Subject: "(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Zah Bloodfist the Juggernaut of War..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #134567
Show all folders

Death_AngelSat 14-Jul-18 08:00 PM
Member since 19th Apr 2024
16796 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#134567, "(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Zah Bloodfist the Juggernaut of War, Champion of the Massacre"

Sat Jul 14 19:56:42 2018

At 12 o'clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 12th of the Month of Futility
on the Theran calendar Zah perished, never to return.

Race:cloud
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:457

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Brute., Panmorne, 17-Jul-18 01:49 PM, #19
Reply More concerned with playing your role than gear and rat..., Relio, 15-Jul-18 06:53 PM, #14
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Zah Bloodfist the Juggernaut of..., xyfa, 15-Jul-18 10:46 AM, #10
Reply That was a very long ride., Zah (Anonymous), 14-Jul-18 09:10 PM, #2
Reply Simply outstanding, Drissa (Anonymous), 14-Jul-18 09:42 PM, #4
Reply I liked Zah a lot., Saagkri, 14-Jul-18 11:01 PM, #5
Reply I don't think I ever got any of your shifters, Zah (Anonymous), 15-Jul-18 06:32 AM, #9
Reply I liked it, Leodos/wakazoey (Anonymous), 15-Jul-18 12:57 AM, #6
Reply That one time you caught me in Veran I was so pissed., Zah (Anonymous), 15-Jul-18 06:27 AM, #8
Reply RE: That was a very long ride., Rahsael, 15-Jul-18 01:24 AM, #7
Reply Loved some Zah, Korsgaard, 15-Jul-18 12:43 PM, #11
Reply Great reward, especially since there was a flood of Ass..., Zah (Anonymous), 16-Jul-18 03:40 AM, #17
Reply RE: That was a very long ride., Cojerluz , slayer of scary giants. (Anonymous), 15-Jul-18 01:19 PM, #12
Reply Posted the log to dios, it was a great and brutal fight..., Zah (Anonymous), 16-Jul-18 03:33 AM, #15
Reply Big Beastie Bastid!, Ysaloerye, 15-Jul-18 06:36 PM, #13
Reply Thank you., Zah (Anonymous), 16-Jul-18 03:36 AM, #16
Reply RE: That was a very long ride., Svakas (Anonymous), 16-Jul-18 10:55 AM, #18
Reply It was a sad day when you deleted., Zah (Anonymous), 19-Jul-18 04:34 AM, #22
Reply RE: That was a very long ride., Jormyr, 18-Jul-18 05:27 PM, #20
     Reply RE: That was a very long ride., Zah (Anonymous), 19-Jul-18 04:31 AM, #21
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Zah Bloodfist the Juggernaut of..., Morius, 14-Jul-18 08:27 PM, #1
     Reply Awesome echos, thank you., Zah (Anonymous), 14-Jul-18 09:17 PM, #3

PanmorneTue 17-Jul-18 01:49 PM
Member since 03rd Jul 2018
28 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#134603, "Brute."
In response to Reply #0

Though we didn't interact a lot, I had a lot of fun when we did. Your vast difference from Panmorne was great tension. The fact that you were always blunt and up front about it gets a thumbs up from me.

RelioSun 15-Jul-18 06:53 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2014
246 posts
#134589, "More concerned with playing your role than gear and rat..."
In response to Reply #0

Hell yea, dude. We need more like you!

xyfaSun 15-Jul-18 10:46 AM
Member since 03rd Mar 2018
150 posts
#134579, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Zah Bloodfist the Juggernaut of..."
In response to Reply #0

Big thumbsup from me. I never had a bad interaction with Zah and you always went out of your way to interact either before or after the fights, which added a lot of depth. They were also just really fun fights since I never knew which way they would go. Looking forward to seeing you around on your next one!

Zah (Anonymous)Sat 14-Jul-18 09:10 PM
Charter member
#134569, "That was a very long ride."
In response to Reply #0

When I first rolled Zah he was nothing more than a throwaway. I had an itch I hadn't scratched in more than a decade and felt a traditional RBW build would be a good place to find fun PKs for a rusty player like myself. Hell, I don't think I added my first role chapter till level 48 or something.

At first Zah was the perfect Villager. Did everything by the books, plain, neutral, boring. Then he met Jormyr. For all the drama Zah brought to the Village, Fortress and forums, you now know who to blame!

One thing I really learnt from Zah, which I've never done in the past, is how to evolve a character over time. Who Zah was and who Zah become were very different characters and it something I encourage everyone to try. It adds a huge amount of depth and longevity to your characters.

