Subject: "(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Dhuzir Darkbeard the Apostle of Gree..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #135116
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 17-Sep-18 03:12 AM
Member since 24th Apr 2024
16807 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#135116, "(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Dhuzir Darkbeard the Apostle of Greed, Emperor of Thera"

Mon Sep 17 03:08:17 2018

At 12 o'clock PM, Day of the Bull, 29th of the Month of the Great Evil
on the Theran calendar Dhuzir perished, never to return.

Race:duergar
Class:shaman
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:482

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Dhuzir Darkbeard the Apostle of ..., Dhuzir (Anonymous), 18-Sep-18 02:04 PM, #5
Reply RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Dhuzir Darkbeard the Apostle of ..., Rahsael, 18-Sep-18 02:31 PM, #6
Reply details?, laxman, 18-Sep-18 05:22 PM, #7
Reply totally uninformed assumption, Dallevian, 18-Sep-18 06:04 PM, #8
     Reply There you go., Rahsael, 18-Sep-18 08:05 PM, #9
          Reply RE: There you go., Kstatida, 20-Sep-18 11:22 AM, #22
Reply Correct me if I'm wrong, Dhuzir (Anonymous), 19-Sep-18 01:28 AM, #12
     Reply Balator Villagers are good and evil. Depends on the ind..., TheBluestThumb, 19-Sep-18 01:34 AM, #13
     Reply I was so tempted to full you and hold your evil-only ge..., Mcbeth, 19-Sep-18 10:57 AM, #14
          Reply Giving away, Twist, 19-Sep-18 12:25 PM, #15
          Reply I like when that stuff is hoarded, robdarken_, 19-Sep-18 12:44 PM, #16
               Reply I agree with this to an extent but, TheBluestThumb, 19-Sep-18 01:10 PM, #17
                    Reply RE: I agree with this to an extent but, robdarken_, 19-Sep-18 01:39 PM, #18
                    Reply It's there on a reboot, Kstatida, 20-Sep-18 11:18 AM, #21
Reply White bread, laxman, 18-Sep-18 08:07 PM, #10
     Reply yah, he was totally fine. there are lots, Dallevian, 18-Sep-18 09:28 PM, #11
     Reply Re: 3 paths, Destuvius, 19-Sep-18 05:37 PM, #19
          Reply dude, Dallevian, 19-Sep-18 06:16 PM, #20
          Reply Disregard that, Kstatida, 20-Sep-18 11:23 AM, #23
Reply Hope you had fun., Nhinguehm (Anonymous), 17-Sep-18 03:58 PM, #3
Reply Worst Emperor ever....nt, Empire (Anonymous), 17-Sep-18 04:33 AM, #1
     Reply Sorry he anathed you, Kstatida, 17-Sep-18 07:54 AM, #2
     Reply Not....nt, ice king, 18-Sep-18 12:25 AM, #4

Dhuzir (Anonymous)Tue 18-Sep-18 02:04 PM
Charter member
#135123, "RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Dhuzir Darkbeard the Apostle of ..."
In response to Reply #0

Finally done with Dhuzir. Was a comeback character after a break of two years. I'd forgotten almost everything (again) when I started, learned a lot on the way thanks to so many people. Was my first empowered char past lvl 25, was my first char in Empire so there was a ton a things to learn and I think I did. I never aimed for High Priest or Emperor but I tried to stick through some rough times and it payed off. I really struggled fighting Drissa and Shapa paladins and that was for 300+ hrs or so of my character's life and those were some tough times but again, I learned a lot from that.

I want to thank Morius for being such a cool imm. I've never been too good with RP, but you really made things possible and fun. If not for you, I'd probably have deleted much earlier. Thanks for all the various imms for interactions except for the last one which felt really ooc and silly. Yes, I know where you were coming from but still.

So I had pain, breaker and divine anger paths. They are all great and I can recommend those for anyone trying out a shaman. If you players have any questions regarding those, I'm happy to answer from by brief experience with them.

Kadavarn, I feel you are still angry with how things ended up with you but I can assure you there was never anything OOC with you ending up anathema. I told you how things went IC and that's how it was. I never had any OOC connection to Drissa and I died to her at the Watcher out of my own stupidity and newbieness.

Thanks for all the Imperials along the way. Fun times. Thanks for all the enemies, good fights.

I hope I won't return but we'll see.

RahsaelTue 18-Sep-18 02:31 PM
Member since 05th May 2017
232 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#135124, "RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Dhuzir Darkbeard the Apostle of ..."
In response to Reply #5

I'm not interested in starting an argument, but I want to clear the record. I (and others) considered your actions that led to that last interaction either OOC and lame or IC and silly. The interaction was logical and completely in line with what a sentient, good-aligned being in Thera would do. Long story short, if you treat NPCs as mindless containers, you might be in for the occasional surprise.

