanks again for the good times and the fun. I'll be seeing you soon, trust in that.

Gery

Gvann (Guest)Wed 07-Sep-05 04:22 PM

#41234, "You rock!"
In response to Reply #45

Man, you wes great. Damn, bards are not easy to fight with shaman, but I'll never forget that time when I got you solo in balator's inn . when you was awake, I always knew village is strong .. And it's a pity that our traty was not too long Gvan would live much more longer if it would not be broken Perhaps, he would also age-die

See you in de fields,
Gvan

Koai (Guest)Wed 07-Sep-05 04:33 PM

#41235, "Bah.. yet again Im forgotten"
In response to Reply #45

Ahhh well...
I told you in game I enjoyed it..
and I did alot....
But sucks to be left almost alone again...
you will be greatly missed...
I interacted with you with more than this char

fun with both

As for Age dieing as a Villager thats hardcore..
good luck with your next one...

Gery (Guest)Thu 08-Sep-05 12:06 AM

#41250, "RE: Bah.. yet again Im forgotten"
In response to Reply #9

#### man, I tried so hard to not forget the old guys, that I forgot the current guys. You and Iasolar, have fun, Holgerdunt, good luck, and BRINDY!! Hah, well done on the Imm, glad you made it and hope you stick it out. I know more will come to me while I sleep

Gery

Livion-Mit (Guest)Wed 07-Sep-05 05:16 PM

#41236, "Finally you crone!"
In response to Reply #45

Damn you were something! Seriously you were the spine of the village, what a true leader should be. It's rare that leaders act so perfectly; usually there are a few mistakes but I really think you always acted perfectly as you should. You were the most knowledgeble of all villagers, learned a lot following you. Hopefully when I'll be back to CF it'll be around one of your chars.

You rock, good luck with your next!

Livion

Holgerdunt (Guest)Wed 07-Sep-05 05:31 PM

#41237, "Shame to watch you go"
In response to Reply #45

Thanks for finally taking the time to interview me, glad you had so much fun with this char, as I enjoyed the times we got to spend together. I was hoping to be able to be around more towards the end of your life as I knew it was coming up, but eh things get in the way of games sometimes.
Good luck on your next one and see you in the fields
laters

Ritur (Guest)Wed 07-Sep-05 06:00 PM

#41239, "I may have made jokes about it..."
In response to Reply #45

But I'm actually sad this day came. You were one of those awesome long-term leaders that I remember back from my newbies days about 3 years ago. Nowadays leaders come and go but you actually stuck it. I'm madly jealous because its something i'm yet to achieve (both in leadership and sticking to age death) but you earned every bloody thing you got and more. I only wish there was someway I could emphasize that more!

Thanks for inducting Ritur, kinda saddened to hear that inductions weren't overly difficult with you because I was proud of having gotten Ritur to trick you into inducting without an interview/recommendation. The idea no one knew Ritur then suddenly he was just a village member was kinda fun. Save Ledifel, he was just my felar buddy from literally day 1.

I'm glad you made this character because i guarantee it'll stick around and have an impact on CF in general for a long time to come. I'm almost surprised there wasn't any kind of immorting going on.

Ritur/Yhorian.

PS - I hope you make your next character with as much citrus zest as this one. It was truly 'epic' (get it!)

Gery (Guest)Thu 08-Sep-05 10:41 AM

#41261, "RE: I may have made jokes about it..."
In response to Reply #13

How the hell could I forget Ritur?! Well played and well done. I don't think there was ever a dull moment when you were around, I found myself laughing my ass off a number of different times. Thanks for the fun, it's players like you that keep me going.

Gery

Seiichi (Guest)Wed 07-Sep-05 07:47 PM

#41243, "RE: RUN RUN RUN FROM GERYLANST!!!"
In response to Reply #45

Appreciated your cooperation with me there at the old tower. It was sort of risky on my part, you know, standing and talking with a criminal and all. But it was a risk I was willing to take. And it seemed effective for us both (Tribunal mainly, thank goodness). You've always seemed like a solid character to me. Good run with being a bard commander (goodness, you guys live forever). Hope to see you around the Bloody fields more. Good luck.