Which moves me onto my farewells:

Immortals:

First and foremost, Jormyr: thank you for taking the time and effort to invest in Zah. Without your interaction and guidance Zah would not have been even half the fun he was and he certainly would've deleted long ago. I do hope I finally got the hang of your religion, looking back at my logs I think you bonked me on the head 4 or 5 times for getting it wrong. I also hope the drama I seemed to continually cause didn't give you too much of a headache!

Panmorne: We didn't interact too much but I rated you very highly. When I first read your helpfile I thought we were going to clash like crazy (you and Jormyr have very conflicting beliefs!), but you were extremely classy and likeable. I also want to thank you for running the Rites, it is something I've always wanted to experience and I had an absolute blast. It is a bit unfortunate that I think every participant is now gone.

Rahsael: Thank you for the very cool and creepy interactions over the past couple of days. Your religion seems like a lot of fun and would definitely like to try a follower in the near future.

Battle:
It's funny, I don't feel like I have many goodbyes to say as everyone went up and deleted recently!

Ghar: Hope you get a leadership position. It is a shame you missed the Rites, I suspect you may have got the time conversion wrong. I did too but actually logged in what I thought was an hour early to get ready and happened to find myself just in time.

Drizzo: Strange name but cool character, keep at it.

Doryur: I didn't want to post in your farewell at risk of causing it to create further unnecessary drama. What I will say is you were right to challenge Zah. As mentioned, Zah was not the perfect Villager, he was a marked follower of the God of War and Destruction. I absolutely would push the boundaries to incite conflict and I was completely content with being kicked out of the Village or turned Evil for it. Towards the end I was actively gunning for it.

Fort:
I kind of suspect you guys will be both relieved and a bit upset I'm gone. Relieved because I was constantly causing havoc at the Fortress but maybe upset because I probably kept things interesting.

Drissa: One crazy tough mofo. You now also get ranked amongst the likes of Glik, Bakmarr and Igos in my books. I loved our interactions, I loved pushing your buttons. Neither of us were enemies at all but Zah did love making you attack him.

Aurew: The true Martyr. As you said, you interactions today will never be forgotten. I loved every moment of it, including my death which felt extremely fitting. A very cool character, keep it up.

Aehwic: Another cool character, unfortunately in PK you really didn't have much hope against me. A Cloud RBW with ~80svs and Calming the Tempest is ridiculously OP vs. invokers. Still I admired your determination.

Others:
Luciaquos: Great fights, we both have the defenses of a potato and hit like trucks. This meant they were over very quickly. I would often flee, look back at the log and realise "oh #### I was winning, I shouldn't have fled" or see you flee when you were winning.

Unda: We didn't interact often but were both long lived. Extremely tough Mummy which I doubt I would have ever taken down solo. Sorry about the Arena Championship, without your Zombies it was hardly a fair fight. Although I have no idea how close it was as I was thirsting.

Fugamada: Orcs are always rough for Villagers, it doesn't matter how much damage I dish out it just feels like you soak it up dish it back. Fun fights and very tough character.

I definitely know I've missed people, so I apologise in advance. I'll be sure to respond to anyone I've forgotten.

Finally, I just want to say a huge thank you to everyone who makes this game happen. The level of joy and entertainment this game brings at no cost is something we all take for granted.

Drissa (Anonymous)Sat 14-Jul-18 09:42 PM
Charter member
#134572, "Simply outstanding"
In response to Reply #2

Zah was in a rare class of CF characters that have real depth, consistent yet also evolving over time in response to the events of their lives. Thanks for keeping things interesting, I also loved our interactions, even if Drissa came to despise you.

I began logging all our interactions eventually and will post some of them at a later date.

SaagkriSat 14-Jul-18 11:01 PM
Member since 17th Jun 2014
801 posts
#134574, "I liked Zah a lot."
In response to Reply #2

I crossed your path as Serris, Acra and Odoe. We didn't have too much to discus, but when we did interact, it was always entertaining. As a player, I was always rooting for Zah (when you were not fighting me). GLWYN

Zah (Anonymous)Sun 15-Jul-18 06:32 AM
Charter member
#134578, "I don't think I ever got any of your shifters"
In response to Reply #5

A clear sign you know what you're doing as I found Shifter by far the easiest class to kill. I'd normally catch them off guard at least once with my one trick - entwine; callblood/berserk/cry; spam lash 'shifter name'.

The aim being when they revert to word (often very late in the fight), my lash would catch them vulnerable out of form and finish them.

I also I suspect I know another character you're currently playing, assuming you're still rocking deadly shifters, although I might be wrong.

Leodos/wakazoey (Anonymous)Sun 15-Jul-18 12:57 AM
Charter member
#134575, "I liked it"
In response to Reply #2

I really liked that you did a villager that danced in the gray area and did so in a good way instead of a power gaming one. You stepped up and took the downsides that came with that path without flinching. Mad respect.

