Subject: "(DELETED) [SCARAB] Nyofen Dro-Faern the Planewalker, Pr..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #137579
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 14-Oct-19 06:55 AM
Member since 24th Apr 2024
16806 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#137579, "(DELETED) [SCARAB] Nyofen Dro-Faern the Planewalker, Priest of Vanity"

Mon Oct 14 06:52:55 2019

At 9 o'clock AM, Day of the Bull, 15th of the Month of the Old Forces
on the Theran calendar Nyofen perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:conjurer
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:SCARAB, the Cult of the Scarab
Hours:260

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

KalageadonTue 15-Oct-19 09:11 AM
Member since 23rd Oct 2003
1040 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#137601, "RE: (DELETED) [SCARAB] Nyofen Dro-Faern the Planewalker..."
In response to Reply #0

I'll start by saying, this was a very difficult character to play. I really enjoyed so much about him but there were many very frustrating parts as well.

Devils/Demons - These guys can be pretty powerful but the RNG has got to be strong with you to truly feel powerful. Many times I'd fight people with a hooded Devil and it'd do several communes that were non-damage when all I needed was 1 for damage. It'd vamp touch great against Fortress cabal guardians but when I needed just 1 in a fight, I'd go 3-4 fights without ever seeing one and either die or be forced to flee and then die to it turning on me. The stronger the Devil or Demon, the faster they turn. Demons, very good depending on the situation, I'd normally call one and see it do very little in a PK but watch it destroy mobs, also fairly hit/miss. Still, the big burst damage was nice but the cost is that they turn even more often than Devils.

Elementals - Great depending on the situation but it's annoying that only water elementals don't get mad when they go under water but they're 99% useless under water. Second part is that in PK, they're defended against too easily, even hooded ones. When they hit, they cause nice damage but landing those attacks seems difficult.

Imp - The Imp familiar is really nice when it comes to melee and I want to think I figured something out about it that no one else has. I'm not sure it's innate to the familiar or to the boosted one that I got. Thank you to the IMM staff for that. It felt really nice to receive it from the Role Contest. My biggest gripe about familiars is that they can't move independently inside of a Cabal. This takes away an enormous amount of their utility to be used in PK, so when you have a fight oriented Familiar rather than a utility type, you're at an even bigger disadvantage.

Morius - Really enjoyed our RP sessions. I held on to those statues I had commissioned all the way until I deleted, hoping I could let you see one. I was going to keep mine since it's too good to give away but was going to gift you one since you were so special, it was of my Imp.

Mysterious Shadowed Figure - First Scarab, first time trying Scarab. It's tough to understand and tough to get into the rhythm of. I burned through about 10-12 con trying to get those PKs and never did get one of the ones I needed. I came a hair's breath about 2-3 times but whenever I needed that tiny bit more lag or damage, it never came. I rarely had any allies, usually faced odds, so that made significantly more difficult.

Edges, I liked all but 1 of the ones I took. I really do not suggest others take it. Familiar agility is just really low on return on investment. I don't think I ever really dodged hardly anything. My suggestion is to spend the edge points elsewhere, unless the staff gives the edge a significant boost.

I had every intent of playing this character out but Masters classes, it turns out, can be pretty difficult and demanding. I'll try and come back at some point and do another Scarab but it's not going to be another conjurer.

k-bTue 15-Oct-19 09:30 AM
Member since 19th Mar 2010
344 posts
#137602, "I second your thoughts on Familiar Agility edge."
In response to Reply #3

I took it as well, and was extremely unimpressed. I don't think I saw it work once. Maybe it's meant for high dex characters? Either way, I suggest taking anything else over it.

Nyofen was fun, btw. Kudos on playing a tough character who would press against odds.

DallevianMon 14-Oct-19 08:23 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1618 posts
#137581, "this dude was impressive. sad to see"
In response to Reply #0

the delete

incognitoMon 14-Oct-19 03:20 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#137587, "RE: this dude was impressive. sad to see"
In response to Reply #1
Edited on Mon 14-Oct-19 03:20 PM

Unless I'm mistaken, this is the conjie my thief accidentally killed.

If so, we were meant to be grouping. I went to join him at the lake, not knowing he was already fighting giants.

Told him I'd arrived in the area. No response so I walked to him. Got hit by warp dimension and as he was convulsing he died in one hit.

Turned out he couldn't reply because he was too busy spamming warp dimension to stay alive.

If it was this character, that was my only solo kill. Heh. But he was fun both as friend and enemy.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #137579 Previous topic | Next topic