Subject: "(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Jumbel Furystone the Courageous Com..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #137219
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 19-Aug-19 10:24 AM
Member since 19th Apr 2024
16795 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#137219, "(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Jumbel Furystone the Courageous Combatant, Drillmaster of Battle"

Sun Aug 18 20:22:43 2019

At 8 o'clock AM, Day of the Great Gods, 33rd of the Month of the Old Forces
on the Theran calendar Jumbel perished, never to return.

Race:svirfnebli
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:436

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Great Char Jumbel....on other matters what happened to ..., Viya (Anonymous), 26-Aug-19 01:21 AM, #24
Reply RE: Great Char Jumbel....on other matters what happened..., Kalageadon, 27-Aug-19 07:11 PM, #25
Reply I liked you but..., Aylosi, 23-Aug-19 06:57 AM, #22
Reply I only fought you a couple times long ago..., Saagkri, 20-Aug-19 02:39 PM, #6
Reply RE: I only fought you a couple times long ago..., Jonny, 21-Aug-19 07:01 AM, #10
Reply By the stones, I had a blast!, Jonny, 19-Aug-19 08:16 AM, #2
     Reply Hm., Lhydia, 19-Aug-19 10:07 AM, #1
     Reply RE: Hm., Jonny, 21-Aug-19 07:19 AM, #13
          Reply Yes, SPN, 22-Aug-19 09:37 PM, #21
     Reply Well done., xyfa, 19-Aug-19 09:32 PM, #3
     Reply RE: Well done., Jonny, 21-Aug-19 07:19 AM, #14
     Reply RE: By the stones, I had a blast!, Sayra (Anonymous), 20-Aug-19 12:46 AM, #4
     Reply RE: By the stones, I had a blast!, Jonny, 21-Aug-19 07:21 AM, #15
     Reply Shame., Sel (Anonymous), 20-Aug-19 02:45 AM, #5
     Reply RE: Shame., Jonny, 21-Aug-19 07:24 AM, #16
     Reply Well hell!, Panmorne, 20-Aug-19 02:55 PM, #7
     Reply RE: Well hell!, Jonny, 21-Aug-19 07:16 AM, #11
          Reply RE: Well hell!, Panmorne, 22-Aug-19 02:28 PM, #18
          Reply I've had a few leaders at this point. , Lhydia, 22-Aug-19 03:00 PM, #19
          Reply +1 I'd add..., Saagkri, 22-Aug-19 03:41 PM, #20
          Reply Best part about being a Villager is you can bend many o..., Cointreau, 26-Aug-19 12:31 AM, #23
     Reply Well, drat!, Whiysdan, 20-Aug-19 03:10 PM, #8
     Reply RE: Well, drat!, Jonny, 21-Aug-19 07:18 AM, #12
     Reply Well done, and glwyn., Nyofen (Anonymous), 20-Aug-19 06:41 PM, #9
          Reply RE: Well done, and glwyn., Jonny, 21-Aug-19 07:33 AM, #17

Viya (Anonymous)Mon 26-Aug-19 01:21 AM
Charter member
#137304, "Great Char Jumbel....on other matters what happened to ..."
In response to Reply #0

I enjoyed interacting with you Jumbel. Good all round char, well done.

On other matters, I saw Sekpak rattling in chains on twitter 4 days ago and his graveyard entry still not up?

Any know what happened to Sekpak?

KalageadonTue 27-Aug-19 07:11 PM
Member since 23rd Oct 2003
1040 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#137310, "RE: Great Char Jumbel....on other matters what happened..."
In response to Reply #24

>I enjoyed interacting with you Jumbel. Good all round char,
>well done.
>
>On other matters, I saw Sekpak rattling in chains on twitter 4
>days ago and his graveyard entry still not up?
>
>Any know what happened to Sekpak?

Death Angel fell off the horse. It was on Discord, some coding is being fixed to get him straight in the saddle again and bringing us all the dead folks again.

AylosiFri 23-Aug-19 06:57 AM
Member since 01st Dec 2018
20 posts
#137290, "I liked you but..."
In response to Reply #0

I was going to kill you next time I saw you . GLWYN!

