Subject: "(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Arjandrou the Grand Master of Art..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #139793
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 16-Sep-20 12:40 AM
Member since 29th Mar 2024
16750 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#139793, "(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Arjandrou the Grand Master of Artistry"

Wed Sep 16 05:37:57 2020

At 12 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 13th of the Month of Winter
on the Theran calendar Arjandrou perished, never to return.

Race:centaur
Class:bard
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:255

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Arjandrou the Grand Master of..., Maeneekoni (Anonymous), 17-Sep-20 10:57 PM, #7
Reply Goodbye friends!, Jento, 17-Sep-20 01:12 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Goodbye friends!, Nalasul, 17-Sep-20 01:29 PM, #2
     Reply RE: Goodbye friends!, Jento, 17-Sep-20 02:49 PM, #3
     Reply RE: Goodbye friends!, Galvinar (Anonymous), 17-Sep-20 03:42 PM, #4
     Reply RE: Goodbye friends!, Admund (Anonymous), 17-Sep-20 03:44 PM, #5
     Reply RE: Goodbye friends!, Ydane (Anonymous), 17-Sep-20 08:50 PM, #6

Maeneekoni (Anonymous)Thu 17-Sep-20 10:57 PM
Charter member
#139805, "RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Arjandrou the Grand Master of..."
In response to Reply #0

Maaaaaan....you truly were one of Mae's "friends", . but seriously, we did get into some pretty funny scenarios when we decided to go adventure. Mae had some plans for you, so lucky/unlucky you?

Come back soon.

JentoThu 17-Sep-20 01:12 PM
Member since 05th Aug 2007
98 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#139796, "Goodbye friends!"
In response to Reply #0

Hello friends!

I rolled Arjandrou as a COVID work from home comeback char, I haven't played for ~8 years save for a ~100 hour guy name Stren (elf animist) in 2018; I think all I did in 2018 was figure out AI. Centaur sounded cool and I hadn't ever done a "new" bard. Figured I could fiend to get some PK's (didn't really work). Also figured bard would be easy to rank and outlander easy to hide, when I had to do work. Centaur was also kind of cool in the sense of .. there's some interesting challenges to figure out. Not being able to climb screwed me a few times, and the 20 charisma is no bueno for a bard. No boats was interesting until I figured out a good water breathing source. I ate a couple lowbie deaths just walking around before I got inducted or figured out a good fly source. The room behind the kings chambers in Aldevari was the most memorable. Thanks everyone that helped me/tried to help me get out of death traps.. Especially that one I couldn't crawl out of.. :/

I was supposed to expire last month but figured out a way to get pan-seasonal champion.. noticed I only had 1300 role xp and prayed for that extra 100. And when I got it I was more dissapointed then happy. That's when I knew I wouldn't last long.

I lost a lot of the wind in my sail with the Ardmund/Theorendus war thing. It was like all we talked about for weeks and then it happened and Ardmund deleted soon after. I think I came in at the tail end with a huge knowledge gap about this character challenge what all it entailed and was mostly confused. Makes more sense now.

Maeneekoni - My only friend! Great job! I almost didn't delete because of you. I was thinking of keeping this guy around and logging in as limited as I was but it wasn't fun or fair. I know you're mostly alone and I think you mostly enjoy it but I'm sure sometimes you don't. So many fun little adventures, hopefully all my deaths with us added to your Loss tally

Edelrock - Thanks for spending the last little bit with me. I don't know how I caught corona virus in game but that was weird! I had logged in just to delete but when I saw you on, 2 orcs, and they had the fetish. I thought, ok I'll die THEN delete. But somehow we survived and got the fetish back. Last little hoorah of fun.

Ydane - Thanks for everything. You were super helpful, and interactions with you is when I started calling nightreavers friends too. Would've liked to see you get nightreaver at some point since your play times aligned a bit more with mine than Quanhest.

Huuomd - Thanks for showing me the things you did.

Maeri - Not sure how we kept getting along? We ranked together early on, Arj just saw all life as precious and was trying to convert you? I think I got close one time when telling you the nightreaver branch fit you but you have a different agenda, and threw seaweed at me.

Ajanfindel - You had a big impact on Arj. Thanks for running with me.

Galvinar - You were always down to rumble. Great job. Can't believe you were on the phone the whole time! Tough cookie to kill.

Nalasul and Jormyr - Thanks for giving me a bit of interaction. I tried reaching out for Padwei but seems like my playtimes didn't coincide with hers at all. Didn't help keep my char alive. Was thinking of trying to work in a religion conversion to one of you but didn't have the dedication.

