Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Vuurog the Annihilator of Innocents" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #25774
Show all folders

Death_AngelSat 27-Mar-04 09:48 AM
Member since 17th May 2024
16856 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#25774, "(DELETED) [None] Vuurog the Annihilator of Innocents"

Sat Mar 27 08:44:58 2004

At 8 o'clock PM, Day of Deception, 30th of the Month of the Frost Giant
on the Theran calendar Vuurog perished, never to return.

Race:orc
Class:berserker
Level:42
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:193

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Vuurog (Guest)Sat 27-Mar-04 09:06 PM

#25796, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Vuurog the Annihilator of Innocent..."
In response to Reply #0

This was my first character on CF. The mud I came from had character and equipment longevity. I needed to play something here that would get me used to the brutal CF style of play. I chose Orc.

My normal playing times were US nights so there weren't always a lot of people on. This was nice because it allowed me to get my bearings easier (less worry of pk). This was bad because I often could not find a group. This meant a lot of solo ranking and subsequent mob deaths.

RP for Vuurog was pretty much non-existent. Because I wasn't around other Orcs a lot I had trouble with the speech. My speech changed daily as I kept trying out new ways to talk. I started out with an idea for Vuurog but it never went much of anywhere.

After being 1k away from level 43 and mob dying again I decided I couldn't take any more. Since I had no real role or purpose I figured it was time to move on. Orcs can be a lot of fun but it can also be frustrating.

Thanks to all the people who realized I was new and helped me out along the way. This is a very tough mud but its also very fun.

Golron (Guest)Sat 27-Mar-04 10:11 PM

#25800, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Vuurog the Annihilator of Innocent..."
In response to Reply #1

Do you have any idea how close I was to dying near the swamp?
I was on 130 or so hp thinking I was doing well, you land a bash and a savage feeding, im down to 9 hp for three rounds, you miss a bash and im basically spamming flee in panic, if you bash had landed, the bash damage most likely would have killed me.

Shame you deleted, you should try either a thief, assassin or ranger. Id go more towards ranger. Once you get creep, basically NO one can see or hear you coming. Means you dont need to worry so much about pk, and its really nice watching groups rank right next to them and picking them off. Also once you get to 35, then it takes either HUGE mistakes to be killed, or you are royally screwed over by an huge group/mob etc.

Good luck with the next though

jaynusSat 27-Mar-04 11:45 PM
Member since 16th Apr 2003
139 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#25801, "First character reaching 42 is a really good accomplish..."
In response to Reply #1

I'm sure you'll be a good addition to this MUD! Welcome to CF

SevarecanSun 28-Mar-04 01:38 AM
Member since 24th Sep 2003
76 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#25802, "Good job."
In response to Reply #1

It takes some gumption to get an Orc up into the 40's on a first
character without knowing the lay of the land (among other things).

That experience is going to serve you very well with your future
characters.

Tibintuk (Guest)Mon 29-Mar-04 01:28 AM

#25817, "RE: To those about to savage feed, I salute you."
In response to Reply #1

For having the testicular fortitude to tackle an orc for your
first character on Cf. It is a wicked learning curve, and the way
of the orc is paved with setbacks. I saw you on occasionly, because
I myself am a night owl. Even having another orc around makes it a little more fun for some reason. Anyways, good luck with your next character. Just wanted to give you props for sticking it out with an orc.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #25774 Previous topic | Next topic