Subject: "(RAGE DELETE) [EMPIRE] Zaol Zel'Chumavh the Legend of t..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #138146
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 20-Jan-20 08:08 PM
Member since 28th Mar 2024
16747 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#138146, "(RAGE DELETE) [EMPIRE] Zaol Zel'Chumavh the Legend of the Battlefield, Imperial War Master"

Mon Jan 20 09:11:20 2020

At 6 o'clock AM, Day of Thunder, 31st of the Month of the Shadows
on the Theran calendar Zaol perished, never to return.

Race:dark-elf
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:394

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Great job., Ysforgul (Anonymous), 22-Jan-20 08:48 AM, #16
Reply Sad panda, Itzenxilaatl (Anonymous), 20-Jan-20 10:06 PM, #9
Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [EMPIRE] Zaol Zel'Chumavh the Legend ..., Zaol (Anonymous), 20-Jan-20 05:10 PM, #1
     Reply Wow you are full of ####. , Lhydia, 20-Jan-20 05:27 PM, #2
     Reply RE: Wow you are full of ####. , Zaol (Anonymous), 20-Jan-20 06:25 PM, #3
     Reply Actually that was someone trolling me., Lhydia, 20-Jan-20 07:08 PM, #4
          Reply Ultra conservative, prep heavy, ganky gear locker., Active enemy (Anonymous), 20-Jan-20 07:25 PM, #5
          Reply RE: Ultra conservative, prep heavy, ganky gear locker., Zaol (Anonymous), 20-Jan-20 07:44 PM, #6
          Reply The only right thing to do here is just to ignore them., Terpilans (Anonymous), 20-Jan-20 10:44 PM, #11
          Reply Hang in there buddy, Bemused, 20-Jan-20 08:36 PM, #8
          Reply RE: Actually that was someone trolling me., Zaol (Anonymous), 20-Jan-20 08:10 PM, #7
               Reply Tested some theories., Lhydia, 20-Jan-20 11:59 PM, #13
     Reply You need to stop that., Active (Anonymous), 20-Jan-20 10:11 PM, #10
     Reply . . . , Lhydia, 20-Jan-20 11:58 PM, #12
     Reply Just ignore this fool. n/t, Relio, 21-Jan-20 10:24 PM, #14
     Reply Good work., Relio, 21-Jan-20 10:27 PM, #15

Ysforgul (Anonymous)Wed 22-Jan-20 08:48 AM
Charter member
#138183, "Great job."
In response to Reply #0

We had some good times. Excellent ally, very dangerous. You will be missed.

Sorry about the last death.

Itzenxilaatl (Anonymous)Mon 20-Jan-20 09:18 PM
Charter member
#138163, "Sad panda"
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Mon 20-Jan-20 10:06 PM

I'm sorry that my appointment ruined your plans. I really liked you, and I've seen how you were fighting others alone, 1 vs 2 or 3. You was a good WM, you know a lot of the game. To me, playing a warrior is a real nightmare because of all this prepping, but you do it just great and obviously likes it.

I'm really sad that you have deleted. I can't say more while my character is active, but I wish you good luck with your next!

And thanks for your special mention of me in your farewell post. 😁 It didn't make me like you less!

Zaol (Anonymous)Mon 20-Jan-20 05:10 PM
Charter member
#138154, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [EMPIRE] Zaol Zel'Chumavh the Legend ..."
In response to Reply #0

So the Dex-dagger STSF experiment comes to a conclusion, 800 hours over Viya and Zaol is enough!

I basically was looking for a reason to delete the moment I did not get Emperor, which is probably easy to imagine. I want to avoid saying too much about active chars so the small amount I will say is widely known anyway. I had the other three of the council give strong commitment to voting for me, after all I was 300 hours and had good support from most of the cabal and two of the other three were new chars that just levelled up. I spent the vote-week thinking I would get to play the Emperor role, came up with a set of rules or practices. I was planning on being the Emperor with an always full council and always liked, never hated. I was going to keep the council in line with endless supply of orb of travels (zaol was lucky) and gold handouts (zaol was rich).