All that said, you handled yourself well during rough times for your cabal and were certainly well rewarded for it as one of the few shamans ever to receive 3 paths. None of this is to suggest that your character overall was anything less than quality. I just want you to understand where I was coming from. As someone who has rooted for you in fights, there was no malice there.

laxmanTue 18-Sep-18 05:22 PM
Member since 18th Aug 2003
1867 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#135127, "details?"
In response to Reply #6

Now that both imm and mortals have referenced this incident perhaps expand for those of us in the cheap seats?

DallevianTue 18-Sep-18 06:04 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1618 posts
#135128, "totally uninformed assumption"
In response to Reply #7

is that it references him stashing good only gear on good mobs instead of holding, sac'ing, or whatever

RahsaelTue 18-Sep-18 08:05 PM
Member since 05th May 2017
232 posts
#135129, "There you go."
In response to Reply #8

It's a decision that makes perfect mechanical sense when completely divorced from RP. But we don't like you to be completely divorced from RP.

So you all can take this as fair warning that if we see you doing something like that, that mob might have a moment of IMM-induced lucidity that could come around to bite you. There are a lot of places to hide or stash gear if that's something you really want to do.

KstatidaThu 20-Sep-18 11:22 AM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#135150, "RE: There you go."
In response to Reply #9

>It's a decision that makes perfect mechanical sense when completely divorced from RP. But we don't like you to be completely divorced from RP.

Not so much. Goodies not killing goodies is an IC thing. Evils knowing goodies don't kill goodies is an IC thing too. Evils being malicious pricks is an IC thing too.

So... what's the problem? Implying the mob can't give it to the original holder? He's a dumb villager, how would he know, even if goodie two-shoes?

Dhuzir (Anonymous)Wed 19-Sep-18 01:28 AM
Charter member
#135133, "Correct me if I'm wrong"
In response to Reply #6

But I think Balator villagers are evil-aligned. That's why I thought it was a bit strange for an evil-align mob to go give some items to a paladin. Yeah, maybe it was a douche move to hold onto those items, but seriously, lashing belt, heartseekers and hummingbird pendant is just a nightmare to fight against and I speak from experience as I fought Drissa for 200+ hours with those. But yeah, maybe it was my time to go anyway.

TheBluestThumbWed 19-Sep-18 01:34 AM
Member since 09th Jan 2013
186 posts
#135134, "Balator Villagers are good and evil. Depends on the ind..."
In response to Reply #12

fff

McbethWed 19-Sep-18 10:57 AM
Member since 21st Jul 2015
257 posts
#135135, "I was so tempted to full you and hold your evil-only ge..."
In response to Reply #12

Glad I didn't stoop to your level, it would not have been in character for Drissa. You seemed like a huge newb so not surprised to hear this was your first one back in a while.

I'm sure others disagree with me that it's a #### move, but some ideas for the future that are IMO a little less douchey than holding stuff you cannot use and spamming word of recall:

1) Sac the gear that you think is a nightmare to fight against, it's likely that if you do this semi-frequently a different goody will get it because of how repops on requested gear work.

2) Give the gear to a different lighty if you really don't want it getting back to who you took it from (or a neutral in the case of that belt) - great option because then you can't die horribly and give it all back, plus potential for screwing over the lighty who took gifts from the evil emperor

3) Nut up (probably not a great option if you believe you have no chance against a certain player with certain pieces of gear, but always makes you look good)

TwistWed 19-Sep-18 12:25 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
#135136, "Giving away"
In response to Reply #14

One thing I've seen several Imperials do is give away (or sell, for better RP) those good-only things to a good aligned Tribunal, as they are unlikely to fight them as often (and the Tribby is often fighting Outlanders).

Sometimes it can be hard to sell and even impossible to give away because the goody will be like "I'll not take anything from you, evildoer!"

But usually you can find someone.

Disclaimer: I am not currently playing a good-align Tribunal.

robdarken_Wed 19-Sep-18 12:41 PM
Member since 09th Sep 2009
373 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#135137, "I like when that stuff is hoarded"
In response to Reply #14
Edited on Wed 19-Sep-18 12:44 PM

Goodie progging #### is too easy to get and does too much, so I love when it's deliberately kept from them. It's always "worthless" and "evil gear is so much better", but when somebody is hoarding your anal beads and bird pendants I never hear the end of it.

