Subject: "(AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Varric the Unspoken Rescission, Em..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #135678
Show all folders

Death_AngelFri 07-Dec-18 11:18 PM
Member since 27th Mar 2024
16746 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#135678, "(AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Varric the Unspoken Rescission, Emperor of Thera"

Wed Nov 28 23:33:29 2018

At 10 o'clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 26th of the Month of the Long Shadows
on the Theran calendar Varric perished, never to return.

Race:duergar
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:654

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply you play a mean warrior. well done., Dallevian, 08-Dec-18 09:50 AM, #28
Reply Yet another perfectly performed Jarmel warrior, Kstatida, 30-Nov-18 02:37 AM, #27
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Varric the Unspoken Rescission..., Jhyrbian, 30-Nov-18 05:08 PM, #14
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Varric the Unspoken Rescission..., Jarmel, 01-Dec-18 06:26 AM, #22
     Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Varric the Unspoken Rescission..., Jhyrbian, 01-Dec-18 12:38 PM, #24
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Varric the Unspoken Rescission..., Father Girf (Anonymous), 30-Nov-18 01:51 AM, #9
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Varric the Unspoken Rescission..., Jarmel, 30-Nov-18 02:07 AM, #10
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Varric the Unspoken Rescission..., Jarmel, 29-Nov-18 06:01 PM, #4
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Varric the Unspoken Rescission..., Saagkri, 30-Nov-18 12:20 AM, #8
Reply Well done, in many ways., Nhinguehm (Anonymous), 30-Nov-18 06:39 AM, #11
Reply RE: Well done, in many ways., Jarmel, 30-Nov-18 05:40 PM, #15
Reply Well done, Rastensol (Anonymous), 30-Nov-18 09:19 AM, #12
Reply RE: Well done, Jarmel, 30-Nov-18 05:43 PM, #16
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Varric the Unspoken Rescission..., Yikaro (Anonymous), 30-Nov-18 10:12 AM, #13
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Varric the Unspoken Rescission..., Jarmel, 01-Dec-18 06:09 AM, #19
     Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Varric the Unspoken Rescission..., Yikaro (Anonymous), 01-Dec-18 09:23 AM, #23
          Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Varric the Unspoken Rescission..., Jarmel, 01-Dec-18 03:30 PM, #25
Reply Well done, laxman, 30-Nov-18 07:58 PM, #17
Reply RE: Well done, Jarmel, 01-Dec-18 06:22 AM, #20
Reply Man, I love playing against you and playing with you, Blkdrgn, 30-Nov-18 09:49 PM, #18
Reply RE: Man, I love playing against you and playing with yo..., Jarmel, 01-Dec-18 06:26 AM, #21
     Reply Yeah, I was Ghek and Sorry about Nijee, Blkdrgn, 01-Dec-18 10:09 PM, #26
Reply Great job with Varric.., Emnon, 01-Jan-19 09:37 AM, #29
Reply RE: Great job with Varric.., Jarmel, 03-Jan-19 02:58 PM, #30
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Varric the Unspoken Rescission..., Ilyana, 04-Jan-19 04:10 AM, #31
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Varric the Unspoken Rescission..., saam (Anonymous), 29-Nov-18 12:25 PM, #3
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Varric the Unspoken Rescission..., Jarmel, 29-Nov-18 06:08 PM, #5
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Varric the Unspoken Rescission..., Naevar (Anonymous), 29-Nov-18 11:27 AM, #2
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Varric the Unspoken Rescission..., Jarmel, 29-Nov-18 06:11 PM, #6
Reply No wonder you were going balls to the walls last night!, Casual Observer (Anonymous), 29-Nov-18 08:33 AM, #1
     Reply RE: No wonder you were going balls to the walls last ni..., Jarmel, 29-Nov-18 06:16 PM, #7

DallevianSat 08-Dec-18 09:50 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1613 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#135768, "you play a mean warrior. well done."
In response to Reply #0

you were a beast to the point that it took something like 5 of us to kill that one time in imperial lands (me, a dwarf shaman, a storm warrior, aurew, and i think an elf pally?). you would have killed at least 2 of us and escaped if not for aurew's many altruisms.

anyway, that was sort of a highlight and a lowlight, because i was later on the receiving end of that yet with none of the chops to make it through. i helped set a terrible precedent of fort 3v1 to where it ruined my next char : (

you good, jarmel, you good!

