Subject: "[FORTRESS] [ACOLYTE] Jdenskyn the Protector of Faith, G..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #21527
Show all folders | View messages in linear mode

JdenskynMon 29-Sep-03 02:36 AM
Member since 26th Aug 2003
12 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#21527, "[FORTRESS] [ACOLYTE] Jdenskyn the Protector of Faith, Gu..."

Well, this was a fun character for me and I'm sad to let him go. Unfortunately, I'm leaving the country on work for a minimum of six months and .. well, you know how it goes. So I'm jumping the gun on the Death Angel, who won't show me here for another week or so.

I made this character to explore and relearn the game after a break of three years. I think I did a good job of that and I can count the areas I don't know on one hand now, although I pulled some awful stupid stuff learning them. I followed Shokai because I remember him being fun, and his was the only Shrine location I remembered. Jhanderin even made me learn the Jhualde Road as one of my induction quests, to give you a general idea.

My hours were so erratic for so long that I forgot most of the people I played with between logins. A couple exceptions Lariya, Jirash, Erenthell, Gwyythinniel, Rogardian, Tyohleib, Azharadon, Gondorff/Jhanderin, Obaznuk, and .. I know I'm leaving a bunch out. I apologize in advance. You were all great fun to play with, though, so thanks for putting up with my twisted genius(tm)!

Shokai - Thanks for the empowerment and again for the secondary empowerment. I didn't know I had to get empowered twice, so I got caught offguard in the mid 20s until someone mentioned it was a normal occurance. I started to compose a note of my accomplishments to date and randomly checked my practice list halfway through. Turns out you empowered me again before I ever got around to asking you for it. Thanks! You made playing a priest fun and easy. I wish I had more time to take the position you offered me.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: [FORTRESS] [ACOLYTE] Jdenskyn the Protector of Fait..., Rogardian, 30-Sep-03 05:31 PM, #16
Reply Gunna miss ya, chief., Tyohleib (Guest), 29-Sep-03 11:23 PM, #11
Reply RE: Gunna miss ya, chief., Jdenskyn, 30-Sep-03 11:53 AM, #13
Reply ya see any of the empire about?, Kertaki (Guest), 29-Sep-03 11:21 PM, #10
Reply RE: ya see any of the empire about?, Jdenskyn, 30-Sep-03 11:46 AM, #12
Reply I'll just echo what everyone else has said..., Jaedren (Guest), 29-Sep-03 07:44 PM, #9
Reply RE: I'll just echo what everyone else has said..., Jdenskyn, 30-Sep-03 11:59 AM, #14
Reply Warning!!! Extremely floofy RP goodbye within, two dudes (Guest), 29-Sep-03 03:10 PM, #8
Reply RE: Warning!!! Extremely floofy RP goodbye within, Jdenskyn, 30-Sep-03 12:02 PM, #15
Reply Shoot.., Gwy (Guest), 29-Sep-03 06:46 AM, #4
Reply RE: Shoot.., Jdenskyn, 29-Sep-03 10:40 AM, #7
Reply Seeya genius, Lariya (Guest), 29-Sep-03 03:12 AM, #3
Reply RE: Seeya genius, Jdenskyn, 29-Sep-03 10:33 AM, #6
Reply RE: [FORTRESS] [ACOLYTE] Jdenskyn the Protector of Fait..., Erenthell (Guest), 29-Sep-03 02:56 AM, #2
Reply RE: [FORTRESS] [ACOLYTE] Jdenskyn the Protector of Fait..., Jdenskyn, 29-Sep-03 10:26 AM, #5
Reply RE: [FORTRESS] [ACOLYTE] Jdenskyn the Protector of Fait..., Bajula, 29-Sep-03 02:44 AM, #1

RogardianTue 30-Sep-03 05:31 PM
Member since 19th Aug 2003
26 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#21573, "RE: [FORTRESS] [ACOLYTE] Jdenskyn the Protector of Fait..."
In response to Reply #0

Where are your priorities man?! Leaving the Fort to go do what you're doing instead. Bah!