I enjoy player driven content so I am not going to call foul that I lost the vote. That’s part of the game, people can choose how they want to vote. But it left me with big disappointment OOC. IC I was a sphere truth with roleplay around legitimacy of position. This meant it would be difficult for Zaol to conspire against his emperor, not to mention lie to him. Zaol was not subtle about his lack of accepting the new Emperor so I am sure anathema would have eventually found him anyway. Also being in Australia I can only get on prime time on weekends. Though if I got Emperor I would have tried to make sure I got as many weekend hours as possible. I had 5 days left of my holiday when voted ended so I was expecting to pull some long shifts for those days

I enjoyed some interesting dynamics on this char. War was imminent with the Spire due to the power crazed mummy. Oniflond and I managed to keep the peace (yeah I know some of you wanted to see the war). Oniflond was poor, I was able to keep the peace with mere 500 gold. So I thought that was cool.
During the Empire Lull, when Fortress had masses I managed to get an unofficial alliance with battle, we had no blacks so it’s really up to Empire to attack battle. That was an interesting time when I had to keep sneaking away to use magic. Imperial law states that the head belongs at the throne, but I am sure the codex being there trumps that, so sometimes you have to do these things. I like playing characters where your enemies are not well defined. I sure loved when it flipped and war with village was back on though

Awhile back things started to get a bit old after a while and my playing time dropped off a bit and I lost WM. This made it drop a bit more so I just waited for Okeoj to finish and so I could get it back again. While Okoej is fairly new, I really liked him and did not want to try over throw him.
Okoej, sorry I kind of abandoned you a bit there, I kind of got a bit interested in some non-cf stuff at the time. I hope you enjoyed your stint at WM.
Sylvari, I liked you, though IC Zaol was wary of other drow. You give it a shot and are not one of these never die, no risk, eq hoarding divines. .
Talevar/Jehir, you guys are so similar, highly skilled, highly reliable and great fun to pk with.
Terpilans, probably one of the most skilled guy I grouped with in a long time. I love how when you had a better strategy than I was using, you found a way to respectfully suggest it, following the chain of command, even though you had the best idea. You deleted way too early though. You also got unlucky with the vote as I did, once I got Emperor you were going to be WM 1 minute later. The rest of the Cabal was going to find out at that point that the new WM was in command of all the Emperor’s assaults against our enemies, which would have perfectly suited your style of play. Terpilans with tactics and Zaol with PG and Sigil we would have been such a brutal duo.
Ysforgul, you’re the empire I liked the most out of the entire chars life. What can I say, your tough, knowledgeable, competent and very selfless player, helping out others all the time. If the whole player base were people like you, this game would be great. If I ever meet you in the future as an enemy, it would be really really hard to loot you.

Enemies, I am not going to name drop. It’s always a mixed bag. For those that avoided fights, shame on you, you should always give it a go. Like I said my character is not especially lethal, show up to defend! One time I logged in and 1 strong fortress was on carrying the codex in his hands. Just me and him on. He dropped the codex at the maran and then quit out before I could get there. I mean really? You know who you are.

Gaspere, I am not sure I can make sense of your 230 hour comment. Zaol was aggressive, the whole build was based around giving me the power to take on any character, and often more than 1. If I sat in cabal/guild was because I had no pks or I could not find them. I suspect that comment is mostly around our times not lining up and assumptions about eq + lack of pk losses.

The class combo:

I think it’s accurate to say the elf/drow dagger warrior is quite weak for a new player but stronger for a more experienced player.
Daggers are great weapon spec from point of the debuffs, bleeds and conceals. Once you appreciate this power, you can accept the trade-off of missing arteries and stabs and taking damage. I’d actually take more damage from missed hits compared to regular hits from mobs.
Zaol was fortunate to have haste for most of his life. That gave me the tanking of a sword spec at least, combined with imperial defence, 100% in all weapon skills made zaol an amazing tank.
For most of the time I had +25 str and +22 dex from gear meaning I could take a bunch of stuff and not lose str/dex and so that tanking was not impeded at all. The stat bonus meant I ran with only 40damroll or so making my char more of a winner, rather than a killer. Don’t make an STSF dex-dagger if your goal is to amass very high PK wins, the combo can make you the strongest warrior in the game, but nowhere near the most lethal.
People ask why both Viya and Zaol went h2h second and the answer is weight of not carrying extra weapons. To stay light and not lose dodge % (dodge = conceals). I am nuts about preps, my girdle weighs as much as all my armor. So something had to give. H2H is also great for ganks when you want to try lag people.
Parting block through STSF is pretty good and I noticed a difference, elf + 1 int gets more. Shadowstrike is fairly neat to and felt its absence on Zaol.
Flow/evade gets pretty frustrating for your opponents when they get missed entwines and flurries. I think people hated fighting these chars for that reason. A giant warrior takes hits from me, takes conceals from me and then I evade or flow their pincer, it gets very demoralising for them.
Entwine is the nemesis of this combo though. Sekpak really had Viya’s number. And Zaol almost died to Ruht once. All that effort I did to keep dodge working is instantly lost with that skill.

LhydiaMon 20-Jan-20 05:27 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2377 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#138155, "Wow you are full of ####. "
In response to Reply #1

Typically if a crap Emperor is chosen its because people were playing it safe while backstabbing each other, and it happens a lot. Sucks to be the one telling the truth though.

You took zero risks, you ended up with 35 pks with the most amazing set in a long time. That is why this character pretty much won't be remembered by anyone except you.