I enjoyed our fights and good luck with your next.

Zah (Anonymous)Sun 15-Jul-18 06:27 AM
Charter member
#134577, "That one time you caught me in Veran I was so pissed."
In response to Reply #6

You timed it perfectly ambushing me just as the Felar misdirected.

Then I realised on twitter it was actually the mob that killed me, so I felt a little vindicated!

RahsaelSun 15-Jul-18 01:24 AM
Member since 05th May 2017
232 posts
#134576, "RE: That was a very long ride."
In response to Reply #2

You were great - an absolute class act from what I saw, and just a really solid character. It seemed like you really were in Zah's skin. Well done.

(Side note: I felt pretty awful about that moment in the shrine earlier. It didn't occur to me you were getting bounced back and forth until it was too late. It was not planned, but it did seem kind of appropriate in hindsight.)

KorsgaardSun 15-Jul-18 12:43 PM
Member since 03rd Oct 2017
76 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#134582, "Loved some Zah"
In response to Reply #2

I enjoyed the Zah role and you were definitely top notch at playing the part of the big, brutish mage slayer. Hope you enjoyed the reward and had some fun along the way.

Very well done! Good luck with the next!!!

Zah (Anonymous)Mon 16-Jul-18 03:40 AM
Charter member
#134597, "Great reward, especially since there was a flood of Ass..."
In response to Reply #11

I hope I made things a bit more interesting for you at the Fortress, half the time I was antagonising the Maran or Drissa I almost expected you personally to rock up and turn me evil.

Cojerluz , slayer of scary giants. (Anonymous)Sun 15-Jul-18 01:19 PM
Charter member
#134583, "RE: That was a very long ride."
In response to Reply #2

You were always scary to this little invoker tribunal. The fight were I got you was without a doubt the highlight of his life.

I couldn't believe it actually happened, I always wondered if you died "intentionally" because of RP reasons or if it was actually something I did. Was it something like "I am mighty Zah!, I do not flee from the enforcer" or something like that?

Anyway, our interaction afterwards was the funniest ever. Thank you for putting fear in this now deceased gnome invoker.

Zah (Anonymous)Mon 16-Jul-18 03:33 AM
Charter member
#134595, "Posted the log to dios, it was a great and brutal fight..."
In response to Reply #12

As for not retreating, I think I was worried I'd be trapped. You were spamming close door and I thought without Thirst I'd die for sure. With Thirst I might kill everyone and wait it out.

YsaloeryeSun 15-Jul-18 06:36 PM
Member since 09th Apr 2006
315 posts
#134588, "Big Beastie Bastid!"
In response to Reply #2

Loved Zah!
You were everything I would want in a Villager and a Commander.

Zah (Anonymous)Mon 16-Jul-18 03:36 AM
Charter member
#134596, "Thank you."
In response to Reply #13

I will definitely be back in the Village at some point, it is by far my favorite cabal.

I only wish I could log in more often, unfortunately being Australian means my prime game time (my time of posting this) is the dead of night for everyone else. This made me feel guilty for taking a leadership position.

Svakas (Anonymous)Mon 16-Jul-18 10:55 AM
Charter member
#134598, "RE: That was a very long ride."
In response to Reply #2

Man, Zah was like a father figure to Svakas. It was my first villager ever, and Zah was the perfect person to learn the village from. Thank you for being classy all the way to the end.

GLWYN

Zah (Anonymous)Thu 19-Jul-18 04:34 AM
Charter member
#134626, "It was a sad day when you deleted."
In response to Reply #18

I felt like you were on a similar journey to me (at least Zah's younger days). When I first rolled I was 100% noob. Poor at PK, I did not know the Village and I was learning as I went.

I think you stuck it out you would've gotten a better handle of your build and become quite beastly.

JormyrWed 18-Jul-18 05:27 PM
Member since 31st Dec 2014
419 posts
#134616, "RE: That was a very long ride."
In response to Reply #2

>At first Zah was the perfect Villager. Did everything by the
>books, plain, neutral, boring. Then he met Jormyr. For all the
>drama Zah brought to the Village, Fortress and forums, you now
>know who to blame!

Hah. On the good side of that...like Jormyr pushes for...change
is good. Some of it I even had to shift on the go for.

>One thing I really learnt from Zah, which I've never done in
>the past, is how to evolve a character over time. Who Zah was
>and who Zah become were very different characters and it
>something I encourage everyone to try. It adds a huge amount
>of depth and longevity to your characters.

That's among my favorite things for characters. It's also among
the best uses of role, being able to describe change and progress.

