Subject: "(CON LOSS) [TRIBUNAL] Itham the Champion of the Virtues..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #134537
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 11-Jul-18 11:24 PM
Member since 24th Apr 2024
16806 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#134537, "(CON LOSS) [TRIBUNAL] Itham the Champion of the Virtues, Provincial Magistrate"

Wed Jul 11 23:22:12 2018

At 3 o'clock AM, Day of the Bull, 22nd of the Month of the Ancient Darkness
on the Theran calendar Itham perished, never to return.

Race:elf
Class:paladin
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:TRIBUNAL, the Blood Tribunal
Hours:297

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Thoughts..., Itham, 12-Jul-18 02:52 AM, #1
     Reply RE: Thoughts..., incognito, 12-Jul-18 05:10 AM, #2
     Reply Trib AP is solid choice for pvp-hungry player, Kstatida, 12-Jul-18 08:03 AM, #3
     Reply RE: Trib AP is solid choice for pvp-hungry player, incognito, 13-Jul-18 02:18 AM, #6
          Reply Of course not, Kstatida, 13-Jul-18 02:26 AM, #7
               Reply RE: Of course not, incognito, 14-Jul-18 01:51 AM, #8
                    Reply RE: Of course not, Itham, 14-Jul-18 03:09 AM, #9
                         Reply You misunderstood me, incognito, 14-Jul-18 06:21 AM, #11
     Reply That's a lot of classes ruled out, Mcbeth, 12-Jul-18 10:26 AM, #4
     Reply RE: That's a lot of classes ruled out, Itham, 14-Jul-18 03:27 AM, #10
          Reply RE: That's a lot of classes ruled out, incognito, 14-Jul-18 06:24 AM, #12
     Reply The shapeshift r build you're looking for, SPN, 12-Jul-18 05:41 PM, #5
     Reply I win 2-1!!!, Zah (Anonymous), 14-Jul-18 07:01 AM, #13
     Reply Re: Itham, Jormyr, 18-Jul-18 05:08 PM, #14
          Reply RE: Re: Itham, Itham, 20-Jul-18 12:41 AM, #15

IthamThu 12-Jul-18 02:52 AM
Member since 29th Apr 2018
126 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#134539, "Thoughts..."
In response to Reply #0

***The good***

Mentioned some of this in a game play thread...

I started playing CF back when it first started up (or close) and I played for many many years. loved this mud and have a lot of fond memories from it.

I started playing Empire/Scion chars when that cabal got started. I fought in the arena to be the first emperor (lost but did kill the ####er who killed me with bleed damage from the sword he gave me!). Deleted the 4-5 51's Imperials I had. Rolled up a Maran Bard because I had never played either of those 2 things. Played that for 4 months or so and quit to start in on some post college adulting.

Roughly the time frame when I last played...

One day out of the blue CF popped into my head. I went to check for the site and sure as #### it was still up and running!! Not sure of the time frame but I am guessing its been 15 years or more? Maybe one of the imm's knows for sure.

HUGE Thanks!! For the people who have spent the time to make this mud and keep it running over the years! It's been a good source of entertainment for me! I like a lot of the little things that got put in. The quests and small changes were nice to see. Lots of other stuff...

Also another big big thanks to Ehlonyra for the endless adventures and showing me around. Despite playing for years I was basically starting over again because of all of the little changes. I wouldn't of been able to come back and play after all those years without your help. Alemius and Thoglin you were part of this to.

Jormyr...Thanks for the smites and dealing with me to turn me into a more proper ugly redheaded stepchild you didn't want as a follower. Sorry I suck at RP Only imm I got to frequently interact with/chat with IC or OOC...

I'm here to pvp!! Soooo big thanks to those I constantly had to fight...You know who you are, you folks are what keep things interesting and I appreciate the pvp fun. It's definitely more civil then back in the day...

***The Bad***

I didn't con die. I got bored around April. 3 weeks ago I deleted all my characters, but brought them back. I burned through roughly 12 con doing stupid crap. 7 pts to suicides on lunn. I lost interest in the cabal and character. Not sure which came first. The Tribunal cabal is basically the same as it was when first created. That statement is false or course, but it absolutely feels that way. I wanted to be a vindicator not a provincial... after 300 hours or not being able to play what I wanted to play it was time to write this one off...Some imm interactions could of fixed that. Or ultimately I think a small redo on tribunals skills might not hurt and fix it for everyone!