Zaol (Anonymous)Mon 20-Jan-20 06:15 PM
Charter member
#138156, "RE: Wow you are full of ####. "
In response to Reply #2
Edited on Mon 20-Jan-20 06:25 PM

I am sorry you have so much such hatred in your life.
I hope you can get the help you need.

I searched for your name, you forum name is based on a level 37 conjurer with 52 hours. What that your best?

LhydiaMon 20-Jan-20 07:08 PM
2377 posts
#138158, "Actually that was someone trolling me."
In response to Reply #3

They reused my shifter’s name and IMMs were okay with it.

I don’t have any hatred towards you, you were just a crap character in my opinion and I felt like saying something after I read your goodbye so I did.

Other than building and keeping a nice set, what do you feel your accomplishments were?

Active enemy (Anonymous)Mon 20-Jan-20 07:25 PM
Charter member
#138159, "Ultra conservative, prep heavy, ganky gear locker."
In response to Reply #4

It's character likes this and Az that make PK boring.

Zaol (Anonymous)Mon 20-Jan-20 07:44 PM
Charter member
#138160, "RE: Ultra conservative, prep heavy, ganky gear locker."
In response to Reply #5

Dammit guys, you don't know know what you are talking about.
Yes, prep heavy, yes I participated in some ganks, but the gank-o-meter is bias towards pk wins and assists, does not show all the 1v1, 1v2, 1v3 where I got no kills.

I took heaps of risks, the preps just meant the I could extend what I could do, like fight on the watcher or spirit etc.

Terpilans (Anonymous)Mon 20-Jan-20 10:44 PM
Charter member
#138165, "The only right thing to do here is just to ignore them."
In response to Reply #6

There are about 5 awful, but very vocal players who hate themselves and everybody around them. The only right thing to do is to ignore them both on discord/forums and their characters IC. It's very easy to understand who their characters are: zero RP characters who cannot separate themselves from their characters, they will fly to your level 42 villager as level 51 fully prepared lions and then begin teach you to fight them no matter what, then bring it to discord saying that only they are cool and fight anything. Or gank you as three at your pit and complain about you are the one who ganks.

Just be deaf and mute with them both IC and OOC, deaf and mute. Will save you a lot of time.

Had pleasure running together with you and all the people your mentioned. And i agree Ysforgul is the best

P.S. Not sure what are you Australian players do at all as your play time is most dead time possible, so getting at least few pks is very cool

BemusedMon 20-Jan-20 08:36 PM
Member since 15th Oct 2013
663 posts
#138162, "Hang in there buddy"
In response to Reply #5

You'll get gud at this game one day.

Zaol (Anonymous)Mon 20-Jan-20 08:10 PM
Charter member
#138161, "RE: Actually that was someone trolling me."
In response to Reply #4

Jalim, you made a completely irrelevant, useless binder thief, what did he achieve?

LhydiaMon 20-Jan-20 11:59 PM
2377 posts
#138168, "Tested some theories."
In response to Reply #7

I could have killed you solo without ever engaging you in combat. You were right to quit out. =)

Active (Anonymous)Mon 20-Jan-20 10:10 PM
Charter member
#138164, "You need to stop that."
In response to Reply #2
Edited on Mon 20-Jan-20 10:11 PM

It's sad to see so much hate. This is why people are leaving, not because the game suddenly went "bad". Zaol gave you all a lot of fun, he was part of the game that you play, and he was an evil warrior that is supposed to be pain in the ass. Be kind and thankful for that, this is why CF is still live by now.

You need to grow up and learn to separate your real life and characters. Characters you may fear, hate, despise, love - but you really need to learn that behind a character that you hate is a good guy that is still playing CF.

LhydiaMon 20-Jan-20 11:58 PM
2377 posts
#138167, ". . . "
In response to Reply #10

I have no idea who the player of Zaol is on a personal level. I didn't like the char and I disagreed with some of the things he said so I called him out on it.

Sorry if your tendies hit the floor as a result of this post. Kumbaya anonymous brother.

RelioTue 21-Jan-20 10:24 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2014
246 posts
#138178, "Just ignore this fool. n/t"
In response to Reply #2

nt

RelioTue 21-Jan-20 10:27 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2014
246 posts
#138179, "Good work."
In response to Reply #1

You did roll in some pretty big ganks sometimes, but you would mix it up on your own... I saw it. Not sure why anyone cares that you used preps - that's what they are for. You were a powerhouse that had to be taken seriously so I'm surprised your PKW were so low. Guess people just knew they had to bounce early. I also noticed a good bit of RP from Zaol, including with his enemies. I thought it was nicely proud without being a total ####. All in all a good character. Sorry not sorry your dreams of the throne were crushed.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #138146 Previous topic | Next topic