Subject: "(CON LOSS) [None] Dollerveim Gheiste the Priest of Luck" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #140779
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 23-Feb-21 10:25 PM
Member since 24th Apr 2024
16806 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#140779, "(CON LOSS) [None] Dollerveim Gheiste the Priest of Luck"

Tue Feb 23 21:21:00 2021

At 1 o'clock PM, Day of Deception, 2nd of the Month of the Ancient Darkness
on the Theran calendar Dollerveim perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:shaman
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:None, None
Hours:305

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Character s sheet, Tesline, 01-May-21 03:24 PM, #16
Reply Hi! Weeeellll I guess bye?, Tesline, 24-Feb-21 02:47 AM, #3
Reply RE: Hi! Weeeellll I guess bye?, Jhyrbian, 24-Feb-21 07:09 AM, #4
Reply RE: Hi! Weeeellll I guess bye?, Jhyrbian, 24-Feb-21 07:16 AM, #5
Reply In the land of the blind..., Lhydia, 24-Feb-21 09:00 AM, #8
Reply RE: Hi! Weeeellll I guess bye?, Tristhana (Anonymous), 24-Feb-21 08:59 AM, #7
Reply RE: Hi! Weeeellll I guess bye?, Nalasul, 24-Feb-21 08:57 AM, #6
Reply Liked Dolly, Itz (Anonymous), 24-Feb-21 09:14 AM, #9
Reply Rest well candied one, Alendross (Anonymous), 24-Feb-21 11:52 AM, #10
Reply Didn't I tell you to be careful?, Umbrand (Anonymous), 24-Feb-21 12:50 PM, #11
Reply RE: Hi! Weeeellll I guess bye?, Azorinne, 24-Feb-21 07:59 PM, #12
Reply RE: Hi! Weeeellll I guess bye?, ordasen, 25-Feb-21 07:28 AM, #13
Reply RE: Hi! Weeeellll I guess bye?, Maeneekoni (Anonymous), 28-Feb-21 01:55 PM, #14
Reply RE: Hi! Weeeellll I guess bye?, Welverin, 28-Feb-21 07:27 PM, #15
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Dollerveim Gheiste the Priest of ..., Socrag (Anonymous), 24-Feb-21 12:05 AM, #2
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Dollerveim Gheiste the Priest of ..., Tristhana (Anonymous), 23-Feb-21 11:08 PM, #1

TeslineSat 01-May-21 03:24 PM
Member since 25th Jun 2010
582 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#141217, "Character s sheet"
In response to Reply #0

Dollerveim Gheiste

Race: Human

Class: Shaman

Ethos/Align: Good (any ethos)

Cabal: Any or none

Sphere: Courage

Religion: Whiysdan

Role Guidelines: There once was a small orphanage run out of a private
home in Seantryn Modan called Ardenwood Manor. It was an old place
with expensive things that you were not allowed to touch and cots for
maybe fifteen children. You spent much of your childhood there growing
up, but your memories of the place are scattered and hazy.

There was an event outside of the orphanage where multicolored motes
of light snowed down from the sky and faded just before touching the
ground. Some of those lights touched you. The orphanage is gone, now,
having burned down in a fire that claimed the lives of four children.
You survived the fire but hardly remember it.

Your childhood dreams and reality seem to mix and mingle, and you find
yourself having difficulty at times distinguishing the two.

You arrived at the orphanage as a young boy after other children who
lived there found you wandering the streets. When you arrived, a
kindly man greeted you who you came to know as Humbrand. Humbrand ran
the orphanage and you came to see him as your father. At first he
resisted, but soon, he came to clearly favor you over the other
children. He said that you had a better heart than the lot of the
rest. Many of the other children picked on you; you never knew whether
it’s because they were jealous, or whether Humbrand showed you extra
affection because you were bullied.

You always stood up for yourself, though. You’d take punches, but it
would never dampen your spirits - and a lot of that had to do with the
support you received from Umbrand.