Gerylanst (Guest)Thu 08-Sep-05 10:35 AM

#41259, "RE: RUN RUN RUN FROM GERYLANST!!!"
In response to Reply #14

The incident in the tower was one of the single classiest moves I thought I ever pulled with Gery. Hope you didn't mind my whole war spin on things, but you know I had to do it. Toot my own horn again

Good luck with your war and keep the spire strong

Gery

Ajegrhi (inactive user)Wed 07-Sep-05 11:52 PM
Charter member
In response to Reply #45

Hey! Whelp! I kicked your ass in rites!

Damn nice job.

Liked you as Alidliril, and Thil. Hehe, I think I insulted you so many times with Thil. But it was a plan. Nasty ugly plan.

Rest and come back, village awaits you. Make a defender next time?

Rusenlan (Guest)Thu 08-Sep-05 02:59 AM

#41253, "*salute!*"
In response to Reply #45

>Rusenlan- Where to start....I was so jealous that you were
>stealing some of my thunder when you got inducted and wham all
>of a sudden your composing like beethoven. I was like,
>"####!" Anyhow good job, and keep on truckin, Loved running
>beside you and fighting you.
>Please post that log here if you would?!

Har! Guessed you were Acaga. Like I said you taught my 1st villager a lot (Pyro if you remember heh). Anyway, you were the best leader I've ever had the pleasure to work under (besides Iramath). Wasn't the high and mighty, 'don't speak to me until you gain some recognition' 'I have no time' leader..but a really down to earth, drinks with his men and helps them (the gold gathering! You were my biggest donor.) sort..Which I really enjoyed.

Rus looked up to you a lot, and it was madly fun to have 2 bards in the Village together. And..jealous? Gery!? God you were one hundred x hundred times better than Rus was. :p

As for you saying bards in Village don't kill as much..well perhaps for the rest of us. For you, you had the highest mage kill number as I recall Kasty saying in that bet.

p.s.Log too long to be posted here so I posted on dio's.

Baltorn (Guest)Thu 08-Sep-05 05:36 AM

#41254, "RE: RUN RUN RUN FROM GERYLANST!!!"
In response to Reply #45

Well, I would have to say you were the best cabal leader I've ever been under.

You would show up and I would feel god damn invincible and know we would kick the living hell out of our enemies.

I think the thing that solidifies it most is that you gave Gvan his final death. I remeber logging in and one of the other ragers telling me and I was just ####ing dumbfounded. Here we have a bard, killing a shaman, in the shaman's cabal? But not just any bard or shaman, but the Leader of Battle, killing the freaking Emperor, giving him his last death. Simply pimptastic.

Well done.

Gerylanst (Guest)Thu 08-Sep-05 10:33 AM

#41258, "RE: RUN RUN RUN FROM GERYLANST!!!"
In response to Reply #21

Yet another one I forgot, sorry about that. I really did like alot of things with Baltorn. You seem self reliant, and know what you want to do, and that's rare when the commander asks or orders you to do something. I liked it

Keep it up

Gery

Iasolar (Guest)Thu 08-Sep-05 07:06 AM

#41256, "Good but short times."
In response to Reply #45

Aww man.. what can I say. Was fun the short time it lasted and what more can you say about Gery. Thanks for all the short times we travelled and the talks. And I was glad to be there when you came to your final demise. It is a time to be remembered and *sniff* I almost wanted to shed a tear when you commented about how it saddened you. More to say when I hit the fan.
Good luck on your next man. Great Character!
Iasolar

Tuggluk (Guest)Thu 08-Sep-05 10:39 AM

#41260, "Extremely fun"
In response to Reply #45

I look back and miss those times of us running around :p. Anyway, incredible character. To have a character like Acaga and then come back with an similiarly great arial bard battle leader, takes a lot of talent. Well done in all aspects of the game. I learned a lot of things from our short time together so thanks a bunch. Wish I was there to see Gery kick the bucket but at the moment I'm taking a breather from CF and playing World of Warcraft (a sin I know). But here's hoping you are alive and kicking when I come back, people like you make CF the great game it is. We defeinetely could use a few more Acaga/Gerylanst players running around .