KstatidaFri 07-Dec-18 11:18 PM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#135694, "Yet another perfectly performed Jarmel warrior"
In response to Reply #0

Well done sir.

JhyrbianFri 30-Nov-18 05:08 PM
917 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#135703, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Varric the Unspoken Rescission..."
In response to Reply #0

best character I ever interacted with, thank you for your continued excellence.

JarmelSat 01-Dec-18 06:26 AM
Member since 19th Jul 2015
375 posts
#135716, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Varric the Unspoken Rescission..."
In response to Reply #14

Hahaha! Do you even play?

JhyrbianSat 01-Dec-18 12:38 PM
917 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#135720, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Varric the Unspoken Rescission..."
In response to Reply #22

Bro, you know I can't answer that without violating several rules. I guess you'll never know because we don't communicate OOC.

Father Girf (Anonymous)Fri 30-Nov-18 01:51 AM
Charter member
#135692, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Varric the Unspoken Rescission..."
In response to Reply #0

Man! I was really looking forward to tangling with you. Wish you had longer as emperor. Now I feel bad about withering you ☹️

JarmelFri 30-Nov-18 02:07 AM
375 posts
#135693, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Varric the Unspoken Rescission..."
In response to Reply #9

The wither was a weak one. So don’t feel bad. But wither having potentially permenant lasting affects reminds me of an issue I raised a while back.

FYI and for what it’s worth I would have killed you 😀

JarmelThu 29-Nov-18 06:01 PM
375 posts
#135686, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Varric the Unspoken Rescission..."
In response to Reply #0

So where do I start.

Yet another Empire. The main driving force behind this was after playing Jhelruk, I actually wanted to get through Empire without being made Anathema. SUCCESS! But I did get demoted so who knows at some stage I will have to rectify that issue.

At one point Varric wasn't going to be, because I got ROTD for having two pieces of gear from a mob that Jhelruk killed. I deleted on the spot after being slayed, but then a day later I was thinking "MEH black mark or not, it really doesn't change much, and actually I could take this role angle." To the IMM that slayed me, the whole instance actually gave me the kick in the pants to put together a role, and that role went to win an RC so ... I guess ... THANKS! I do have some minor regrets on my role, and there are things which I wish I entered on the spot rather than thinking "Oh ... Ill sort this out later." because particularly near the end 640+ hrs a few things happened that had me somewhat stunned.

Immortals:
Thanks for all the effort upstairs, it is appreciated.

Emnon:
Cheers for the tattoo, still thinking back to how I got it, there is still a level of shock. I could never figure out how to use part of it, likely because I was to busy flurrying! My first Imm tattooed character (Since my return, my last was a Dragon Tooth), for some reason this has always been a hurdle and in general imm interaction, sometimes I just get distra ... Oh look a butterfly!

I wont mention to many names, as there are far to many.

Empire:
There were two main goals I had for this character (One of them a role regret) and that was.
1. Not anathemaing anyone, well it happened to one person. Player to Player I am sorry, and we spoke a bit last time we met. You know my IC thoughts, maybe try run with it. When I see you on the graveyard (hopefully of old age), I will explain things better.
2. After being Anathema by Glikhardiz as Jhelruk, I thought it was time that someone actually gave a crap about:
Law 3: Anathema are to be hunted and slain at all times.
Because the whole time I played Jhelruk, I was just left wondering why is Glik still Emperor, he has made countless people Anathema, but they certainly do not hunt them "At all times", and infact heavily avoided confrontation.
Hemeth, you got hit pretty hard with this, and Tribunal in general. I certainly would have kept going as well, it was actually a good opportunity to figure out just how many "Criminal" options there are for certain things out there.
Outside of my goals.

Outside of my two goals, cheers for the good times, and thanks for the chance to be Emperor. Unfortunately short lived, I was hoping that I would have taken the seat from Ediije, when I sent a note to the current council, and Immortals stating in no uncertain terms that I was challenging the Throne around the 530 hr mark. I still don't understand why this fell on deaf ears, there was an Emperor who was not showing up, and a valid candidate, and at that stage all seats occupied except for Shadow Sect. If the reason was the council was not full, well that makes it kind of easy to remain Emperor completely unchallenged, so this might need to be reviewed. But either way it happened eventually.

