Subject: "(AGE DEATH) [SCION] Lyrentia D'Nakht the Mother of Trag..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #138615
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 17-Mar-20 11:55 AM
Member since 25th Apr 2024
16808 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#138615, "(AGE DEATH) [SCION] Lyrentia D'Nakht the Mother of Tragedies"

Tue Mar 17 11:53:10 2020

At 10 o'clock AM, Day of the Great Gods, 19th of the Month of the Winter Wolf
on the Theran calendar Lyrentia perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:necromancer
Level:47
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:SCION, the Scions of Eternal Night
Hours:274

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Oh man what a ride!, Blkdrgn, 17-Mar-20 12:22 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Oh man what a ride!, Admund (Anonymous), 17-Mar-20 02:34 PM, #2
     Reply Oh man loved the RP with you, Blkdrgn, 17-Mar-20 04:45 PM, #3
     Reply Nicely done, Narra (Anonymous), 17-Mar-20 04:55 PM, #4
     Reply I had plans for after I mummied, Blkdrgn, 17-Mar-20 05:14 PM, #5
     Reply RE: Oh man what a ride!, Idmund (Anonymous), 18-Mar-20 07:30 AM, #6
     Reply Tyty, Blkdrgn, 18-Mar-20 03:44 PM, #7
     Reply Zombies, Aztezul, 18-Mar-20 06:39 PM, #8
     Reply I had the same frustrations with Cerybis, Blkdrgn, 19-Mar-20 01:57 PM, #9
          Reply Zombie lord, clnt2020, 19-Mar-20 03:01 PM, #10
               Reply RE: Zombie lord, incognito, 20-Mar-20 01:54 AM, #11
                    Reply PWK + final word; summon to the room; etc + random thou..., clnt2020, 20-Mar-20 02:23 AM, #12
     Reply Great interactions!, Cushixicci (Anonymous), 20-Mar-20 01:43 PM, #13
          Reply I didn't mind the traps!, Blkdrgn, 20-Mar-20 04:47 PM, #14

BlkdrgnTue 17-Mar-20 12:22 PM
Member since 19th Mar 2010
293 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#138617, "Oh man what a ride!"
In response to Reply #0

First off, TY Rahsael for letting me in the character challenge. It was unbelievably fun and I hope I did your creation the justice it surely deserved.

Lyrentia was a challenge Character though I imagine that became obvious after a little of time. The experience really helped me learn a lot on how to up my roleplay even before creating a character and developing it so I have a basis to start with. If you ever get a chance, and are willing to stick it out, I highly suggest playing the plot of the IMM's!

Really sucks that it ended, I had some great directions to go from if I survived and really makes me sad because I was invested with this character.

I enjoyed the many different angles of RP I encountered and hope I enriched your characters experiences though, even I can get frustrated and I hope it didn't bleed through to terribly much. Necromancer is a frustrating class to play. Sure you're a power house, but it takes so long to get to that point. If you succeed on every animation. it still takes about an hour or so to get a full army, and that whole hour can be destroyed in an instant with one word out of a bad situation, or dying, but in the same regard you can beat people up pretty easy.

I interacted with a lot of people, and instead of naming names, if you wish to drop me a line, I'll try to reply to you! I didn't have really any sour experiences save for one. Though I imagine another person had a poor perspective of me one a day that my frustration levels were high, and I apologies for that. Though I do hope to see you guys in the fields soon enough!

Admund (Anonymous)Tue 17-Mar-20 02:34 PM
Charter member
#138618, "RE: Oh man what a ride!"
In response to Reply #1

Such a shame. I was rooting for your becoming to go through. I am sorry for keeping that item from you for a while. As a player I wanted just to hand it over, but it just wasn't possible RP wise. I hope it didn't cause you frustration as a player, but IC I hope I made Lyrentia's choice to become a difficult one.

I loved the way you played Lyrentia. The RP was top notch, and I enjoyed our interactions immensely. I would say a lot more, but I'll keep all of that for my own death thread, and hopefully once all things had resolved.

Good luck with your next. Whatever it is, I am sure it will be a quality one.

BlkdrgnTue 17-Mar-20 04:45 PM
293 posts
#138619, "Oh man loved the RP with you"
In response to Reply #2

And it absolutely did make it difficult for Lyrentia to make the choice on undeath. Though I think if you would have given me the item, there was a very high chance I would have kept my humanity because then you would have shown me trust, but it played out quite differently.

Regardless, had a blast at what part of the story I had with you and Idmund, was fantastic all around.

Narra (Anonymous)Tue 17-Mar-20 04:55 PM
Charter member
#138620, "Nicely done"
In response to Reply #1

Had a fun run digging at you and plans. Sad your run ended. For some odd reason we never went to raid them all. GLWYN!