Undead_Irish

Runaktla (Guest)Thu 08-Sep-05 10:52 AM

#41266, "Good job"
In response to Reply #45

Oh man were you impossible for me to nab. You deflected
spells more than any other Rager I fought, maybe a little
bit less deadly, but wow.

- Runaktla

Koe (Guest)Thu 08-Sep-05 02:12 PM

#41271, "Man you are a pain in the ass."

All your chars seem to be a thorn in my side. That's a good thing. I don't play anymore, and I really doubt I will ever have the motivation to do so again so thanks for all the challenging times. You could have laid off me at least a LITTLE bit though.

Koe (Guest)Thu 08-Sep-05 02:12 PM

#41272, "Man you are a pain in the ass."
In response to Reply #45

All your chars seem to be a thorn in my side. That's a good thing. I don't play anymore, and I really doubt I will ever have the motivation to do so again so thanks for all the challenging times. You could have laid off me at least a LITTLE bit though.

Draxlin (Guest)Thu 08-Sep-05 07:57 PM

#41277, "RE: RUN RUN RUN FROM GERYLANST!!!"
In response to Reply #45

Thanks for a great time man. I can honestly say that out of all the leaders I've seen (besides myself of course :p) in the muds that I played from (the mud that was created by those that were dissatisfied with CF 6 or so years ago and the mud that was created by those that were dissatisfied with those that created CF...what a tongue twister,) you were the best mortal leader. Heck, once you came on, it was mostly no contest against any other cabal. Granted I didn't do much with Draxlin before I decided to quit playing, I really appreciate your skills and the chance to play as a level 51 and in a cabal. Thanks again.

Dargmart (Guest)Fri 09-Sep-05 06:31 AM

#41282, "What can you say about Gerylanst..."
In response to Reply #45

That isn't already written on bathroom stalls from Seantryn to Udgaard?

Great great great great job! Way to stick out a 700+ on a rager. You definatly were not a chicken ####, and definatly stuck to RP. Mad mad mad crazy props. YOU ARE THE MAN!!

I'll miss you most of all, Toto.

Ravnir (Guest)Fri 09-Sep-05 10:19 AM

#41285, "RE: RUN RUN RUN FROM GERYLANST!!!"
In response to Reply #45

I have played cf for many years now. And i am certain you were the best cabal leader i ever had. You made it fun for us players to stay in the cabal. I sincerly believe that the Imms should use you as rolemodel for picking leaders. It seems Imms often pick the asshole-players as caballeaders for some reason, like my current one. You however were someone i would have given my set for any day .

I knew from running around with you getting gear that you had played battle many times before. So guessing on Acaga after that post on diox...was not to hard. The funny thing is that you have hated some of my previous chars .

You forgot that incident in the chasm where i bashed Maztriel down, and you for some reason fought the portal. Then he was convulsing, you sang one of those lame songs and stole the kill with an eviscerate...hehe.

So if you ever are close, give me a call and we shall share a bottle of Laphroaig in the memory Gerylanst.

KastellynFri 09-Sep-05 12:33 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
864 posts
#41287, "Well Done!"
In response to Reply #45

I knew your ride was drawing to a close, and I knew I'd probably be on the road when it happened; that was the impetus for the last conversation that we had.

I won't say that you were the best Commander the Village ever had, but I will say that you were the best Commander that I have seen in the Village (taking my several military deployments into account) during my time as an Imm. You did this through a combination of presence (your "standard" log in times, and the amount of on-line time that you put into the character), inductions (never mass inducting, always keeping a quality flow of new blood into the Village), PK skill and RP (which was always consistent and always very solid). You also did this by, as Aarn said, just being a leader. There was a certain quality about this character that drew the best out of those that surrounded him, and it was noticable both from the Immortal and mortal standpoint.