>Which moves me onto my farewells:
>
>Immortals:
>
>First and foremost, Jormyr: thank you for taking the time and
>effort to invest in Zah. Without your interaction and guidance
>Zah would not have been even half the fun he was and he
>certainly would've deleted long ago. I do hope I finally got
>the hang of your religion, looking back at my logs I think you
>bonked me on the head 4 or 5 times for getting it wrong. I
>also hope the drama I seemed to continually cause didn't give
>you too much of a headache!

If it makes you feel better, probably only the first very few were
getting the religion wrong. The majority of them were to make
certain Zah questioned what he thought. That said, Jormyr FINALLY
ran into one task that I didn't manage to yell at a follower.

>Panmorne: We didn't interact too much but I rated you very
>highly. When I first read your helpfile I thought we were
>going to clash like crazy (you and Jormyr have very
>conflicting beliefs!), but you were extremely classy and
>likeable. I also want to thank you for running the Rites, it
>is something I've always wanted to experience and I had an
>absolute blast. It is a bit unfortunate that I think every
>participant is now gone.

Booooooo. Panmorne bad. Jormyr good.

Zah definitely took to Jormyr far more than I ever expected, so
well I even had to take a step back as Battle-Imm. If you weren't
so clear on the "I don't know that I want to be Commander" stance,
the challenge to remove you probably would have been handled
differently, but it seemed as though you were as (or moreso)
happier without the pressure of leadership. One of my favorite
comments about you came from Destuvius (and he can correct me if
I misquote him) along the lines of

"The secret to Battle's never changed; all you have to do is be a
classy assbeater, and the praise flows. Unfortunately, too many
forget the classy part."

Zah pushed limits, but as far as I ever saw, he did it in a way
that made it fun and interesting for the game.

Zah (Anonymous)Thu 19-Jul-18 04:31 AM
Charter member
#134625, "RE: That was a very long ride."
In response to Reply #20

On the leadership piece, the reason I stepped down was because I felt I couldn't log enough hours. As mentioned elsewhere in this thread, I can't really play during the week due to time conversion.

This meant I tried to put in solid sessions on Saturday and Sunday, but also meant if other players didn't play during those times I couldn't catch them. This was okay when I had a solid DM (Durnot was great), but even then I felt guilty for holding a desired leadership slot.

Towards the end I don't think I could've taken leader without causing mass chaos. I would have absolutely brought war to everyone, everywhere and I already had the likes of Grime on my back for just the Fort war. To be honest, I kind of hoped you would let me, it would have been fun, but may not have ended well for Zah.

Anyway, thank you again. I'll definitely be back in the Village at some point in the future.

MoriusSat 14-Jul-18 08:27 PM
Member since 08th Feb 2018
25 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#134568, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Zah Bloodfist the Juggernaut of..."
In response to Reply #0

Great character. You caused strife everywhere, from what I watched, including the village. Your fights were wonderful to see. Since I missed a lot of character development, I was wondering what those last roles were implying with the depressing tone they had.

In case you missed your echoes:

http://www.carrionfields.net/gechoes.php

Bloody and battered, Zah Bloodfist sinks to the floor as his life pours from his body.
Despite his fading breath, his eyes glare outward, a gaze of both determination and fury.
Magi, all across Thera, slowly crawl out of their hovels as the news spreads.
But a single, final roar from the dying juggernaut sends them back to hiding once more.

"here strife is waged in swiftness of foot and in doughty deeds of strength: but he that overcometh hath, on either hand, for the rest of his life, the sweetest calm" - For Hieron of Syracuse Single Horse Race 476 B. C., The Olympian Odes, Pindar

"In the center was Fear worked in adamant, unspeakable, staring backwards with eyes that glowed with fire. His mouth was full of teeth in a white row, fearful and daunting, and upon his grim brow hovered frightful Strife who arrays the throng of men: pitiless she, for she took away the mind and senses of poor wretches who made war against " - Shield of Heracles, Hesiod

Zah (Anonymous)Sat 14-Jul-18 09:17 PM
Charter member
#134570, "Awesome echos, thank you."
In response to Reply #1

I often wonder what I should or should not put in my role. The last role entry was specifically for Jormyr as it revolved around a specific interaction with him. Should I just call that out at the beginning? You're right in that it would not have made much sense to anyone else.

The entry prior was basically me acknowledging I was going to CON die, but this was okay as it was a fitting end to follower of Jormyr.

I was also trying to communicate that I'm okay with being turned evil. I know it carries a pretty harsh penalty which is why I assume you don't do it often but I felt it was hard to truly embrace Jormyr's religion without becoming a little bit evil.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #134567 Previous topic | Next topic