Subject: "(RAGE DELETE) [SCION] Lammasu the Invoker of Suffering" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #142425
Show all folders

Death_AngelSun 16-Jan-22 01:50 PM
Member since 23rd Apr 2024
16802 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#142425, "(RAGE DELETE) [SCION] Lammasu the Invoker of Suffering"

Sun Jan 16 12:48:35 2022

At 10 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 34th of the Month of the Ancient Darkness
on the Theran calendar Lammasu perished, never to return.

Race:duergar
Class:anti-paladin
Level:38
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:SCION, the Scions of Eternal Night
Hours:77

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Lammasu (Anonymous)Wed 19-Jan-22 09:16 AM
Charter member
#142435, "Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #0

This was my first real effort at an AP. It's a neat, but hard, class to play. And I'm sure it's a whole new game at hero or with controls. But I tried to learn the ins and outs of it as much as possible. To the point of burning through probably 12 con from mobs and pk deaths.

I regret using this role for this char. It was probably by more well written and well rounded role. But it got me into Scion. Which was a mixed bag. Everyone wants to kill Scions. Everyone wants to raid Scion. Never having the cabal item is a real debbie downer, and retrieving from Fortress as a duergar (searing light vuln) is a major pain in the rear. I burned through so many preps, full ABS + Stone skin, so many times trying to retrieve. If healer or charity paladin was around, I wouldn't succeed.

And you have to be on your toes retrieving at Fort because Outlander, Battle, and joe's random neighbor would all show up to kill you. The number of times I fought off mixed groups was really disappointing. The worst was when Fort paladin sanc'd neutral battle applicant who killed me with an outlander I was trying to kill. Other major rp issues was Fort paladins summoning neutral mobs to fight me. Really just terrible roleplay. Of course, those paladins were then given virtues 2 days later which was just stupid.

I had no allies. A few folks were certainly helpful. Joihe followers, random neutral mages, the two cloud rangers who just wanted to bearcharge Fort and Battle. That was a nice wind in the sails to get a random weapon or aura or barrier rod. Certainly made my day.

Role wise, I was sphere courage on purpose. I wanted to be in every fight and roll the dice. I did not want to be ultra conservative. I wanted to learn the ins and outs. I got the outs down pat. I also did some dumb things from this mindset. Like one time I rushed a group of 3 but I forgot to wield my unholy primary. I killed one! But, no charge. So really it was a waste because I then died too. Silly me.

But I understand the build a lot better. And I understand that I never want to play it again because it brought out the worst in some people which then brought out the worst in me. Not fun!

Thanks Morius for throwing me a bone. I'm sure you aren't surprised seeing how pre-induction started with me being ganked 1v3 in an Outlander drive by and it didn't get much better afterward. But being lone Scion in the height of Fort circlejerk just isn't worth it.

I wish you all well.

BemusedWed 19-Jan-22 05:15 PM
Member since 15th Oct 2013
663 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#142438, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #1

>And you have to be on your toes retrieving at Fort because
>Outlander, Battle, and joe's random neighbor would all show up
>to kill you. The number of times I fought off mixed groups
>was really disappointing. The worst was when Fort paladin
>sanc'd neutral battle applicant who killed me with an
>outlander I was trying to kill. Other major rp issues was

Dude, you rocked up to the Spire to stop an Outlander from retrieving and got killed. So it's weird you bitch about other people rocking up at the Fort to stop you retrieving.

Yes Scion sucks but, if you had any sort of heartbeat on the current CF, you knew what you were up against before rolling. It's like talking the 'one handed' flaw and polearm spec then complaining about it.

GLWYN

Lammasu (Anonymous)Wed 19-Jan-22 09:22 PM
Charter member
#142439, "It was worse than imagined and anticipated."
In response to Reply #2

When you get utterly annihilated in a 1v3 you kind of want some revenge. Anywhere you can get it.

I'm not besmirching the Outlander in that scenario but the svirf village app who takes a sanctuary and keeps going instead of peeling away because of it. Maybe he was a newbie.

By the way I did appreciate your gamesmanship when you killed me. That was very nice of you. I mean that genuinely.

The shaman (Anonymous)Thu 20-Jan-22 08:22 AM
Charter member
#142440, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #1

yeah, I felt bad after that 1v3 happened in how fast it went down. Was like "ouchhhh". I would try to tangle with you and learning as well 1vs1 but you always had that annoying trait of showing up at Tribs to interfere. What was worse was them telling you while they knew you have been a criminal

Know the pain, and hope you have a better time with something else.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #142425 Previous topic | Next topic