Nice job man, we'll see you when you come back.

Rog

Tyohleib (Guest)Mon 29-Sep-03 11:23 PM

#21547, "Gunna miss ya, chief."
In response to Reply #0

I think I said most everything I wanted to say to you IC before you deleted, but I just wanted to tell you once again that I really dug you. You were one bad mofo healer and more importantly a good friend. I hope everything goes well with your job and such, I must admit, I'm kinda jealous about all the travel. If you don't mind me asking, where are you headed?

Tyohleib.

JdenskynTue 30-Sep-03 11:53 AM
12 posts
#21557, "RE: Gunna miss ya, chief."
In response to Reply #11

I was so happy when you logged on that night. I hadn't seen you for awhile and I just came on to give away my things and say goodbye, and sure enough, there wasn't a single Fortress guy on until you popped in. Plus, I just loved having hostile people around, because that always meant that I'd be busy - and subsequently have more fun healing/interacting with cool characters like yours.

I'll be starting off in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. I don't know for sure after that, but I wouldn't be suprised to find myself in the Seychelles, Australia, Singapore, Hong Kong, or the horn of Africa. I get moved around a lot.

Kertaki (Guest)Mon 29-Sep-03 11:21 PM

#21546, "ya see any of the empire about?"
In response to Reply #0

sure that got on your nerves after getting it like 6 times in 10 minutes but hey I knew you loved the gate and fight ####, so I figured you always knew where they are. Had some fun, hope ya get back here soon as ya can, and get back to the "important" things in life. hehe

-quid

JdenskynTue 30-Sep-03 11:46 AM
12 posts
#21556, "RE: ya see any of the empire about?"
In response to Reply #10

Oddly enough, I think I got into three times as many fights when you were around then when you were gone. I think something about seeing both of us at once made everyone get spontaneously hostile. It was fun, and I wish we had done more time together.

Jaedren (Guest)Mon 29-Sep-03 07:44 PM

#21541, "I'll just echo what everyone else has said..."
In response to Reply #0

You were a pretty damn awesome healer. I know several times you came to my rescue, be it fighting a dragon or fighting a badguy. Never bitched or moaned, always hooah on the rescue and your light hearted chatting. Good stuff man, I enjoyed everything about you, and I hope you come back to us when you're done with your excursion into the unknown.

Jae

JdenskynTue 30-Sep-03 11:59 AM
12 posts
#21558, "RE: I'll just echo what everyone else has said..."
In response to Reply #9

The only thing that pissed off Jdenskyn, besides Valsurias, was when people would get in trouble and *not* ask for help. You did that a few times early on, so I made it a point to try and gate to you periodically, regardless of what you were doing. If you wouldn't have had good save vs spell (I hate failing gating to people who trust me *SO* much!), I probably would have annoyed you by popping in every ten minutes or so.

And I don't know how you did it, but having a guy everyone calls "Big Strong" counts for oodles of style points. I secretly envyed your nickname :)

I think you were a hero maran before I was even empowered, I'll be half surpised if you're still not hanging around when I get back. Was fun playing with you, and I look forward to doing it again.

two dudes (Guest)Mon 29-Sep-03 03:10 PM

#21539, "Warning!!! Extremely floofy RP goodbye within"
In response to Reply #0

Jhanderin and Gondorff stand beside an open grave staring down at the shrouded corpse of their friend Jdenskyn.

Jhanderin turns to Gondorff

Jhanderin: Well I guess we should say some final words aye?

Gondorff: Nar! Back n' the ole mines all we did was git all greased up and burrow a good one for an ole lad n' crap.

Jhanderin: Mmmm right. Well I will start off by saying...

A cloaked figure creeps up from behind and pushes Gondorff and Jhanderin into the open grave!

Romand: Shut the hell up you stupid blathering idiots. You are already dead! #### you!! #### you all!

