Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Ariendil Ar'dan Alennarianthas the Pie..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #140457
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 14-Jan-21 05:05 PM
Member since 25th Apr 2024
16808 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#140457, "(DELETED) [None] Ariendil Ar'dan Alennarianthas the Piercing Ray of Faith"

Thu Jan 14 16:02:19 2021

At 5 o'clock PM, Day of the Sun, 6th of the Month of the Grand Struggle
on the Theran calendar Ariendil perished, never to return.

Race:elf
Class:paladin
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:None, None
Hours:382

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Ariendil Ar'dan Alennarianthas the..., Derrideigh (Anonymous), 18-Jan-21 01:52 PM, #11
Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Ariendil Ar'dan Alennarianthas the..., Ariendil (Anonymous), 20-Jan-21 03:54 AM, #13
Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Ariendil Ar'dan Alennarianthas the..., Cedany/Dedany (Anonymous), 17-Jan-21 01:18 PM, #8
Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Ariendil Ar'dan Alennarianthas the..., Ariendil (Anonymous), 17-Jan-21 02:37 PM, #9
Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Ariendil Ar'dan Alennarianthas the..., Lathlaeril, 14-Jan-21 06:38 PM, #1
     Reply Liked you a lot, Umbrand (Anonymous), 14-Jan-21 07:49 PM, #2
     Reply RE: Liked you a lot, Ariendil (Anonymous), 17-Jan-21 11:11 AM, #5
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Ariendil Ar'dan Alennarianthas the..., Maeneekoni (Anonymous), 15-Jan-21 07:36 PM, #3
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Ariendil Ar'dan Alennarianthas the..., Lathlaeril, 17-Jan-21 11:13 AM, #6
     Reply An Elf Long Ago, Prim (Anonymous), 15-Jan-21 11:44 PM, #4
     Reply RE: An Elf Long Ago, Ariendil (Anonymous), 17-Jan-21 11:17 AM, #7
     Reply You were good., Einoh, 17-Jan-21 05:23 PM, #10
          Reply RE: You were good., Ariendil (Anonymous), 20-Jan-21 03:43 AM, #12

Derrideigh (Anonymous)Mon 18-Jan-21 01:52 PM
Charter member
#140519, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Ariendil Ar'dan Alennarianthas the..."
In response to Reply #0

Ariendil!!! Your character meant so much to the growth of mine and I absolutely enjoyed every single interaction we had. I loved the tasks that you came up with and put me on, I loved what you brought to the Fortress and just all in all, really thought you added so much to the game when you were present. Really had hoped to have had more time with you but I understand that's just how it goes sometimes. GLWYN!

Ariendil (Anonymous)Wed 20-Jan-21 03:54 AM
Charter member
#140528, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Ariendil Ar'dan Alennarianthas the..."
In response to Reply #11

Derrideigh stood out from her cohort. I expected to see you become Acolyte much sooner and had recommended you for it several times. I guess the times just didn't align favorably. Keep it up, you've got a great character going.

Cedany/Dedany (Anonymous)Sun 17-Jan-21 01:18 PM
Charter member
#140508, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Ariendil Ar'dan Alennarianthas the..."
In response to Reply #0

Ariendil meant so much to Cedany, as I have said a million times before. I was sad to see Ariendil give up Elder Prophet and even more sad to see you delete shortly after. Still, it is strange when you look at the 'who' list and you're like... 'Who are these people?'. It happened many times in Ced's life and I'm sure it did with Ari.

An absolutely wonderful character all around. I wish I would have gotten to see an end to Ariendil's search, but alas.

Ariendil (Anonymous)Sun 17-Jan-21 02:37 PM
Charter member
#140510, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Ariendil Ar'dan Alennarianthas the..."
In response to Reply #8

Cedany was such a well done character. We had some great times together! Thanks for that, and shame you never found out what his hobby was.

As for his search, in my mind, Einoh takes him into the darkness where he finds her. You know, faith and goodness and all that.

LathlaerilThu 14-Jan-21 06:38 PM
Member since 18th Dec 2015
83 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#140458, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Ariendil Ar'dan Alennarianthas the..."
In response to Reply #0

Einoh's blessings,

Ariendil was my first paladin and my first attempt at religious character. I had inordinate amount of fun! I really loved playing him and I had so many other ideas of what to do next. But, he had to go, and here we are.

Einoh, thanks for everything. The religion can be simple or deep, depending which way you want to take it. I was very lucky to have quite a few other followers of yours around so I had plenty of opportunity to flesh out Ariendil's idea of goodness. Thank you for the tattoo as in a sense it completed the character and thank you for the third virtue, it took me by surprise! I intentionally didn't write role updates, I wanted to see how the character would develop with just the core of him explained. I hope it wasn't seen in a bad light, I really had fun with it.