You used to have dreams that someone was stalking you. You used to
wake up in the middle of the night and feel paralyzed after these
dreams. Just after waking, while still unable to move, you would see a
dark figure in the window, staring down at you, and you swear it was
draining life from you.

Soon, you were seeing the dark figure everywhere. It wouldn’t go away.

However, ever since you left the orphanage, you have not had dreams.

After the orphanage fire, Umbrand adopted you. You lived with him for
the last years of your childhood, but then left at his urging to
pursue the study of the divine. Umbrand always told you that you had a
natural talent for it.

DO NOT: Add any details about any of the other children at the orphanage.

Motivations: You want to convince yourself and others that you are
truly good. You are terrified that someone will discover that you’re a
fraud, even though you are honestly trying to be as good as possible.

Description Guidelines: You’re pretty innocent and naive, but you have
an inner strength. No special description instructions, but try to use
that.

Quirks: You still call Umbrand “Dad.” You aren’t particularly fond of
most of the other kids from the orphanage and you try your best to
forget your time there.

You have a terrible sweet tooth. You cannot stop yourself from eating candy.

You are incredibly protective of Umbrand.

You are free to think up a few more quirks and run with them.

I've got a single #### to give...and it's just for you.

TeslineWed 24-Feb-21 02:47 AM
Member since 25th Jun 2010
582 posts
#140782, "Hi! Weeeellll I guess bye?"
In response to Reply #0

I had a ton of fun playing dollerveim and I'm extremely happy to have been part of the character challenge. I was trying to hold out until the end but I just couldn't. Let me explain why in detail because this wasn't me flaking out because I was bored.

1. This character was a struggle from the start because Whiysdan isn't really active right now. Which I don't blame him for and I'm a huge fan of him and the religion. I think he is a great imm and adds a lot to the game. I just believe currently he should have himself as semi dormant.

This in and of itself isn't a huge deal. Whatever is happening in their life I wish them all the best and hope it is going well for them.

2 This was a bit of the bigger issue as I was given life's champ as a first path. This had no real affect on low to mid levels. Once you hit hero you end up severely lacking because Shamans are balanced with paths in mind. You can disagree but I've played old shamans and neoshamans. Shamans are not in fact power house classes unless they are played by a skilled played with decent paths.

Yes I realize I made an extremely weak two paths appear "strong" but that doesn't change that Life's champ is awful even at what it's supposed to be good at. It seems imms have low experience playing the class because they miss the fundamental aspect of pking with a shaman. If you are fighting defensively you already have lost. Having two utility paths that really benefit a defensive playstyle while fighting gross odds ...is just made to make the player suffer. They added zero survivability in 90% of situations nor did they add any strong means of allowing a player to kill others.

The overwhelming odds I faced caused this issue to be a lot worse than it normally would have been/

I sat there over 300 hours counting 11 con (33 deaths) that would have never happened if I either venoms or divine anger Over life's champ. The other deaths were due to being beaten soundly or my own fault. I am low balling these numbers a bit.

I really don't want to hear if you lasted a little bit longer you'd of got something. I con died...there was no lasting longer. I got a con quest and completed it but I couldn't live long enough to get the con applied. Likely would have been a certain lame event kinda just...spiraled a set of dumb deaths.

This situation is why I avoid following imms with Life's champ as a possible path. It is just a nuke to your ability to pk and if you want to age die a character....and be part of pk...you just can't do it.

3. Village/Trib war also caused a lot of abnormal fighting that wouldn't have been an issue for a normal trib shaman. I've never had so many villagers gank my poor underpowered shaman. Had villagers ganking down my shaman with orcs and outlanders. It was insane what I saw people get away with and I've never been more disgusted with the cabal. Villagers have some of the strongest cabal powers in game with that comes RP restrictions. I'm not arguing. They just aren't enforced and it's a shame because the village is an awesome cabal with a wonderful history.

