Subject: "(DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Oric the Disciple of Ancient Ways,..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #136161
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 06-Feb-19 03:00 PM
Member since 22nd Apr 2024
16801 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#136161, "(DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Oric the Disciple of Ancient Ways, Magistrate of Hamsah Mu'tazz"

Wed Feb 6 13:58:15 2019

At 8 o'clock AM, Day of the Bull, 15th of the Month of Nature
on the Theran calendar Oric perished, never to return.

Race:dwarf
Class:warrior
Level:49
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:TRIBUNAL, the Blood Tribunal
Hours:104

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Oric the Disciple of Ancient W..., Noirra (Anonymous), 07-Feb-19 12:06 AM, #13
Reply RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Oric the Disciple of Ancient W..., Llyion (Anonymous), 06-Feb-19 06:14 PM, #12
Reply RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Oric the Disciple of Ancient W..., Oric (Anonymous), 06-Feb-19 03:15 PM, #1
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Oric the Disciple of Ancient W..., Ishuli, 06-Feb-19 03:19 PM, #2
     Reply RE: Vulgar tells, Oric (Anonymous), 06-Feb-19 03:46 PM, #4
     Reply You went straight-up OOC., Daphedee, 06-Feb-19 04:02 PM, #5
          Reply RE: You went straight-up OOC. <== Yes, I did, Oric (Anonymous), 06-Feb-19 04:09 PM, #6
               Reply RE: You went straight-up OOC. <== Yes, I did, Jhyrbian, 06-Feb-19 04:42 PM, #7
     Reply No, Kstatida, 11-Feb-19 10:06 AM, #14
     Reply Sorry to see this., SPN, 06-Feb-19 03:27 PM, #3
     Reply Sorry but there is no cheat ring, Sertius, 06-Feb-19 04:55 PM, #8
     Reply This exactly., k-b, 06-Feb-19 04:58 PM, #9
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Oric the Disciple of Ancient W..., Dude with an opinion (Anonymous), 06-Feb-19 05:18 PM, #10
          Reply Funny., Ishuli, 06-Feb-19 05:26 PM, #11

Noirra (Anonymous)Thu 07-Feb-19 12:06 AM
Charter member
#136178, "RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Oric the Disciple of Ancient W..."
In response to Reply #0

Lame... Was hoping to have some fun chasing criminals with you. Monk is terrible for holding enemies in place or quick follow ups and you would of been a great combo.

Have a hard time understanding your complaints about pvp. You seemed to want to level squat, which means you will definitely have to pick and chose fights.

I had to twist your arm to get you out learning...Annoying as hell cause I like to help people level.

CF is not like it was 20 years ago. You are stuck playing against the elite player base who will be 100% prepped or close to. If you are lazy like me it does make things a bit harder to win

Try a paladin...

Llyion (Anonymous)Wed 06-Feb-19 06:14 PM
Charter member
#136173, "RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Oric the Disciple of Ancient W..."
In response to Reply #0

Aww man. I'm sad to see this. I liked old Oric. You were a fun guy to talk with and had a good dwarf personality. I hope to play with you again some day. Best of luck with whatever you decide to do.

Oric (Anonymous)Wed 06-Feb-19 03:15 PM
Charter member
#136162, "RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Oric the Disciple of Ancient W..."
In response to Reply #0

Definately a rage delete.

I am a returning person that tried to get back in the game. I can take some hits, Oric was a gates dwarf afterall! But i'm not going to play a game where everyone breaks roles just to multi pk you

PK is good! But I am alone, and it is obvious that there is some kind of backchannel ooc clique which I am not part of.

So some random nonce will log on just to kill you with the flimsiest of roleplay excuse.

I could role a herald, but I would just get multi-killed for the amusment of sadists, and I don't want to humiliate myself.

So the game isn't for me anymore.

IshuliWed 06-Feb-19 03:19 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2017
2146 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#136163, "RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Oric the Disciple of Ancient W..."
In response to Reply #1

Picking a second legacy probably would have helped you somewhat. You somewhat cripple yourself by only taking one. Dwarves also aren't a great match up against dexterity stacked up with STSF.

Otherwise, from what I watched, there was no OOC clique beating you up. It was just you with bad match-ups, and often with other folks more prepared than you.

My biggest complaint was that your rage-delete extended to repeated vulgar tells despite being asked to not do that.

Glad you gave it a try though.

-Ish

Oric (Anonymous)Wed 06-Feb-19 03:46 PM
Charter member
#136165, "RE: Vulgar tells"
In response to Reply #2

I did appreciate the imm notes to tone down the language.

As I prayed back I was being more "game of thrones" than "lord of the rings".

For everyone who don't know (so basically everyone): I said "cb Tha c-word elf learnt me movements" or somesuch, do please say if it was worse than that.

I wasn't all that upset at the time. I was just being Oric under stress. I hope it didn't disturb anyone elses RP experience?

DaphedeeWed 06-Feb-19 04:02 PM
Member since 31st Aug 2017
60 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#136166, "You went straight-up OOC."
In response to Reply #4

Sure, right before you rage deleted, but other people are still trying to play the game. Maybe don't say "#### you" multiple times and complain about the roleplay of others.

Oric (Anonymous)Wed 06-Feb-19 04:09 PM
Charter member
#136167, "RE: You went straight-up OOC. <== Yes, I did"
In response to Reply #5

For a good two minutes. And I don't regret it for a moment.

JhyrbianWed 06-Feb-19 04:42 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
917 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#136168, "RE: You went straight-up OOC. <== Yes, I did"
In response to Reply #6

Maybe you're not emotionally cut out for a somewhat competitive RP/PK game bro.

KstatidaMon 11-Feb-19 10:06 AM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#136215, "No"
In response to Reply #2

You cripple yourself by playing dwarf. That's pretty much it.

SPNWed 06-Feb-19 03:26 PM
Member since 24th Oct 2004
352 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#136164, "Sorry to see this."
In response to Reply #1
Edited on Wed 06-Feb-19 03:27 PM

Nt

SertiusWed 06-Feb-19 04:55 PM
Member since 17th Nov 2008
360 posts
#136169, "Sorry but there is no cheat ring"
In response to Reply #1

And yes everyone will try to kill you on the flimsiest of excuses. That's the game.

k-bWed 06-Feb-19 04:58 PM
Member since 19th Mar 2010
344 posts
#136170, "This exactly."
In response to Reply #8

I've had ragers attack me because I (A warrior) ranked with mages in the past. (This was years ago, but still)

Sometimes in this game, people want easy frags. And they'll take them, sometimes, RP be damned. Welcome to CF! Get over it.

Dude with an opinion (Anonymous)Wed 06-Feb-19 05:18 PM
Charter member
#136171, "RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Oric the Disciple of Ancient W..."
In response to Reply #1

I don't know what your situation is or how long you've been gone for, but there has been a shift in the 'meta' towards high dex STSF builds.

To compete against them, you need to prep hard and play smart. If they engage you when you're not suited to fight them, you can always flee. Cutoff doesn't charge up /that/ fast.

IshuliWed 06-Feb-19 05:26 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2017
2146 posts
#136172, "Funny."
In response to Reply #10

I find it funny you called it the meta and said that, since when I was watching this in game, it's exactly what I said - that he's up against the meta and didn't prepare accordingly.

I guess we're twinsies now.

-Ish

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #136161 Previous topic | Next topic