I interacted with a lot of people. I don't think I had more than one bad exchange, and even that one doesn't merit hashing out as it was very early on in Ariendil's life. The game is in a good place I think, thank you for all the fun players and Imms alike.

I have done the long goodbyes before, so maybe we'll try for brevity this time. Write and I will respond.

May Einoh's light guide you all.

Umbrand (Anonymous)Thu 14-Jan-21 07:49 PM
Charter member
#140460, "Liked you a lot"
In response to Reply #1

Wish you didn't jump ship the Fort as soon as I got there, but I really liked what I saw of you. I wasn't kidding when I said I hoped you'd make it back to the Fort. But I guess that wasn't to be.

Now that you're gone, I'd like to know what your thought process was on quitting Fort. I figured there had to be more to it than the Fort vs Spire thing. And with you and Garful both gone, maybe you can shed some light?

Either way, look forward to seeing what you do next time around.

Ariendil (Anonymous)Sun 17-Jan-21 11:11 AM
Charter member
#140505, "RE: Liked you a lot"
In response to Reply #2

Quitting Fort just aligned with a lot of other things that were going on at the time and a lot of it is not just limited to Ariendil and Garful. But I can say this, I really was sad to see Illiomyndil go, the Fort could use a more hardcore and more active Brigade. As it stands now I feel like the Acolyte/Brigade interaction is not well balanced and the change should start with the Birgade finding the difference between their dogma and the Acolyte's. Illiomyndil had a great vibe about it, but just as I started to push him into the conflict he went and deleted on me, and I really didn't get another take of the same issue with Garful. But that was one of the things I wanted to see raised and resolved with Ariendil. Missed opportunites and all that.

Umbrand seems like a great character, keep going man, the Order is in your hands now. I hope you have fun with it.

Maeneekoni (Anonymous)Fri 15-Jan-21 07:36 PM
Charter member
#140480, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Ariendil Ar'dan Alennarianthas the..."
In response to Reply #1

However limited, Mae did enjoy the interactions immensely. Same side of the coin but not so much , silly paladins! Was hoping to catch you one more time after our last interaction but alas it was not fated. GLWYN!

LathlaerilSun 17-Jan-21 11:13 AM
Member since 18th Dec 2015
83 posts
#140506, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Ariendil Ar'dan Alennarianthas the..."
In response to Reply #3

How crazy is it that we ended up with conflict both with Admund and with Ariendil? I love the way Maeneekoni has been developing! I am an uber fan. I just wished I still had acute vision, rangers are tough to interact with when you don't have it.

Prim (Anonymous)Fri 15-Jan-21 11:44 PM
Charter member
#140489, "An Elf Long Ago"
In response to Reply #1

There was once a young Conjurer fresh into the PK range when she happened upon a strange Elf. This Elf didn't really like Conjurer's much, but still he took the time to help her rank a bit. In that same time, the two of them got to know one another and a long friendship was born. She really liked getting to know that Elf and taking the time to hear his backstory. How he was once a Conjurer himself, but that path turned ugly.

It's a shame the two ended up so far apart, but that Conjurer always thought highly of that Elf. Even when in the midst of a disagreement.

- Primdella Stormwind

Ariendil (Anonymous)Sun 17-Jan-21 11:17 AM
Charter member
#140507, "RE: An Elf Long Ago"
In response to Reply #4

Ariendil really liked you. He didn't trust himself with conjuration, but he was curious to see if you would manage to safely practice the art. The phrasing of your letter hurt his feelings, but pain was always good for his path toward goodness, or so he told himself Primdella is a great character, good luck with her.

EinohSun 17-Jan-21 05:20 PM
Member since 06th Aug 2019
6 posts
#140512, "You were good."
In response to Reply #1
Edited on Sun 17-Jan-21 05:23 PM

I think you know exactly what I mean by my subject line. Ariendil was a very interesting follower, one who really represented absolute faith in goodness and in his god and the gods. Where others saw confusion, you saw a direct path to goodness, and where there was error you always tried to correct it.

Seeing you and Cedany discuss was always good for me, and I enjoyed the time I got to spend with Ariendil. You were good for the Fortress, others, and me. If I had to pick one were to describe Ariendil, it would be righteous, and it is meant in the best way. You were a great fit with Einoh and the religion, and I hope you enjoyed as much as I did.

Ariendil (Anonymous)Wed 20-Jan-21 03:43 AM
Charter member
#140527, "RE: You were good."
In response to Reply #10

I definitely had a blast. Once again, thank you for everything, but especially for the title. I loved it and I think it suited Ariendil well.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #140457 Previous topic | Next topic