SaagkriTue 20-Aug-19 02:39 PM
Member since 17th Jun 2014
801 posts
#137246, "I only fought you a couple times long ago..."
In response to Reply #0

As Ellsie (Vulture). But I enjoyed your banter. Didn't get upset and stayed in char. GLWYN

Jumbel tells you 'I am going to get to work on a pair of wings. Perhaps Tahren will make me for me.'
Jumbel tells you 'Ever see a stone man fly?'
You tell Jumbel 'I have only seen them fall.'

JonnyWed 21-Aug-19 07:01 AM
Member since 21st Aug 2018
27 posts
#137270, "RE: I only fought you a couple times long ago..."
In response to Reply #6

Ahhh it was frustrating but fun fighting you! And but for the typo
on my part, that quote was awesome - your response was witty.

Thank you for the good times!

JonnyMon 19-Aug-19 10:24 AM
27 posts
#137222, "By the stones, I had a blast!"
In response to Reply #0

A few points:

1. My third serious character: Drogun, Juntio, Jumbel
2. This was my first villager
3. First svirf
4. First whip spec warrior
5. First tattoo
6. First leader

I was nowhere close to perfect with this character. I tried to planned this character out but I still needed to figure out A LOT along the way.

When I was first inducted into the village I had no clue how to play a villager other than "I hate mages". I didnt know who fell into the "mage" category. I had no clue how to check if an item was magical or what would happen if I tried to wear it. I DEFINITELY was unaware of village politics. Who we were at war with, why we were at war with certain cabals, when to thirst and how/when parity was less
important. With all that said, I really had a lot of fun figuring it all out. Thank you to everyone for your patience - I know I stumbled along the way.

As far as a svirf villager axe/whip spec with gates and whispers, it was an outstanding build. Without the head, I was meat. With the head, I could take a beating and dish a good amount out. The toughest part for me was dealing with blindness without the head. I was absolute toast if it landed.

A few goodbyes:

Whiysdan: Loved our interactions! I knew I wanted to follow you from day one of the character. I had it all planned out. Both of our work schedules threw a huge wrench into my plan. I tried to stay determined in tracking you down and hope I wasnt too much of a pest. I carried around those items for what seemed like an eternity haha. And of course that last time we interacted I had to cut it short as I was going out to dinner and my wife was going to throw something at me lol. Thank you for taking the time to interact, it was a great experience and I appreciate it!

Panmorne: You were a lot of fun to interact with! I was entirely surprised that you named me Drillmaster. You helped push me and give me ideas on how to be a drillmaster. Without it, I would have been lost. I'm still figuring out the whole "how to interact with immortals" thing so thank you for your patience. Earlier in Jumbel's life I was alone a lot and taking an absolute beating by hordes of players. I even took a few full loots early on. Your support helped me to not get too frustrated over it and to keep me pushing forward. Finally, I had grand plans for that tournament idea, but our
numbers dropped significantly once I finally set the date. It was fun to plan and I still had a blast taking a beating. Thank you for the opportunity!

Jormyr: Had a limited interaction but considering i'm newish, it was memorable. I made a joke and you punted me across the village for making the joke. It was hilarious and the first time an immortal "beat me up".

Bendegoh: You inducted me into the village. It probably was apparent that I had no idea what I was doing at first. You really helped me grow in the earlier years as a villager. You were always willing to go find trouble or to help out. I had a lot of fun interacting with you! Hope to run into you again with another character.

Sekpak: Dude, you are always on overdrive. I love it. I really started to step up my game with you around. I continued to try and figure out village politics as well as overall game mechanics while I was a drillmaster. Sometimes I had to rely heavily on your advice/knowledge. I know I probably didn't do things the way I should have at all times, so I appreciate the patience. Keep being badass!

Gorum: You were such a fun giant, I wish you stayed around longer! You gave the village a whole new personality. But alas, it was not meant to be.

Rest of the village: Keep pushing and don't act like a ninny!

Graitel: Without the head it was certain death fighting you. Didnt stop me, but still - blindness/plague = gameover. Even tried fighting you with a blindfold at one point lol. With the head, at least it was a good fight. I rarely could keep you still. You were one of my toughest opponents. We had a lot of banter back and forth, but it was all in good fun. Keep rockin!

