Subject: "(AGE DEATH) [BATTLE] Hocnec ShadowDart the Dai Sensei o..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #137397
Show all folders

Death_AngelSat 07-Sep-19 07:50 AM
Member since 19th Apr 2024
16792 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#137397, "(AGE DEATH) [BATTLE] Hocnec ShadowDart the Dai Sensei of the Miyama Ryu"

Sat Sep 7 07:47:57 2019

At 10 o'clock AM, Day of the Bull, 22nd of the Month of the Ancient Darkness
on the Theran calendar Hocnec perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:assassin
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:192

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply That was unexpected., Morok (Anonymous), 08-Sep-19 05:54 PM, #8
Reply Withered a lot?, Jarmel, 07-Sep-19 08:20 PM, #1
     Reply To stop this ahead of time., Ishuli, 08-Sep-19 02:19 PM, #2
     Reply Surely a discussion about dying at a young age, incognito, 08-Sep-19 09:42 AM, #3
          Reply RE: Surely a discussion about dying at a young age, Illanthos, 08-Sep-19 10:54 AM, #5
     Reply probably just died with +age eq on, Dallevian, 08-Sep-19 10:06 AM, #4
     Reply Yeah. The human only rings from past that are +age woul..., TheBluestThumb, 08-Sep-19 01:37 PM, #6
     Reply I don't think it works that way. , Lhydia, 08-Sep-19 04:32 PM, #7
          Reply iirc it works in two ways, Dallevian, 08-Sep-19 08:26 PM, #9
               Reply I don't think it works this way., lasentia, 09-Sep-19 06:21 AM, #10
     Reply Maybe he had the Grandpa flaw. nt, robdarken_, 09-Sep-19 03:01 PM, #11

Morok (Anonymous)Sun 08-Sep-19 05:54 PM
Charter member
#137412, "That was unexpected."
In response to Reply #0

I'm assuming as other have said this was age gear? Was it intentional? I hope it was otherwise this could be very frustrating.

Anyway I really liked Hocrec, a great and steady presence in the Village, a powerhouse always ready to throw down regardless of the odds and a supportive elder for all us young ones.

Big thank you for all the help ranking, gearing and generally trying to get the Village back to strength.

JarmelSat 07-Sep-19 08:20 PM
Member since 19th Jul 2015
375 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#137401, "Withered a lot?"
In response to Reply #0

Because if so this is what I have been arguing against for a long time now.

Age death at 192 hrs.

There should be nothing communed/cast/skill that has a permentant impact over the entire life of the character.

The aging component of wither needs to be removed. -30 strength is enough

IshuliSun 08-Sep-19 07:59 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2017
2145 posts
#137404, "To stop this ahead of time."
In response to Reply #1
Edited on Sun 08-Sep-19 02:19 PM

I don't see any withers as being the issue here, I don't see him as having eaten wither aging from a brief glance (Edited to add: I'm wrong, more than a brief glance shows he did get wither aging once, but it wasn't enough to make him die at 192 hours). So I'm cutting off this complaint before it starts. The death thread can be kept to being a death thread, thanks.

-Ish

incognitoSun 08-Sep-19 09:42 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#137405, "Surely a discussion about dying at a young age"
In response to Reply #2

is a valid death thread discussion?

After all, age at death, and hours played, are in the data shared on the death thread.

I for one am very interested in why the character I knew age died so young with so few hours.

IllanthosSun 08-Sep-19 10:54 AM
Member since 14th Oct 2011
274 posts
#137408, "RE: Surely a discussion about dying at a young age"
In response to Reply #3

Probably +age gear if I had to guess.

DallevianSun 08-Sep-19 10:06 AM
1618 posts
#137407, "probably just died with +age eq on"
In response to Reply #1

you eat 10 deaths easily as a rager with 30 age and you're gonna go kaput

TheBluestThumbSun 08-Sep-19 01:37 PM
Member since 09th Jan 2013
186 posts
#137409, "Yeah. The human only rings from past that are +age woul..."
In response to Reply #4

nh

LhydiaSun 08-Sep-19 04:32 PM
2379 posts
#137411, "I don't think it works that way. "
In response to Reply #4

I might be misinterpreting what you're saying, but it reads as if you think every time you wear a piece of plus age gear it takes X amount of years off your total life.

The only time age gear impacts you in a real way outside of killing you is bumping you from young-mature-middleaged-old. I can't remove a +10 ring and wear it and remove it and wear it and remove it and wear it and suddenly I'm 30 years older. I'd have to wear 2 +10 age rings at the same time to achieve a cumulative affect.

Whenever I want to age die early I'll grab ring/belt/weapons and age die pretty easy. This could easily be done as rager as well.

Maybe I didn't understand your response though.

Also loved Hocnec. Also hated Hocnec.

DallevianSun 08-Sep-19 08:26 PM
1618 posts
#137414, "iirc it works in two ways"
In response to Reply #7

yes, your age goes up or down while you're wearing it

but if you die with it on then the +/- becomes permanent

so if you wear two +10 age rings and die 10 times with them on as a low age race (arial, human) it is going to screw you up far quicker. that's my understanding of + age gear and i think it impacts different races disproportionately based on their lifespan

lasentiaMon 09-Sep-19 06:20 AM
Member since 27th Apr 2010
987 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#137415, "I don't think it works this way."
In response to Reply #9
Edited on Mon 09-Sep-19 06:21 AM

Don't you get the age effect echoes when you die with it on?

Otherwise you could fountain of youth a char at the price of 1/3 con with -age gear. Just eat a death to gain a bunch of years. (if you know where to get -age gear, which is admittedly rare)

You could stack a bunch of -age gear on an arial, eat one death, and live forever. Arials would end up being the most hours as they could so easily rejuvenate, being that a year to them is far more hours than it is to an elf.

Also, people age die the second they die wearing -age gear, unless they can get it back on before the next tick which is unlikely, so the -age effect does not seem permanent.

robdarken_Mon 09-Sep-19 03:01 PM
Member since 09th Sep 2009
373 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#137418, "Maybe he had the Grandpa flaw. nt"
In response to Reply #1

no tubingos

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #137397 Previous topic | Next topic