Good on him. The only gear hoarders I don't approve of are Heralds, since they don't really participate in PK. Basically if you #### around in the inn too long you should get your #### purged.

TheBluestThumbWed 19-Sep-18 01:10 PM
Member since 09th Jan 2013
186 posts
#135138, "I agree with this to an extent but"
In response to Reply #16

It sounds like Dhuzir was stashing it on random goodie villagers in Balator. So he wouldn't have it himself if you killed him. That's just a lame loophole to dodge the goodie #### getting looted if you die.

robdarken_Wed 19-Sep-18 01:39 PM
Member since 09th Sep 2009
373 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#135139, "RE: I agree with this to an extent but"
In response to Reply #17

Yeah fair enough. From what I gather, I actually like the imm response here as long as the motivation wasn't just to meddle because they don't like hoarding.

Just pointing out the other perspective about hoarding in general: as an evil player, if I died with something that progs for anything like big damage, lash (granted I think this is neutral too, but at least they have to fight for it), unparalyze, significant healing, you name it, I never saw it again, not even on an ally, probably I never got to wear it in the first place. Nevermind hell gear.

So I got no sympathy. Ragers hoarded some of my only good cursed mamlauk options when giant sword w/ crashing of waves was flavor of the month.

If they didn't I would have wrecked them like I was before elf-reaver finally got sac'd (and Ahtieli had claw of draco my entire life). Didn't ruin my fun, just made me feel important.

It's like, not an event to me if somebody is hoarding your cheese, whether they can use it or not. PK them and get it back (which goes to your point).

KstatidaThu 20-Sep-18 11:18 AM
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#135149, "It's there on a reboot"
In response to Reply #17

So it's not even hoarding.

laxmanTue 18-Sep-18 08:07 PM
Member since 18th Aug 2003
1867 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#135130, "White bread"
In response to Reply #5

Dhuzir was fine. He didn’t do anything to really stand out individually or as a leader. But he also wasn’t much of an asshole (aside from trying to hoard good only items). I think getting 3 shaman paths was a bit of disservice to players who contributed in more significant ways to actual game play but I guess as a new imm morius can splurge a little.

Maybe I just caught the character late in life past the burnout point but I kept hoping for more from an emperor.

DallevianTue 18-Sep-18 09:28 PM
1618 posts
#135131, "yah, he was totally fine. there are lots"
In response to Reply #10

of roman emperors no one remembers. Dhuzir was one of those, lost in antiquity

DestuviusWed 19-Sep-18 05:37 PM
Member since 08th Oct 2013
1012 posts
#135141, "Re: 3 paths"
In response to Reply #10

For anyone who wants to make this a thing, it was a me decision more than a Morius decision. The char was long lived and in a dead cabal taking beatings day in and day out. That is totally reward worthy, and lets be real, a 3rd shaman path is not nearly as awesome as people make it out to be.

Lots of the paths have little to no prep affects or pre-fight things to use. It offers a handful of more tools to use in the middle of combat but a shaman can still only commune 1 sup at at time so it doesn't really hold as much sway as say a warrior who gets a 3rd legacy that is a passive affect (like when I gave whispers to Luciaquos).

DallevianWed 19-Sep-18 06:16 PM
1618 posts
#135142, "dude"
In response to Reply #19

anyone complaining about a decent char in that situation getting a boost...is lame

thanks for rewarding the guy (he was my enemy too!) and please keep it up. rewards are more fun than nothing

KstatidaThu 20-Sep-18 11:23 AM
2214 posts
#135151, "Disregard that"
In response to Reply #19

and give it to me too plx

Nhinguehm (Anonymous)Mon 17-Sep-18 03:58 PM
Charter member
#135119, "Hope you had fun."
In response to Reply #0

I think you did very well overall.

Considering the high numbers Fort had when you got HP/Emperor, it was a struggle. But you stood and kept trucking.
Now that we are starting to punch back from time to time, you are gone?

I believe you learned a lot with this character, so hurry up, roll a new one and return to the Empire, we still need numbers!

I had fun with you around, hope you got your share of fun as well.

GLWYN.

Empire (Anonymous)Mon 17-Sep-18 04:33 AM
Charter member
#135117, "Worst Emperor ever....nt"
In response to Reply #0

Nt

KstatidaMon 17-Sep-18 07:54 AM
2214 posts
#135118, "Sorry he anathed you"
In response to Reply #1

That's not what anonymous is for.

Dhuzir was fine, just a punching bag, which is not really a crime.

ice kingTue 18-Sep-18 12:25 AM
Member since 08th Nov 2016
162 posts
#135120, "Not....nt"
In response to Reply #1

nT

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #135116 Previous topic | Next topic