Varric was a tough SOB! I realized this around the middle of my time when the village, outlander, entropy, fort and tribunal. All came to the lands for a good old fashioned beat down! The build concept was very simple and certainly something that could be repeated, except for perhaps a few little secrets I am going to guard close to my chest.
Sword/Mace (Mace of which I used very occasionally)
Ward/Cry

I could completely end raids just by logging in, and I could end retrievals just by standing near the palace. It got to the point where I had a level of comfort walking away from my laptop rather than hold concern for a raid/retrieval.

Fort:
Naevar, I enjoyed the one on one fights, you got me a few times, because you were willing to take that risk and go for glory. I respect this play style and found it refreshing.
Arsaiya, I will say the same of you, you went for gold you won some you lost some. Enjoyed the fights.
Unfortunately nearly all the rest I cant say the same. Some particularly bad moments:
- Allowing an enemy to sleep in your cabal rather than defend, there were a number of times when I was around the 200hp mark, and could just sleep away til my heart was content. I know you were close because I saw you recall from the Watcher when I attacked the Maran.
- Raiding getting the Codex and placing it, only to stay at the Watcher when I come for it 10-15 seconds after it has been placed
- There were times I expected a retrieval, being just me on, 3 fort in range, but instead either nothing would happen, or eventually a lowbie would be sent.
- The game is alive an vibrant when gear changes hands, people take some risks, and people actually play to their role and the cabal ideals. Rather than waiting for the 4-5 man gankdown show in quicksand.
- Having said all of this tho, I learnt alot with Varric, particularly just how much of a beating I could handle and just how far I could push some things.
- I have some specific things to say but I will save them given the characters are still active.

Battle:
I had alot of respect for you guys, but I certainly had the number on most of you. Having said this alot of you kept coming, it was alot of fun and some of my more memorable fights were against villagers.

Entropy:
I dont have much to say here, I hope some of the Cabal Power related issues get fixed soon.

Outlander:
Tebor, I could never pin you down long enough, slippery bugger.
Rizdyn, the same I had you on the ropes and then you would evade, or my parting blow would miss.
The rest, well those two are a tough act to follow.

Scarab:
Gilador, I could never quite pin you down either, got close a couple of times, enjoyed all the fights.

Tribunal:
Ilyana, you are quite the curious character, looking forward to reading your PBF, seem to have an interesting slant on things.

For now, it will be a small break from CF in regards to doing anything serious. Somewhere I'll me lurking in the background getting ready to unleash something hopefully far scarier than Varric.

Kregan, Sekope, Tarak, Vramun, Vraknar, Jhelruk, Varric

SaagkriFri 30-Nov-18 12:20 AM
Member since 17th Jun 2014
801 posts
#135691, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Varric the Unspoken Rescission..."
In response to Reply #4

I didn't interact with Varric much, but I really enjoyed Kragan as Heaghul and Sekope as Ild. GLWYN

Nhinguehm (Anonymous)Fri 30-Nov-18 06:39 AM
Charter member
#135696, "Well done, in many ways."
In response to Reply #4

Glad we had your company in the Empire. I deeply enjoyed Varric, a formidable foe in PK, an interesting roleplay, but mostly your attitude. You were always positive, not complaining and accepting thigs as they were, always pushing and working in a right direction.

I am sorry my times went downhill in your end... i had told you, but i am glad you had your chance at emperor. Overall, great character, you will be missed.

GLWYN.

JarmelFri 30-Nov-18 05:40 PM
375 posts
#135704, "RE: Well done, in many ways."
In response to Reply #11

Cheers!

You said well before the break that your times were going down.

It made for a very nervous several days when the Vote was on. Cheers for the opportunity.

You are a big boon for Empire keep up the good work!

Rastensol (Anonymous)Fri 30-Nov-18 09:19 AM
Charter member
#135697, "Well done"
In response to Reply #4

Were you already up there in age when you became WM? Didn’t seem long after til you became Emperor. I figured you had to have it locked up. Great job and well done. It seemed well deserved.

Absolutely one character that could dish out damage. Enjoyed the battles a lot. I was happy that you had humansunder there for awhile instead of those two iron swords. Haha.