Ergush - I think our playtimes also didn't coincide much? You apologized to me early on for the late induct and how you were scarce but then only saw you on limited. Never went to your shrine though so not sure.

I'm sure I missed people and sorry about that, but thanks everyone for making Arj's life enjoyable.

Some old chars: Jartieghe, Sletren, Jastrumnlar, Caranry, Mondradrar, Merious, Jento, Livling,

Goodbye friends!

NalasulThu 17-Sep-20 01:29 PM
Member since 07th Nov 2019
215 posts
#139797, "RE: Goodbye friends!"
In response to Reply #1

That was a fun little interaction. I'm not sure if you noticed, but I discovered only after agreeing to get you out of there that I could not, in fact, get you out of there the way I had originally planned. So there was some on-the-fly improvisation there. My goal was to get you to agree to something somewhat "edgy" for your role, but that wouldn't actually result in punishment. Since you were a bard I came up with the global poem idea. Glad you found it enjoyable.

JentoThu 17-Sep-20 02:49 PM
Member since 05th Aug 2007
98 posts
#139798, "RE: Goodbye friends!"
In response to Reply #2

The Ballad of the Ride That Would Never Be

Smell the foul gas, ignited with a flash.
Down into a hole, without any hope,
buried to my withers, and with poison shivers.
Pray to the Gods, for a chance to survive.

She came,
You rang! I'm Mercy and Light! Do you want a good smite?
A quick death, a ride, or a another chance at life?
Hesitant I was, but I still feel replete?
Choices so vague, and with a hint of defeat.
A ballad and a ride, however, I could not subside.
No saddle, She said, and the temptations declined.

Again I prayed, Any else take Her place,
Alone in a shaft, with a gnome, a gas, and a Nalasul.
You may take a guess, you may pretend,
But only one finger She wanted, and I had eleven;
Out of the sack, came a finger of someone else lack,
To Her surprise, this passant, would get what he'd want.
Still She wanted a ball'ad, of a Goddess so gallant,
of a Mercy savvant.

It was so out of place, on such a pretty face,
the grin still haunts, even when lost in the swamps.
But as a tree, alive and as harpy feed,
I could not face to be.
The choice wasn't strife, a pen for a life.

Tales of the Goddess, abound and unfound,
I'm here to tell you first hand, She's
far from ordinary and farther from bland.
A snap of the finger, was all it would take,
to send me below, and out of the shake.
The is all I know, of the Goddess profound.
So if you're wandering around, carry an extra finger,
and don't fall in the ground!

Galvinar (Anonymous)Thu 17-Sep-20 03:42 PM
Charter member
#139799, "RE: Goodbye friends!"
In response to Reply #1

There were only two Outlanders (3 after Ydane got Phoenix) who when I saw logon I felt like I was in trouble and you were one of them.

As Althar (Centaur Ranger) I kept wondering when you would die so I could get the belt. Looks like I would have been waiting a while.

On the topic of centaurs, there are some mobs (druid centaurs) in that Centaur village east of Arkham who should probably have the at home in the wilds tag.

Admund (Anonymous)Thu 17-Sep-20 03:44 PM
Charter member
#139800, "RE: Goodbye friends!"
In response to Reply #1

I liked Arjandrou a lot, great job!

I am sorry if the Outlander-Fortress war was a bit anticlimactic. I had hoped it would last longer and would help put people in tough RP spots. For what it is worth, I still think that Fortress should have stuck to their guns and supported Theorendus' quest line. After all, my whole idea was to involve more people into Theorendus' quest and not stop it in its tracks. But with him out of the Fortress, Admund was pretty much done by then.

I liked the contentious relationship we had. It basically was due to Admund being sphere Honesty and he would get pissy at anyone second guessing his intentions, which was hard for people not to do given his backstory. That is how the "enmity" with Theorendus also started, he maligned Admund for talking with Morius, implying that he was about to bargain again and "sell out".

At any rate, great job and I hope to see you in the fields.

Ydane (Anonymous)Thu 17-Sep-20 08:50 PM
Charter member
#139804, "RE: Goodbye friends!"
In response to Reply #1

Glad I could be of help, even though in doing so I got myself banned from {explore area}. Humorously, crediting me for your decision to start calling Nightreavers "friends" is actually kind of an indictment of my role-play. Probably a fair one too. As a Jormyr follower I had a mandate to sow strife in the cabal, but clearly did a pretty poor job of it. I could never find ways to create conflict short of just attacking people out of the blue. Kept waiting for someone to be snotty to me so I could lash out with violence, but it never happened.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #139793 Previous topic | Next topic