I was getting slapped in this war and I prayed asking for aid several times. Stating that I needed something to aid me fight off this endlessly bad odds...and I got revelations. Bleh. Just kinda wish I had gotten the hey...I know you are getting slapped like crazy and RPing well for a certain path...like if I had zero district RP....toward a path I'd get it.

The next thing that will be said is that I did well pk wise. That is psuedo true. A lot of the pks I pulled off were due to an intimate knowledge of the the class and was because I know exactly what a base shaman can nd can't do. This doesn't change the issue with the paths versus odds.

I even left the Spire so I wouldn't con die so I could finish the challenge but a player refused to let me do that. If I struck you first it wasn't you.

Normally none of this would bother me but I wanted to finish the character challenge but all of this together is what caused this character to fall short of that. I'm just disappointed because I feel like I failed to do what I said I was going to. It was just the odds from all sides being stacked against me (not maliciously).

The reason this bugs me is I could of easily lasted another 200-300 hours. Anyways it's too late for that.

The character challenge itself.

I cannot see anything beyond this timeline was off and everything should of happened a month sooner. Despite that a lot of people have stuck to it despite the few that gave up and a few that con died. As it stands all and all I think everyone has done a great job so far including Rahs.

Actual Goodbyes.

Goodbyes

Whiysdan: As I already said I love your religion and think you are a great imm. I'd follow you more often if you were more active but I knew going in that you weren't really too active. It might be best to put yourself as semi dormant but that is your choice. I would 100% follow your religion again because I generally just like to upbeat attitude that comes with it.

Umbrand: It was really weird having an in game dad and I'm sorry I burnt out so fast. Welll somewhat fast 300 hours isn't that fast but whatever. I thought you were extremely well RPed and I hope you continue to do great things.

Tristhana: One of my favorite people. Dollerveim always tried to accept you for who you were. Even if you were all kinds of evil. I feel like a lot of people never understood you. Either way you were great and I hope you continue to do great things.

Nastrella: You were awesome with how creepy, quiet, and scary you were as a fighter. You had a strong amoral but not an evil vibe that I generally loved.I know trib druid is super rough and I'm glad you are doing well with it.

Vrimold: I thought you RPed extremely well and that macho flaw is extremely nasty on someone who can't word. Even conservative players would of had issues. By the way you did eat the candy once I think. Once I chose to go for Vindy I did my best to pull back from fighting anyone who wasn't a criminal, orc, or undead/necro.

Gann: You were frustrating because in a lot of situations I'd have to calculate my chances of surviving a fight and every time you got involved It put me in severe danger of dying.

Veldren: I really like your RP even if doll hated it. I'm sorry about the ganks but you were a criminal. It was his job to kill you. I avoided killing you a few times when I could have because it didn't feel right to me. Not sorry for withering you.

Socrag: Hopefully you keep going and thanks for all the help. It's rare for an uncaballed character to make as strong of an impact as you did in my eyes. That is just a credit to you and I hope you keep going. Sorry for withering you.

Alendross: Well done so far and I hope you keep at it. You were one of the most social and better RPed outlanders.

Tylluan: We had a ton of great fights and as always I love a bad ass villager that actually is courageous.

Tissie: You did great and sorry you died so early. I wish were could of been more friendly. I avoided killing you several times knowing I could kill you. Might not of seemed like it to you but dollerveim tried his best not to kill you.

Lon: Sorry you died too thought you did great and added quite a bit of conflict as you made it so much harder to fight Tissie.

Primdella: I thought you were the best Provost in recent history. I disagree vehemently with some of the policies but that doesn't change that you were a stand out character and added a lot to the cabal.

Galathenial: I hate elven names as ?I get them wrong. I really enjoy the earnest amount of effort you put into RP. You helped make Dollerveim feel a lot better wqithin the Spire.