JarmelFri 30-Nov-18 05:43 PM
375 posts
#135705, "RE: Well done"
In response to Reply #12

I was getting on a bit, more my fault than anything else. As I tend to just hang about when there may not be much to do.

Yeah I thought I would go easy on you and use non-iron instead

Yikaro (Anonymous)Fri 30-Nov-18 10:12 AM
Charter member
#135699, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Varric the Unspoken Rescission..."
In response to Reply #4

Very well done. I liked Varric a lot and you were a pillar of strength for Empire.

You were always dangerous and quick of wit to verbally spar with. I hope you realized it was all purely IC. Nothing but respect for you.

JarmelSat 01-Dec-18 06:09 AM
375 posts
#135713, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Varric the Unspoken Rescission..."
In response to Reply #13

If you are talking about my observations, perhaps I am wrong, perhaps I am way off base, and if so I apologize for that. I also apologize if you feel I am targeting you in particular. This is not the case it was a general observation, and it was one that changed my approach to the point that I nearly completed a raid with nothing more than protection and stoneskin (Which gets dispelled every damn time) because I had zero concern that any of the defenders would pose a threat.

If you an acolyte, why arent you protecting those of the light?
If you are a maran, why are you running away from evil without even a scratch, without even trying?

And I'm not talking the Imperial army showing up, this was just me rocking up.

Over simplistic yes. Were there times when I did not defend yes! Mostly they were because I had teleported somewhere, wrathed, on 200 hp after just getting the Codex back from 3-4 defenders. But if I could make it I would always do my best to give it a go. And I certainly did my share of trying to retrieve.

This was alot longer but i need to stop and say more when the time is right and leave it at that.

Yikaro (Anonymous)Sat 01-Dec-18 09:23 AM
Charter member
#135718, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Varric the Unspoken Rescission..."
In response to Reply #19

I mean. I didn't feel like you were targeting me until now. Man you need to chill.

Our interactions were usually me with one or two others raiding the palace against you and one or two others. Perfectly normal, fair cabal wars-y stuff I thought.

There was one time you and like 3-4 Imperials came for the Orb when just I was on, but I think I was in my young 40s as a solo elf healer and failed to even get back before the watcher was dead.

JarmelSat 01-Dec-18 03:30 PM
375 posts
#135725, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Varric the Unspoken Rescission..."
In response to Reply #23

I already apologised.

But you poked the bear, and I’m not naming names.

laxmanFri 30-Nov-18 07:58 PM
Member since 18th Aug 2003
1867 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#135708, "Well done"
In response to Reply #4

For a while I hoped you could be pulled to the dark side, but then you teamed up with those floofy imperials. I enjoyed our fights, there was a lot of subtle maneuvering that played out and it’s not often people play at that level. In the end I reigned supreme in our matchups but damn you were tough, I really couldn’t take you head on without prepping out the ass and had to get situations where I could riposte you without letting you riposte back. Glad you got a shot at emperor and good luck if you return. I recommend a scarab.

JarmelSat 01-Dec-18 06:22 AM
375 posts
#135714, "RE: Well done"
In response to Reply #17

Yeah Scarab is tempting. Have my Empire, Battle, Trib, Outlander feathers in my cap, so it doesnt leave much else. We will see what happens.

I didnt tend to prep to hard, it was the double edged sword of the build, a bit of luck against me and things could go south. But there are definite changes I could make for whatever I try next.

I did enjoy when your came with a nightwalker, they dont riposte

BlkdrgnFri 30-Nov-18 09:49 PM
Member since 19th Mar 2010
293 posts
#135710, "Man, I love playing against you and playing with you"
In response to Reply #4

I got to experience both of those. As my imperial bard, had a blast with you, you did tend to fight more alone than in groups, but when Nijee was rolling with you, we could do some work for sure.

My opposition, had fun fighting you but you were/are a tough fight no matter who you are but Varric just seemed to have a crap ton of HP so it made it hard to land kills on you and stay long when you dished out the kinda you damage you did through protections. With my current, you sure were a fun fight and I will miss that. GLWYN!

JarmelSat 01-Dec-18 06:26 AM
375 posts
#135715, "RE: Man, I love playing against you and playing with yo..."
In response to Reply #18

Likewise.

If I remember right when I was Vramun you were Ghek?

If it was anything like that time, I am sure it was a hell of alot of fun.

