Subject: "(AUTO) [TRIBUNAL] Faymiina Malroux the Planewalker, Mag..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #139697
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 26-Aug-20 12:35 AM
Member since 22nd Apr 2024
16801 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#139697, "(AUTO) [TRIBUNAL] Faymiina Malroux the Planewalker, Magistrate of Hamsah Mu'tazz"

Wed Aug 26 05:32:09 2020

At 9 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 13th of the Month of the Shadows
on the Theran calendar Faymiina perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:conjurer
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:TRIBUNAL, the Blood Tribunal
Hours:205

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Yeah., IrishMidnight, 19-Sep-20 01:22 PM, #1
     Reply Sorry you had that experience., Ishuli, 19-Sep-20 01:52 PM, #2
     Reply RE: Sorry you had that experience., IrishMidnight, 19-Sep-20 05:25 PM, #3
          Reply RE: Sorry you had that experience., Ishuli, 19-Sep-20 10:29 PM, #4
     Reply RE: Yeah., Lathlaeril, 20-Sep-20 12:59 PM, #5
     Reply RE: Yeah., Mortavala (Anonymous), 27-Sep-20 05:25 AM, #6

IrishMidnightSat 19-Sep-20 01:22 PM
Member since 14th Jan 2017
66 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#139817, "Yeah."
In response to Reply #0

Evil conjurer wasn't so bad but they could use more options to pleasing a devil. Not just kill good mob of specific level+. Especially in the event of fighting people fleeing left and right, then having the devil turn (hp still well above 60%) and this stuck me as loiter scenarios. That fleeing and/or engagement alone ought to prevent the devil turning - could use a tweak or review if anyone could be moved to do so.

Ishuli, character or not, I'll not ever try to follow you again. I've often wondered if you enjoy the mud and improv as much as you do policing things. Finally speaking to you and coming up with an outline to write a paper I was genuinely excited about, to then get absolutely zero follow-up from you... Not sure what your expectations are, but if I'm trying to run a business, work a second job, and have a life still outside of the mud - I want an Imm that's gonna put some effort into the RP too.

That was enough to diminish my playing times, then having Pinnipi or whatever mostly grief I couldn't find any enjoyment and I really do not mind contestation, so it wasn't that. Just zero RP to be had and as much as I love pvp it's equal to trying to have RP entirely involved.

Thanks Provost for vouching for me and thank you to every magistrate that recognized I had been about a long while. Truly makes a difference and I was very appreciative.

In short, the above things of life make playing CF challenging. I've been on the immortal side of things so really trying to see both sides, but silence is the worst response in improv. So all of that and having my computer break down for several weeks until getting a replacement part, and then having a friend and theatre colleague die at the age of 33 really affected me. I was able to make an appearance shortly after, wrote a note to Lyion as well as immortal since I lost provincial -

Problem was I never could bring myself to log in after offering my explanation as much in character as I could. I never saw any responses to those in game notes.

Might return at some point but if I'm having more fun playing Eve Echoes... Well. Likely will just socialize via forums and discord.

IshuliSat 19-Sep-20 01:52 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2017
2146 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#139818, "Sorry you had that experience."
In response to Reply #1

I improv and enjoy the MUD vastly amount more than I spend time policing things. Policing isn't where I find my joy. But thanks for the evaluation! Faymiina was a good Tribunal, and I know you disliked the policy views applied on Conjies, but you stuck it out anyway, so cheers.

As far as we interacted, here's about what I've got...

You prayed once in December 2019.
You prayed once in January 2020.
You didn't pray for me again until May 13th, where we finally interacted. That's when we had that fun discussion about your interest in Stalkers and the like - which was a pretty neat angle to examine. Thumbs up on the idea.
You sent me your preface on that topic the next day, May 14th.
You then prayed for me on May 20th.
And then you prayed for me on June 7th.

So if you're wondering about 'effort', you're basically just missing the part where you and your immortal have to meet up. That's about it. I can't do much for you if we're not meeting, and you didn't particularly pray much. We had that one chat and nothing continuing thereafter, whereas I had many/multiple interactions with a lot of other characters during that same time period.

So if it helps, don't take it as any dislike towards you or Faymiina. Just that if you are looking to follow-through with your religion, go meet up with your immortal. With how you write it, it sounds like I should have been praying to you instead

Enjoy whatever you're doing, and good job with Faymiina. Remember, there's a lot of Not-Ishuli-Religions out there! So even if you hate me, go enjoy yourself someone else

-Ish

IrishMidnightSat 19-Sep-20 05:25 PM
Member since 14th Jan 2017
66 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#139819, "RE: Sorry you had that experience."
In response to Reply #2

Thanks for responding -
I understood a sense of it being meeting up but that's where I suppose we aren't compatible. I expected after making the effort to do that outline (cause I spent about an hour to two outside the game and that talk) posting that and praying after the matter the next step would be entirely you.

I never expected you to pray to me as you might hint at. At a certain point, I can't read in-between the lines. I chalk it up to you not having any interest in my proposal etc.

IshuliSat 19-Sep-20 10:29 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2017
2146 posts
#139820, "RE: Sorry you had that experience."
In response to Reply #3

For the future, if you happen to ever follow me by chance or otherwise...

If you've written something, come talk to me about it. For anyone reading this who needs this advice - if you have something to discuss with your immortal, **go discuss it with your immortal**. Pray like you would normally, get that attention on you, and interact with them.

For me, when you've written something, I read it and save it (I have Faymiina's stuff saved, including all of your Tribunal notes), take notes/questions to ask for when we next chat - and then I wait for our next meeting to discuss it with each other.

-Ish

LathlaerilSun 20-Sep-20 12:59 PM
Member since 18th Dec 2015
83 posts
#139823, "RE: Yeah."
In response to Reply #1

>Ishuli, character or not, I'll not ever try to follow you
>again. I've often wondered if you enjoy the mud and improv as
>much as you do policing things. Finally speaking to you and
>coming up with an outline to write a paper I was genuinely
>excited about, to then get absolutely zero follow-up from
>you... Not sure what your expectations are, but if I'm trying
>to run a business, work a second job, and have a life still
>outside of the mud - I want an Imm that's gonna put some
>effort into the RP too.

I hope this doesn't come out sounding assholish because that is not my intent, but:

Everything that you wrote there buddy, about jobs, second jobs, raising kids, having a life outside of the MUD.. it all applies to the Imms as well. None of us should feel entitled to interaction, and the best way to get any (in my experience) is to be loud about it in game and in character (even then times just not line up properly). And besides, what is more realistic, that some Imm just hates your character to the point they would intentionally ignore you, or perhaps they had a bad work week or their kid is maybe sick, or maybe they are knees deep in some very interesting book series they just can't put down?

I hope to see you in the fields buddy.

Mortavala (Anonymous)Sun 27-Sep-20 05:25 AM
Charter member
#139877, "RE: Yeah."
In response to Reply #1

Faymiina was a great character and solid Magistrate, enjoyed our interactions and look forward to playing more Magistrates with you in future! (albeit on a short break from Tribunal now, main-ed in another cabal as was getting too hard to character-differentiate)

About the Ishuli thing, shan't poke my nose where it doesn't belong except to say maybe there was some sort of IRL timing de-sync there. There's an imm who is truly dedicated (she handed out flyers to promote CF when she was younger for goodness sake haha), and I suspect it probably just gets insanely busy with all the prays and notes, cabal admin and Library submissions she gets to deal with.

Again well done, Magus Malroux, and GLWYN

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #139697 Previous topic | Next topic