Subject: "Nirumas the Spectre" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #17196
Show all folders

Nirumas (Guest)Mon 28-Apr-03 04:50 PM

#17196, "Nirumas the Spectre"

Well I can't say that it was all that much fun. I tried a different approach to the lich quest than most and I guess it didn't work. Instead of praying every single time I was on I tried to space it out some so as to not harass the imms. Maybe next time I should.

Nirumas was created to ultimately lich and become a vindicator. Unfortunately quite a few things got in the way of that. First off was becoming provincial. I was asked about it very early on and got a recommendation sent to farnsy and noldruk. Well about 2 months passed before I received it, and then only because I threatened to leave the tribunal. Someone could say I stopped showing, and they would be right to an extent but this really was only for about 2 weeks during midterms and spring break.

I got a mild lecture from noldruk about that which was fine. I think this is where my chances for the lich quest were hurt. I had just started my attempt before those 2 weeks. Anyway, I came back and bria talked to me for a bit and asked if I was going to attempt the becoming and of course I said yes. This kind of sparked a renewed interest in the character and thus I began to pursue the quest with greater urgency. Bear in mind this was at about 200 hours so there was plenty of time to watch me.

Needless to say I started to get discouraged after about 2-3 weeks of no responses. Eventually I screwed up and got myself kicked out of tribunal. On a side note, I think the tribunal walkway should be off limits to a certain degree. But that arguement is for another time. Being free of the tribunal was nice for awhile and I was able to dedicate myself solely to the lich quest. I talked to everyone about it, and you can't imagine the number of people who offered to help me with it.

I guess in the end I did something, or more likely, not enough to earn the lich quest. This is getting long, so on to the goodbyes.

Tribunal:

Farnsworth - I was your designated interviewer bitch... not sure how I got the job but it was cool. You sent everyone to me who couldn't answer "the question."

Jes - You were cool, too bad you were a goodie.

Jamain - Struck me as somewhat of a newbie at first, but you are doing well now.

Futaleufu - We talked a lot and you did your job well.

So many others I can't begin to remember all the names. Sorry if I missed you.

Sylvan:

Griimbling - Thorn in my side. You got me once with that cloud giant. Don't even know how many times I killed you, at least three. You were also the only person pwk worked on.

Iell - Fun fights, nailed me once with that voker when I was feeling ballsy and my groupmates worded and I stayed to fight.

Cardiel - You should have just stayed away from me. Fun fights tho.

Battle:

Iomyndor - I always knew when you were around, especially when you were hiding in that place I couldn't see you. I had a good network of spies to feed me your location. As much smack as we talked back and forth I wasn't about to let you get an assassinate off on me.

Eodid - Only rager to kill me. Took balls too, which is mainly why I died. I didn't think you had a big enough pair to attack me like that. Lesson learned and it didn't happen again.

Maran:

Yaofhil - You were the bane of my existence. You were the only person to get me twice and accounted for 1/3 of all my deaths. Well played.

In total I think I died 6 times, maybe 5. I can account for 5 for sure and there was possibly a 6th when I was in the teens. Ratio was around 80-85% I think. Not too shabby only using wraithform all the way to spectre. It wasn't until some time being a spectre before I actually found a few wands that weren't maxxed out. Learned a lot playin a necro to spectre for the first time. You can be sure I'll try it again, just not right now.

Jafel

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

YaofhilMon 28-Apr-03 08:03 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
40 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#17201, "Thanks for the pk and rp both"
In response to Reply #0

I enjoyed fighting you those couple times in Galadon, but I think I recall a conversation we had in between that was really rewarding. Lots of fun, thanks and well played.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #17196 Previous topic | Next topic