Kira: You were extremely competent and well RPed. Loved you over several characters and hope you keep at it. I don't think there would of been a better choice to replace Primdella as Provost. Sorry for withering you.

Zydeki: I have nothing I can say outside of your future death thread. It isn't bad or good...just wouldn't be a good thing for me to post here.

Kith: I know some don't like you but I did like the ever looming threat of you coming down to aid or to harm me.

Asaigai: I think you are doing great and keep at it. I understand it seems like you'll never progress but it's worth waiting.

Mae: Still creepy and speaking in riddles. We barely got to talk mostly because you would speak and then camo...and I'd never see you again.

Linrik: Thanks for the help and I wish wwe got to spend more time together. You seemed cool and I hope that I taught you as much as you taught me.

Gwen: Thanks for all the help near the end and I wish I could of stuck it out but this con death was unaviodable.

Ishuli: Thanks for letting me have a chance at Vindy. Goodie vindy is extremely hard and I think I did it well maybe. I wish I had gone the normal leadership route but that wasn't possible with the current climate of criminalness of CF.Just a bit sad I won't get put in the Vindicator hall because I left to extend my character's life fruitlessly.

Morius: Dollerveim hated you but I personally love Morius. One of the best thematic imms.

Azorinne: Thanks for all the chats and the candied apricots. I'll have to make a follow one day as the vow thing seems interesting. There seems like a lot of room for angles with your religion that many seem to be missing.

Rahsael: Sorry I con died adn thanks for the con quest (or whoever gave it to me) Today was just a bad series of events that made it so I couldn't get the con added for completing it. No matter what you had quite a few people stick around and considering the first challenge had nearly 60% of the characters give up..I think yours is doing great. (I mean Enmon's which was great in it's own way)

If there is anyone I left out I'll try to respond.

I've got a single #### to give...and it's just for you.

JhyrbianWed 24-Feb-21 07:09 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
917 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#140783, "RE: Hi! Weeeellll I guess bye?"
In response to Reply #3

Did you and Tristhana intentionally coordinate logins? I think you set a record for logging in while Tristhana was being attacked.

JhyrbianWed 24-Feb-21 07:16 AM
917 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#140784, "RE: Hi! Weeeellll I guess bye?"
In response to Reply #4

also, who said they thought your char was strong? lol

LhydiaWed 24-Feb-21 09:00 AM
2379 posts
#140787, "In the land of the blind..."
In response to Reply #5

..the one eyed man is king.

Tristhana (Anonymous)Wed 24-Feb-21 08:59 AM
Charter member
#140786, "RE: Hi! Weeeellll I guess bye?"
In response to Reply #4

Lol, no. You might be thinking of a certain Village combo - easy to mix pairs up though, I get it.

My character is active a lot and was getting attacked a lot. We never coordinated OOC though.

NalasulWed 24-Feb-21 08:57 AM
Member since 07th Nov 2019
215 posts
#140785, "RE: Hi! Weeeellll I guess bye?"
In response to Reply #3

I liked what I saw of Dollerveim. Which, admittedly, wasn't a ton, but you were constantly out there mixing it up.

Itz (Anonymous)Wed 24-Feb-21 09:14 AM
Charter member
#140788, "Liked Dolly"
In response to Reply #3

I expected you to be my nemesis, and I know why you've been given those paths. With Vindicator's bloody shackles, you should be my nemesis. But alas, it didn't work. Enjoyed our fights, some were close, and enjoyed our talks. Sorry if I made you feel bad (which I suspect due to the lack of me in your goodbyes).

GLWYN!

Alendross (Anonymous)Wed 24-Feb-21 11:52 AM
Charter member
#140790, "Rest well candied one"
In response to Reply #3

I really liked Dollerveim. He was a tough opponent that wasn't afraid to hunt even before he got the bloody shackles. You took a lemon and turned it into a lemon-berry slush. I really looked forward to future discussions about your father passing and Tristhana. Good fights and GLWYN.