I also thought you had a wonderful grasp on what it takes to become a Theran Legend. Most followers 'get it', but not as early in the game as you did, so props for that. Your name will definitely be remembered, both in the Village and throughout Thera.

I'm glad that both you and Rusenlan were in the Village at the same time. Your roles as Village bards seemed to play very nicely off of each other, and there was a period of time when I'd get a new piece of work from one of you every week. Thanks for participating in the various quests that are going on as well - you were a big part of getting the Village involved.

*heh* I had no idea you were Acaga, but that warcry is still one of my all-time favorites.

Great job! I will miss you and the Village will miss you. Once I get home, I'll put Gerylanst's last 'reward' in the game - and I'm not talking about the pillar! Ha! You'll have to play another Villager to see what it is!

Kastellyn the Devourer of Magic, Lord of Legends

Desmonn_Kinnt (inactive user)Fri 09-Sep-05 03:01 PM
Charter member
In response to Reply #45

How was I to know the giant was going to reveal me. Things you learn I suppose.

I hope you had fun. Whenever you logged on, I always looked around to see if there was someone who would give you a proper send off if that time was the time.

I still laugh when I think about you bribing Desmonn to keep his hands out of villagers pockets..and then I imm'ed like the next week.

I won't even say come back, because you probably already are.

Desmonn Kinnt

Dulmisa (Guest)Fri 09-Sep-05 04:53 PM

#41289, "RE: RUN RUN RUN FROM GERYLANST!!!"
In response to Reply #45

Everythings been said, you were a skilled bard and a real tideturner, you get two master-assassin-thumbs-up!

Alathin (Guest)Sat 10-Sep-05 09:25 AM

#41295, "RE: RUN RUN RUN FROM GERYLANST!!!"
In response to Reply #45

Heh. Interviewing you was one of the most fun things I'd done for the cabal. Knowing who you were now, it was surprising that it did take you a day or so to get my reccommendation. I had to lead you so hard, especially as a Battle first-timer, on something that you'd taken for granted.

That's saying alot since my patience for fighting in it finally failed. The rare times we had to fight together, I did note the small differences in our races i.e. my songs were more powerful, much moreso under the right circumstances, but you had the clear and overwhelming advantage of flight, something I constantly wished I had as I was thrashed by lag, usually from gangs.

My attention span for the game at the moment is gone, but I still hope to see you around.

BajulaWed 14-Sep-05 11:30 AM
929 posts
#41361, "hehe.."
In response to Reply #45

liked this fella from a few characters perspectives.
mainly towards the end of dremkal's life, and Nimelerion, who while a fortie and all still liked ya.
Well anyway, good character. best of luck with your next.

Iborenn (Guest)Wed 14-Sep-05 02:48 PM

#41373, "I still remember talking to you preinduction"
In response to Reply #45

I was really amazed by your roleplay and promptly wrote a missive to Kasty talking major good about you.
I wished we had gotten to run together more often, I loved Acaga a bard could only have been scarier.
More ragers?

elmeri_Wed 14-Sep-05 03:36 PM
Member since 13th Dec 2004
252 posts
#41374, "Tough bastard? Just got lucky."
In response to Reply #45

I must say, after all these motnhs, I was touched by the comment.
At least all imperials aren't gangbanging, full looting scum. Always gave mucho respect to your (and Ghrulkar's, Vershelt's and everyone's) guts on hitting the Vanquisher without the head, knowing the deathtrap you came into. I made a decision there and then I'd not do the usual empire full loot jazz (like I hope you realised), and tried to enforce the 'have you dignity citizens, can you not make corpses of your own to pick' roleplay among the younger villagers. I hope you appreciated it, and gave what was given to you, when you had the chance. Nice char all in all.