Fin

JdenskynTue 30-Sep-03 12:02 PM
12 posts
#21559, "RE: Warning!!! Extremely floofy RP goodbye within"
In response to Reply #8

If that was any floofier, Shokai would probably smite you. Thanks for playing, your characters had more combined impact on Jdenskyn than any other player (that I'm aware of, atleast). I still remember almost falling out of my chair when I saw you were Jhanderin and Gondorff. Then I was a little pissed you deleted both prematurely, but thats just my selfish desire for wanting to hang around them more.

Thanks for everything.

Gwy (Guest)Mon 29-Sep-03 06:46 AM

#21532, "Shoot.."
In response to Reply #0

Damn man, a pity to see you go, it's always fun to have a healer about.. I remember the countless raids we did, the numerous times we went for eq, the talks.. shoot.. There's no other word for it .. Thanks for being there when you did.. I'll be around when you're back.. Good luck with the job, man..

Gwyythinniel

JdenskynMon 29-Sep-03 10:40 AM
12 posts
#21536, "RE: Shoot.."
In response to Reply #4

You were awesome to be around, Gwyyth. I think I spent more time grouped with you than any other hero, except for maybe Gondorff, and I loved every minute. You're one of those people that remembers this game is supposed to be fun, so lets get with the fun having. I think we showed there is little a nasty healer/bard combo can't do. The one thing that still amazes me, though, is how in raids *everyone* would always try and kill you first and I still never saw you die. Thats pretty phenominal. Good luck with the tat thing you were asking about that one time. Hope to run into you again. Maybe we'll finish Aran'gird then. Who knows?

Lariya (Guest)Mon 29-Sep-03 03:12 AM

#21530, "Seeya genius"
In response to Reply #0

Well this sucks. You were one of the few people left from Lariya's younger days. I remember ranking up and travelling with you and Rehmorez. Those were the good old days, you two were utterly hilarious with your banter. That incident with Corte was just classic, and the stuff you said made it even more funny. The best part was you going back and dying again in the same place saying, "I just wanted to experience all the Island had to offer" That was utterly hilarious. That aside, Erenthell was right, you knew what you were doing, and proves that having a smart healer can really turn the tides. You knew what you had to do, and you focused on keeping your allies alive. Good luck with work, hope you come back.

JdenskynMon 29-Sep-03 10:33 AM
12 posts
#21535, "RE: Seeya genius"
In response to Reply #3

Corte was debatably my favorite "incident" with Jdenskyn. I loved playing when you were around, because I always knew it would be smooth sailing. When I first met you I thought "A two handed elf paladin? Wtf?", but then I kept hearing you tally off all the people you were killing and now I'm starting to think .. maybe when I get back, an elf paladin wouldn't be so bad :) You've definately made a believer out of me, and all those people you killed along the way. Hope I run into you again in some way, shape, or form.

Erenthell (Guest)Mon 29-Sep-03 02:56 AM

#21529, "RE: [FORTRESS] [ACOLYTE] Jdenskyn the Protector of Fait..."
In response to Reply #0

Like Jhanderin, one of the Fortress healers I could count on in a fight, and count on to help when you were about. you seemed quiet in your low levels, but we had one a good exploration good, and a good fighting group on two occasions. As my time is less, and I am playing another fortress character when I do have time, I wished we could travel have travelled more. Good luck in your work thing.

JdenskynMon 29-Sep-03 10:26 AM
12 posts
#21534, "RE: [FORTRESS] [ACOLYTE] Jdenskyn the Protector of Fait..."
In response to Reply #2

I was quiet in my low levels because I couldn't remember how to play very well :) Parcan was asking me about having one last adventure before I went and I was a little upset, because I felt not finishing our exploration with Gwy was one of the few loose strings on the character.

But I loved those raids we had, and I've got a couple wicked logs now! Thanks for all the good times.

BajulaMon 29-Sep-03 02:44 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
929 posts
#21528, "RE: [FORTRESS] [ACOLYTE] Jdenskyn the Protector of Fait..."
In response to Reply #0

damn, i didn't know you so much with vanadulin, but did with another. you had some style to ya there. heh.
sad to hear you are gone, but good luck with the job thing, why is everyone moving to another country anyway???!?!?!?

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #21527 Previous topic | Next topic