BlkdrgnTue 17-Mar-20 05:14 PM
293 posts
#138621, "I had plans for after I mummied"
In response to Reply #4

Sadly, I can't do that now, but basically I was going basically become a lot more aggressive in that regard.

Loved our little spat going on in CB, was good funny times our little bickering, though Lyrentia was so hoping to prove you wrong on the failure, and was considering showing you that once I became... but hey.. at least I'm your best little failure lol.

Idmund (Anonymous)Wed 18-Mar-20 07:30 AM
Charter member
#138623, "RE: Oh man what a ride!"
In response to Reply #1

I'm glad I got to see you off at least. Very well played, you gave off a really good feel in our interactions. I'm not going to go into too many specifics, but you are most certainly right in one thing - Rahsael has done a truly epic job with the storyline and the characters.

BlkdrgnWed 18-Mar-20 03:44 PM
293 posts
#138624, "Tyty"
In response to Reply #6

It was a blast filling out the story with you and Admund. It was definitely a blast, even when you mauled me to death, lol.

AztezulWed 18-Mar-20 06:39 PM
Member since 10th Jan 2020
57 posts
#138625, "Zombies"
In response to Reply #1

I'm glad you got some insight into Aztezul's daily struggles. A lot of the "conservative" accusations from Morok and friends had little to do with dying and more to do with not wasting the 2 hours of hard work to build an army.

After playing the class would you favor weaker undead for a less painstaking process? I know a few imms in the past have said they'd be open to a new animation option if it capped zombie levels. Which just makes sense, I don't know why we want level 30's running around with 50+ mobs anyway.

Anyway I didn't interact with you on this one as I'm not playing but I hope you had fun. I heard a lot of good things about you through the grapevine.

BlkdrgnThu 19-Mar-20 01:57 PM
293 posts
#138627, "I had the same frustrations with Cerybis"
In response to Reply #8

I know if I necro in the future, I'll be choosing a different set of edges for sure. The failure rate is crazy, going like 4 or 5 times failing first animation even with mastered spells was kinda crazy.

I remember one log in, it was like animate first one, failed the next five, and at roughly 10-15 minutes each animation attempt, while dodging people left and right is annoying. Then you end up 2 hours later with a full army, just to word once and get it taken away, or die to something stupid, while holding a poo for the last hour of it because you can't log out.

clnt2020Thu 19-Mar-20 03:01 PM
Member since 11th Dec 2019
224 posts
#138628, "Zombie lord"
In response to Reply #9

It solves the issue. Before quit, make a corpse or two. Login, animate. Failed? Animate second. It's not a big deal. Or play a necro with "no zombies" flaw once, and you'll be surprised how effective necro may be without zombies at all.

incognitoFri 20-Mar-20 01:54 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#138632, "RE: Zombie lord"
In response to Reply #10

Yes and no.

Firstly, even embalmed corpses weigh a fair bit.

Secondly, zombies are needed to kill certain classes and players. So while necro can I'll others he will be disadvantaged against anyone who needs zombies to be killed.

For example, my characters are typically going to survive sleep, but they don't survive loosing their weapon at the tail end of a non sleep fight. And it always happens to me at the tail end because I cover against stat loss well.

clnt2020Fri 20-Mar-20 02:23 AM
Member since 11th Dec 2019
224 posts
#138633, "PWK + final word; summon to the room; etc + random thou..."
In response to Reply #11

For characters that may survive the sleep spell. Summoning to the locked room, or behind centurions; and etc.

I'm not saying you must run without the zombies, but zombies are not always required, nor are mandatory to be fearful of you know the class well.

But I also agree the the fail rate is a bit too high and sometimes it made me to login less, when I had just 1-2 hours to play (because I'd have to log out as soon as I'd make a full army).

Probably I'd make a failure cooldown much less, or remove it at all, because killing a high level mob takes a while anyways. But guess this is a price for playing a powerhouse - play a long sessions or choose something else.

Cushixicci (Anonymous)Fri 20-Mar-20 01:43 PM
Charter member
#138647, "Great interactions!"
In response to Reply #1

Sorry I annoyed the crap outta you with all my traps. I felt like there was a lot more to RP between our characters, but we were kinda "yes, and"-ing in different directions. Great job and good luck with your next!

BlkdrgnFri 20-Mar-20 04:47 PM
293 posts
#138649, "I didn't mind the traps!"
In response to Reply #13

I'm probably one of the weird few that actually enjoys the things that most people hate. Like walking into traps, or eating a poisoned bit of food. If you aren't careful enough then bad things can happen to you if you don't pay attention.

You at least fought too, though the odds were against you, which makes me more enjoy hitting traps because then I at least have a chance to pay you back .

I feel like you were a bit new to traps as there are some really nasty traps that I didn't get hit with from you. Mostly like the impale, immolation like ones, but it does require a lot of exploring/finding them in the first place.

GLWYN!

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #138615 Previous topic | Next topic