elmeri_Wed 14-Sep-05 03:56 PM
Member since 13th Dec 2004
252 posts
#41375, "Oh, and one more thing about bards."
In response to Reply #49

What you said about being powerfull alone, but with friends, lethal. I absolutely agree. As a leader I wasn't all that much. But if I had a meatshield, someone to rescue me at the D, the Vanquisher to keep people in battle when I fled, or just a random young black sectee to keep the target busy, man was it easy. As a bard, you need to be able to land that fiend at just the right time. Walk in, fiend, start to work your magic, and everything goes wrong. But go in, work your magic a bit, get your enemy wounded, and suddenly wham bam boom the #### hits the fan. As a support char, a bard kick heavy ass. But with a few meatshields, a bard is very easy to dominate the battle with.

Zilopza (Guest)Fri 09-Sep-05 12:23 AM

#41280, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [BATTLE] Gerylanst So'Kanr the Bloodied..."
In response to Reply #0

Heh - Just because everyone else have said what has to be said, cool char and so forth i will however say one bit one negative thing... I think you know what it is as we discussed it at the Giant that one time where we all talked there... Your peace with both empire and fortress despite they both holds mages within. You where titled Bloodied Commander of the village, yet the mages of fortress and empires had their "holy ground" to rest at... But, hey maybe its just me as i was a HUGE underdog at that time, so i was merely trying to stir up the pot a bit...

But apart from that, congratulations on a job well done and you earned your place on the pillar, no doubt about it.

/Zilopza, Warden of the what ever that means...

nepentheThu 08-Sep-05 11:01 AM
3430 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#41267, "*junkkick*"
In response to Reply #0

I've said many a time that Battle would take a big kick in the crotch losing Gerylanst, and it's true.

I typically hate half of the leaders of Battle, but I thought Gerylanst was pretty cool. Not perfect, but all around really good and consistent. You did a really nice job.

gerylanst (Guest)Thu 08-Sep-05 11:14 AM

#41268, "RE: *junkkick*"
In response to Reply #33

Thanks, I was thinking of doing something like this because of the imm comments I saw from Aarn.

Gerylanst gets a huge mug of ice cold ale from his travel sack.
Gerylanst gives a huge mug of ice cold beer to a hideous dragon and waits for him to expand the Imm-comments buffer on the premium battlefield.

Gerylanst then gets a huge mug labeled, 'Order' and slowly passes it to the Ebony Warlock.

Zulghinlour and the dragon both turn and walk away, pondering on how to fix the size buffer.

Hahah, thanks though, I always kinda figured you'd be watching my back in some form or another. Just goes to show that even the most childish players...(me at one point) can turn into no so bad guys if given a chance or two. I ain't going to even tell you which of my chars you and I got into it with, but I repsect your patience and continued contributions to this game. Thanks a bunch neppy

Gery

Minyar1 (Guest)Thu 08-Sep-05 12:05 PM

#41269, "Neppy"
In response to Reply #34

Ah, He will always be sore against Battle leaders because he Immed as a Master! Eww, gross master imms.

Seriously though, I remember the day Nepenthe was made a level 52 Avatar from being a Mortal. I also remember his butt coming in and saving some Paladin and I in the Maus one time. The good ole days, when Nimbus would bash battleragers for being stupid! There are some imms the playerbase have been happy to see go (ie Cador) and there are some we probably didn't care much about. However, there are those few who have stuck it out for a long time and we really like. IE Jullias, Neppy, and Shokai - Granted, there are others who have been around almost as long and this in no way is to be a slight against them. Just, some of them are way more "behind the scenes" than Nep and Shok. Of course, my like of Jullias has more to do with when he was around and commenting on things all the time, way back when.

Oh the memories.

Anyway, GERY! Great Job from Dalbiddle! We had a couple of fun interactions I thought. You surprising me in Imperial lands once or twice wasn't my favorite moment, but hey, we all have those times.