Too much waiting/or pointless time killing stuff in this game and I think its a huge problem.

The other issue I had which is not having anyone in the cabal to be my "partner in anti crime" with... Felt like it was 95% evil characters and me the 1 good align guy. Despite being Tribunals, I felt it was wrong for Itham to go out hunting criminals with evil characters. I sorta had someone with Thoglin, but I couldn't understand him and Jerem was sketchy as a pvp partner. Having people to play with is equally as important as people to play against. The against part was well filled!

I essentially felt I was plying solo the whole time. Solo combined with no cabal or questionable cabal powers was rough. I actually don't understand why manacles doesn't work out of town. Curious why normal magistrates can't get a guard(s) to help them hunt criminals out of town. At one point two of the provincials had guards who helped them out of town. There was a weird inconsistency with that n that bugged the #### out of me.

Seeing 75% of my who list as WANTED just irked the #### out of me and reminded me of how inept the cabal is.

***Suggestions for the next char, anyone?***

I still have 2 51's..

I've played EVERYTHING on this mud cept a healer or shapeshifter. I dislike classes that are basically 1-2 skill classes. Paladins are definitely like that! I I feel most shapeshifters are the same. However I should try one before I stop playing. Any suggestions on them?

I was one of the first druid players, not sure if I can play another due to a bitter taste in my mouth about it.

My last ranger had bears, but was around when they lost them... Rangers seem weak or am I wrong?

I don't like warriors, assassins or thieves.

I've not played a evil conjie but they seem broken...

Won't play a shaman, bard, paladin or invoker...

Suggestions?

Itham.

incognitoThu 12-Jul-18 05:10 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#134540, "RE: Thoughts..."
In response to Reply #1

An ap might suit you. Huge variety of skills and multiple ways of achieving a goal. Can hunt solo when desired.

Transmuter is another possibility.

KstatidaThu 12-Jul-18 08:03 AM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#134541, "Trib AP is solid choice for pvp-hungry player"
In response to Reply #1

It's always fine to go outside the walls to feed your gun.

incognitoFri 13-Jul-18 02:18 AM
4495 posts
#134549, "RE: Trib AP is solid choice for pvp-hungry player"
In response to Reply #3

Except you are a sitting duck for any ap willing to become wanted.

KstatidaFri 13-Jul-18 02:26 AM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#134550, "Of course not"
In response to Reply #6

Trib doesn't equal stupid. It's just well liked by ppl who are fond of sitting and doing nothing.

incognitoSat 14-Jul-18 01:51 AM
4495 posts
#134557, "RE: Of course not"
In response to Reply #7

Except you have to spend time on duty in the city, and can't enter other guilds repeatedly unless a crime is going on.

This means your presence is flagged on the who list for other aps to rush you and kill you.

IthamSat 14-Jul-18 03:09 AM
126 posts
#134558, "RE: Of course not"
In response to Reply #8

Yes N No...

I had plenty of PVP action, actually had a lot of fun fights with a bunch of people from outlander, battle and a few entropy. Most people didn't care about the flag...

My real issue with the tribunal cabal is that it is very close to Player vs player. Small perks like free gold. Nothing wrong with it as a place for a PVP minded person. Its just that you are at a disadvantage...

incognitoSat 14-Jul-18 06:21 AM
4495 posts
#134561, "You misunderstood me"
In response to Reply #9

It's the trib that had a flag on the who list that reveals where he is. That makes him vulnerable.

McbethThu 12-Jul-18 10:26 AM
Member since 21st Jul 2015
257 posts
#134542, "That's a lot of classes ruled out"
In response to Reply #1

Why won't you play warriors? CF warriors, druids, APs are probably the most interesting classes in terms of sheer volume of tricks to pull out for any given fight, and have plenty of kill sealing options... you might like an orc, if you can get over the learning curve? Good orcs do a lot more than spam bash.

Transmuter or AP, like the others said?

Doesn't sound like you'd enjoy a shifter but air/offense, air/defense, air/utility all can be successful in PK. The better shifter players seem to find a lot more to do than flyto/rake but it's going to boil down to that a lot of the time.