Umbrand (Anonymous)Wed 24-Feb-21 12:50 PM
Charter member
#140791, "Didn't I tell you to be careful?"
In response to Reply #3

Kids these days never listen..

You're right, it's definitely weird having in-game family. The father-son relationship was a tough one to wrap my head around without treating you like a child.. I think we hit that balance though. I enjoyed every one of our interactions, even when you were clearly just going along with what I was saying to appease your old man.

I was hoping you'd be able to stick it out a little longer, but I knew you were hanging on by a thread for a while there. Sucks that you couldn't finish up the Con quest, but it is what it is.

In regards to the trolls elsewhere in this thread.. IC, there were probably 5-6 people that told me Dollerveim was tough when I expressed concern for him, so there was definitely a high level of respect from your enemies and allies. From what I saw, you gave as well as you got, so well done with a really, really tough build.

AzorinneWed 24-Feb-21 07:59 PM
Member since 27th Dec 2020
36 posts
#140794, "RE: Hi! Weeeellll I guess bye?"
In response to Reply #3

I very much enjoyed Dollerveim. He was always fun to watch and listen to, and from a character standpoint, Az was delighted he existed simply by virtue of there being another goofy kid around like her.

ordasenThu 25-Feb-21 07:28 AM
Member since 18th Feb 2004
216 posts
#140796, "RE: Hi! Weeeellll I guess bye?"
In response to Reply #3

I really enjoyed Dollerveim, as he was one of the few Tribs who would interact and speak with me. It was always my goal to get you to see how Tribs were not a good fit for you and tried to break their grip on you but ah well.

And yes, I could tell you would defend the first 30mins of my attempted retrieval and throw out a wither(or rot..dont remember) but never really pushed hard. It was sort of the same way with Tissie in how I tried to just drive away or just prevent people from coming in the in the first place.

Maeneekoni (Anonymous)Sun 28-Feb-21 01:55 PM
Charter member
#140840, "RE: Hi! Weeeellll I guess bye?"
In response to Reply #3

Oh child, we had so many lessons to experience together...

Dollerveim's internal conflicts really shined through the RP, and the little that we got to interact was very impressive. We did seem to start conversations and never end them, but that was Mae's fault, not Dollerveim's. GLWYN!

WelverinSun 28-Feb-21 07:27 PM
Member since 23rd Oct 2009
624 posts
#140841, "RE: Hi! Weeeellll I guess bye?"
In response to Reply #3

I'm curious, did that every time include all the times I was there healing you on eastern? Or the time I hit Tris, you tried to kill me, then I healed you while you fought the outlanders? Oh, wait maybe it was that time on eastern, you were fighting Villagers and I was there dropping my hole mana pool of heals on you... Or maybe it was that time I healed you outside the spire... Or that time in Silverwood....

I don't know guess I was the one who gets you killed.... But yeah...

Overall I liked Dollerveim. Guess I just got you killed to many times...

Socrag (Anonymous)Wed 24-Feb-21 12:05 AM
Charter member
#140781, "RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Dollerveim Gheiste the Priest of ..."
In response to Reply #0

I was really hoping to delay this, fitting the deck got you at the end. Loved traveling with you, great job.

Tristhana (Anonymous)Tue 23-Feb-21 11:08 PM
Charter member
#140780, "RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Dollerveim Gheiste the Priest of ..."
In response to Reply #0

Brother...

There is only so much one can say at this point. The thread of this ball of wool we were wrapped up in needs to fully unravel.

You were a bright light in a dark, dark world. You were unconditionally accepting and always fought for what you believed in, even as you walked the difficult path of a Good Vindicator. Above all else, you were always cheery. How could someone be moody around you? You were always there... except now... you aren't. My heart breaks for the life I had hoped we'd have. In sum - I will miss you more than I can ever put into words.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #140779 Previous topic | Next topic