Tegerek: You were a pain in my A** lol. I was first introduced to you when we were ranking together. We were actually amicable. Then came orc/village politics. Vohl was set on stomping on the village and you followed suit shortly thereafer. Things got a little hostile during the whole "full looting" phase but eventually it settled down. With all that said, I respected you as an enemy. I learned from you that entwining an orc is not a good idea lol.
You are a beast!

Oniflond: I wanted to give you that last fight. Though it wasnt much of a fight on my end lol. You have guts and I really respected that. I like your mentality and I think it's good for the Empire. Keep whipping them into shape!

Mage Tribunals: You all gave me some real good fights. I learned a ton from fighting you all.

Heralds: You dealt with a lot of drama - but I guess that's your speciality eh? Thank you for listening to my rants lol.

If I missed anyone else, I apologize. It was a long ride and I had a lot of fun interactions over the span of Jumbel's life.

See yah all on the fields!

-Jumbel

LhydiaMon 19-Aug-19 10:07 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2379 posts
#137224, "Hm."
In response to Reply #2

Can't you still cure blindness with truesight without the head?

JonnyWed 21-Aug-19 07:19 AM
27 posts
#137273, "RE: Hm."
In response to Reply #1

If so, I ate a lot of unnecessary deaths and am therefore a moron
for not figuring that out lol.

SPNThu 22-Aug-19 09:37 PM
Member since 24th Oct 2004
352 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#137289, "Yes"
In response to Reply #13

Doesn't always cure on first attempt and high level blind like from an undead is still a bitch to remove and half the time you are wasting commands doing it.

xyfaMon 19-Aug-19 09:32 PM
Member since 03rd Mar 2018
150 posts
#137237, "Well done."
In response to Reply #2

Jumbel was really tough. Great job! Always enjoyed fighting you.

JonnyWed 21-Aug-19 07:19 AM
27 posts
#137274, "RE: Well done."
In response to Reply #3

Thank you! One of my favorite enemies!!

Sayra (Anonymous)Tue 20-Aug-19 12:46 AM
Charter member
#137239, "RE: By the stones, I had a blast!"
In response to Reply #2

I really like Jumbel. Our interactions certainly showed me you are strong roleplayer and lead me to believe a good leader at that. I am still thankful for the chance encounter in the arial city and the fact that you openly accepted a steak dinner and drink as a thank you for the help. Good luck with your next!

JonnyWed 21-Aug-19 07:21 AM
27 posts
#137275, "RE: By the stones, I had a blast!"
In response to Reply #4

Any time I got a chance to sit down with you, I knew it was going
to be a fun RP session. You helped step my RP up. Keep rocking!

Sel (Anonymous)Tue 20-Aug-19 02:45 AM
Charter member
#137240, "Shame."
In response to Reply #2

I really liked you though if you told me I'd of hounded you more for information. Now all I have is a drink inspired by you.

JonnyWed 21-Aug-19 07:24 AM
27 posts
#137276, "RE: Shame."
In response to Reply #5

You put a lot of time and dedication into RP. It was refreshing
to step away from all the hostility/killing and know that I
could engage in some good old fashion conversing. Your events
were also a blast. Keep bringing joy to Thera!

PanmorneTue 20-Aug-19 02:55 PM
Member since 03rd Jul 2018
28 posts
#137247, "Well hell!"
In response to Reply #2

I'll be damned, you went and died when I wasn't around. Had I been, you woulda' had some fine death echoes!

First thing that comes to mind would have been something like...
As Jumbel falls to the ground, he looks up at the sky and blinks thirteen times.
He takes thirteen final satisfied breaths, grinding his sulfuric stained teeth one last time.

A clear theme for a short piece of stone like yourself!
I had a lot of fun interacting with you as well. It can be intimidating figuring out how to talk with the gods and all, but once you get into it it's as swell as can be.

You died a hell of a lot, but your right as rain attitude and courage to keep diving in made me comfortable giving you a bit of well-deserved oomph and vitality!

Real glad you had fun, and far as I saw lots of folks had fun with you too. Can't ask for more than that!

JonnyWed 21-Aug-19 07:16 AM
27 posts
#137271, "RE: Well hell!"
In response to Reply #7

Haha would have loved that echo! Thank you for your support, you
were awesome!

I do have a quick question, which I feel may open a can of worms,
but I'd like to learn from my experience.