I'd avoid Tribunal, in general, since you're here to PVP. Any other cabal except Herald would give you more opportunities on a regular basis.

IthamSat 14-Jul-18 03:23 AM
126 posts
#134559, "RE: That's a lot of classes ruled out"
In response to Reply #4
Edited on Sat 14-Jul-18 03:27 AM

I played for 4-6 Years 15 years? ago. 30 hours a week easy, bad game addiction...

When I last played I had a 51 shaman, 51 warrior, 45ish AP, 51 transmuter 44 invoker at once all in empire/scion whatever it was called back then. Deleted them before I did my final stint with a Maran bard and conjie...

Warriors are great, but just aren't my thing. Mainly anything that requires high amounts of time spent gathering prep ruins the game for me. I believe playing 15 mins after running around to gather preps for 2 hours is lame. Obviously battle ones don't but..meh on that mess... Warriors also seem better now...

I was one of the two first high level druids. From what I was told Sylvan was made in part after my play style. I had fun with the character but don't like them. Dunno why... Been there done that maybe...

I levelled a voker to 51 just so I could say I've been there when I came back. Class is garbage now... Bashed, then DB DB dead... Or just out damage by everyone else. It's not just mine. I watch others ones as comparisons.

Might try a AP once I finish off my other two chars... Not sure what race though.

Played against a few shifters who use multi forms in fights... It's smart. Was also warriors who used both their specs against me on Itham which made me envious and ultimately hate my character. If I played a shifter I'd go double water and complain nobody wants to fight me on the ocean...

incognitoSat 14-Jul-18 06:24 AM
4495 posts
#134562, "RE: That's a lot of classes ruled out"
In response to Reply #10

Uh, you don't understand invokers.

At high level they aren't getting bashed by villagers. Unless they want to be because they are using shield of electricity to kill the guys lagging them, assuming metal weapons.

SPNThu 12-Jul-18 05:41 PM
Member since 24th Oct 2004
352 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#134547, "The shapeshift r build you're looking for"
In response to Reply #1

Is Utility/Utility. With lesser form hardening, it opens up a ton of potential skills if you use all of your tier 1 and 2 forms, and maybe some tier 3 (like camel).

Even though Murph and really got into to it (goodies fighting goodies cause, CF), I always loved his use of so many forms and their different skills.

Zah (Anonymous)Sat 14-Jul-18 07:01 AM
Charter member
#134563, "I win 2-1!!!"
In response to Reply #1

I'm only joking, but you did seem keep a close track of our fights.

I hope I wasn't too rough on you. I could not for the life me figure out how an Orderly Elf Paladin Tribunal was a follower of Jormyr. Zah believed you had to be a poor follower and was determined to teach you some painful lesson about how to be a better one.

Our fights were fun though, straight up 1 vs 1 you smashed me. However once sanc dropped they could end very suddenly.

As for what to play next, I genuinely think you should consider Village (I know I'm biased). If you want comradery, lots of enemies and lots of action I'd strongly encourage something like a Duergar Villager. Everyone will be out to get you and even with a basic set you'll be a force to be reckoned with.

GLWYN.

JormyrWed 18-Jul-18 05:08 PM
Member since 31st Dec 2014
419 posts
#134614, "Re: Itham"
In response to Reply #1

> Jormyr...Thanks for the smites and dealing with me to turn me into
> a more proper ugly redheaded stepchild you didn't want as a
> follower. Sorry I suck at RP Only imm I got to frequently interact
> with/chat with IC or OOC...

Think I was able to discuss most comments right before you died off.
In hindsight, Itham probably wasn't my finest showing for interaction
and development. Although, it does somewhat come down to whether or
not you'd have wanted to Immteraction and push, or if you were
content with what you'd gotten. I was never quiet certain if you
just weren't interested in pushing for more, or burnt out on trying
to go further.

Anyways, glad it seemed like you at least sort of understood where
you were at, and might be around again. Good luck!

IthamFri 20-Jul-18 12:41 AM
126 posts
#134633, "RE: Re: Itham"
In response to Reply #14

What do you mean immteraction and push for more/go further?

N don't worry I am still around, I have 2 other heros to kill off before I roll up the next set of useless toons

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #134537 Previous topic | Next topic