FYI you really pissed me off when Nijee deleted!

BlkdrgnSat 01-Dec-18 10:09 PM
Member since 19th Mar 2010
293 posts
#135726, "Yeah, I was Ghek and Sorry about Nijee"
In response to Reply #21

Just lost my passion in the character. I wanted to get frags and bards require too much to do that and well, evil was in a stride so not having many enemies sucked for me. I think with the upswing the fort has right now, Varric and Nijee woulda had plenty of fun but alas, I deleted during the imperial upswing but perhaps I shoulda just stuck it out some more instead.

EmnonTue 01-Jan-19 09:37 AM
Member since 28th Nov 2015
71 posts
#135886, "Great job with Varric.."
In response to Reply #4

Little late but my CF New Year's resolution is to be more visible
on the forums and such, but I really enjoyed watching your fights
and interacting with you. I liked your spin on Death and how
you incorporated it in your roleplay. Varric was a success
in every way character wise. Long lived and influenced those
around them. Loved all the gifts and sometimes Emnon can
come across harsh and like an ass, but he does live him his
slaves.

Emnon

JarmelThu 03-Jan-19 02:58 PM
375 posts
#135903, "RE: Great job with Varric.."
In response to Reply #29

Thanks for the positive feedback!

As I said in my farewell Varric was my first char with a tattoo since my return, and the reasons behind that was one of those "Well that works" kind of moments. The way things were worked for me because once I had the tattoo I was very much "I should go to the shrine, but what if they have had a ####ty day at work"

Cheers again, likely someday there will be another follower.

IlyanaFri 04-Jan-19 04:10 AM
Member since 08th Nov 2018
44 posts
#135907, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Varric the Unspoken Rescission..."
In response to Reply #4

Jarmel! No wonder I'm a fan and it was a pleasure interacting with you - both from the time you and Nhinguehm first beat me, to later friendlier conversations. GLWYN, sir!

saam (Anonymous)Thu 29-Nov-18 12:25 PM
Charter member
#135683, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Varric the Unspoken Rescission..."
In response to Reply #0

damnit

thats a bad Varric
-spanks you. Hard.-

and btw, its complete rp reasons why I didnt accept a certain thing and all that comes with it. My char is still living but it will all be explained when he is dead and gone

btw we really needed you atm, team fortie has a constant high amount of heroes on anymore. team evil is hurting x.x

JarmelThu 29-Nov-18 06:08 PM
375 posts
#135687, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Varric the Unspoken Rescission..."
In response to Reply #3

Saam,

Appreciate the chats. If we had crossed paths again things may have been different. But I wasn't likely to go back on what I said in one of our discussions. I agree, on the fort side of things, but things will turn around.

Good luck!

Naevar (Anonymous)Thu 29-Nov-18 11:27 AM
Charter member
#135682, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Varric the Unspoken Rescission..."
In response to Reply #0

Well played Sir. I had immense respect for you as an enemy, always. You were dangerous and we had so many good battles one on one you scared me every fight with those crazy flurries. You absolutely deserved emperor, and when Edijee got it and deleted I thought... wow, what a waste. Pity you got it so close to age-death. With sigil.. you were a monster. GLWYN and again, kudos to you!

JarmelThu 29-Nov-18 06:11 PM
375 posts
#135688, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Varric the Unspoken Rescission..."
In response to Reply #2

I respected you as well.

As for Sigil, when I lost it I wasnt overly concerned, I got way more fights without it, which is what I enjoy. So IC I wanted Dread Lord but ... actually I wont go into a few things active char and all ... This did however work for me OOC because the fights started to come back.

Casual Observer (Anonymous)Thu 29-Nov-18 08:33 AM
Charter member
#135680, "No wonder you were going balls to the walls last night!"
In response to Reply #0

Nt

JarmelThu 29-Nov-18 06:16 PM
375 posts
#135689, "RE: No wonder you were going balls to the walls last ni..."
In response to Reply #1

Not really. I tend to play a high risk threshold. Anyone can have a full set of legendary equipment and keep it forever and never die its not hard, putting that gear to use is another matter.

EG, I will retrieve and have retrieved 5 v 1 as long as I have a slim chance of escape (EG can word/teleport)

The hunt and insects changes this somewhat, but I still look for a chance.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #135678 Previous topic | Next topic