I noticed that you were not a fan of me attacking a certain someone
in retaliation. I felt I needed to retaliate after that certain
someone joined with several others to chop my head off, albeit while
I was attacking one of their mages. Which one of the following was an
issue:
1. It was a nonmage
2. I was near their home
3. I thirsted
4. All of the above.

One of the most difficult things for me to learn was the
politics of battle. There seem to be some unwritten rules about
thirsting for example. If I did something taboo I will accept that.
If I create a villager again I want to make sure I do it better.

If this is a topic better left alone that's fine too!

Thank you as always!

PanmorneThu 22-Aug-19 02:28 PM
Member since 03rd Jul 2018
28 posts
#137284, "RE: Well hell!"
In response to Reply #11

If a blighty bastard attacks you, knock'em sideways. If it's while you're after a mage, killem. You read the Plaque and you'll get a good idea of when it's right to do what, specially that part about "else leave them be".

Not one for numbers, but I'll do my best. Number one can have reasons. Number two is leaning wrong if you're walking out of your way, heading there to fight a fella who isn't even currently in the way of a mage. Three is when I'd call you a ninny. Not something you'd get knocked upside the head for, but the Village is a place where you're going to get mocked for damn near everything, and that's one.

I don't give much a damned about political bloodthirsting. There's the Village, its rules, and its culture. You break the third one and you'll just get called a ninny or taken to the circle, bullied, mocked, however the hell it goes. But it's the Village, so you should have some thick skin!

Like I said, I sure as hell liked Jumbel a lot, but even my favorites can fumble. Hell, even I do. Lots to love, very small bit to dislike.

Already wrote more than I wanted on this, but there you go!

LhydiaThu 22-Aug-19 03:00 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2379 posts
#137285, "I've had a few leaders at this point. "
In response to Reply #11

I don't mind killing someone after the fact if they've ganged me with mages/Empire/whoever.

If you're random warrior and you're tripping me as I'm fighting anyone else, I'm going to kill you at least once later, I don't care who you are.

Players don't get 'consequence free' killing against ragers if they're non-mages.

I won't sit there and hunt them over mages and multi-kill them, but I'll certainly kill them once and hope they get the point that maybe it isn't okay to gang that rager just because they're a free frag at the moment.

This is what I've allowed with all my leaders and it seems to go over okay. At the end of the day if you're Commander/Drillmaster you sort of have a say as long as it isn't going against the Tablet.

SaagkriThu 22-Aug-19 03:41 PM
Member since 17th Jun 2014
801 posts
#137286, "+1 I'd add..."
In response to Reply #19

That if killing a non-mage make sense tactically (increases the chances of killing his mage groupmate, cabalmate, etc.) then I'd be fine with that, too.

CointreauMon 26-Aug-19 12:31 AM
Member since 20th Nov 2004
300 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#137303, "Best part about being a Villager is you can bend many o..."
In response to Reply #11

Do what your character would do, own the consequences and most importantly: have fun.

WhiysdanTue 20-Aug-19 03:10 PM
Member since 04th Aug 2011
243 posts
#137249, "Well, drat!"
In response to Reply #2

I really enjoyed Jumbel. Always had a blast whenever we interacted and you were always top notch when I was watching you (which was probably a whole lot more than you thought). I definitely never felt pestered or anything like that at all, but I'm with you on the schedules thing. Sucks we couldn't line up more on that, because I would have liked to interact more.

Best of luck with whatever is next!

=w=

JonnyWed 21-Aug-19 07:18 AM
27 posts
#137272, "RE: Well, drat!"
In response to Reply #8

Thank you for the feedback! YOU sir, were top notch! Looking forward
to following you again at some point!

Nyofen (Anonymous)Tue 20-Aug-19 06:41 PM
Charter member
#137251, "Well done, and glwyn."
In response to Reply #2

Only fought a few times but you were really aggressive. I am glad you had fun and look forward to seeing you again before long, maybe.

JonnyWed 21-Aug-19 07:33 AM
27 posts
#137279, "RE: Well done, and glwyn."
In response to Reply #9

Wish we had some more fights in there! Had fun fighting you! That
last fight was crazy and it was nearly the one that buried me forever.

Keep dishing those beat downs!

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #137219 Previous topic | Next topic