Aaron

Rawnie (Guest)Thu 08-Sep-05 06:42 AM

#41255, "Bah, Commander gone!"
In response to Reply #0

Well what more can really be said, it was all a big storm when I came in, and after all the good times we weathered the bad, and left with only a few who started out to finish til the end. Great Character all the way around, Great Commander in every aspect of the definition and more fun than with a character than I can remember other than "RITUR". After all the hits the Village just took here recently. This is the biggest by far and sad to say, not sure how we will rebound b/c I can't think of another character that put that much effort forth to make others around them better.
Queeny!

CharadeThu 08-Sep-05 02:35 AM
120 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#41252, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [BATTLE] Gerylanst So'Kanr the Bloodied..."
In response to Reply #0

Damn nice character. Wish I could have been on more with Draxidar because I was definately happy when you got the nod for leader after the Rites. Age dying a Battle character is a hell of a feat, and to be a leader and do it is amazing. Great job man through and through.

gery (Guest)Thu 08-Sep-05 10:44 AM

#41264, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [BATTLE] Gerylanst So'Kanr the Bloodied..."
In response to Reply #19

I saw real promise in Draxidar, you did some good things. Glad you had a good time too. Maybe we'll meet again on the same side someday, good luck and stuff

Gery

Valonis (Guest)Wed 07-Sep-05 05:52 PM

#41238, "Top notch"
In response to Reply #0

We had a few run-ins, and I was always generally impressed with our interactions, if not leery of going toe-to-toe with you. The one time I finally took you down in your final days, only to end up dying on the next round to the Bandit Queen's critical strike, left me feeling a little sheepish. You were really classy about returning everything, which is more than I could expect from the other ragers I fought.

Anyway, props to you for making the ragers respectable and giving me opponents to save me from boredom in the late hours of the evening. Hopefully we can interact again soon, whether it is on the same side or as enemies.

Gerylanst (Guest)Thu 08-Sep-05 10:46 AM

#41265, "RE: Top notch"
In response to Reply #12

That time in Vorialia, I knew it was either you or me, so I made a choice to go balls out. I knew age would get me before the con would so I started to take more chances in the end. Anyhow, good char and good luck, thanks for the reply

Gery

Lightmaged (Guest)Wed 07-Sep-05 03:10 PM

#41227, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [BATTLE] Gerylanst So'Kanr the Bloodied..."
In response to Reply #0

Awesome job old man. Enjoyed learning about the fortress with Grorefang. Though I hate warriors. Enjoyed hunting you with Lycandraev. Take care, you will be missed.

Gery (Guest)Thu 08-Sep-05 10:42 AM

#41262, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [BATTLE] Gerylanst So'Kanr the Bloodied..."
In response to Reply #3

Love Grorefang, hated Lycandrev, but glad you enjoyed our times, I really enjoyed Grorefang, you really showed me what a stormie could do. Keep on truckin, and I'll see you out in the fields.

Gery

Ledifel (Guest)Wed 07-Sep-05 02:22 PM

#41223, "My Good old friend, you lived a long time brother!"
In response to Reply #0

Good job and well done! Never have I met a Commander within the Village who not only led the Village, but inspired all and helped them grow to be quite the powerhouse while in command. And did that successfully twice. Anyways what more can I say, were good old times and you stuck it out more than anyone else that I can even begin to think of. Through the good and bad times you still got up each time and did what you needed to do to keep us going as a unit. Good job and maybe we will see the Legends name on the Pillar in the Village at some point, you deserve it for all the hard work.
Ledifel SpearClaw

P.S. Hit me with an email sometime at felipe_starks@hotmail.com
later

Gery (Guest)Thu 08-Sep-05 10:27 AM

#41257, "RE: My Good old friend, you lived a long time brother!"
In response to Reply #1

We went together like peas and carrots, pity you stopped showing up but I understand how something can begin to drag on or you just lose interest. Was fun, and maybe we'll be seeing each other again. If you want to hit me up, my AIM is under Suilvanum.

Gery

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #41222 Previous topic | Next topic