Subject: "(DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Kipple Thiddledrip the Legend of t..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #133763
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 17-Apr-18 11:20 PM
Member since 24th Apr 2024
16806 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#133763, "(DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Kipple Thiddledrip the Legend of the Battlefield, Magistrate of Galadon"

Tue Apr 17 23:19:25 2018

At 5 o'clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 5th of the Month of the Long Shadows
on the Theran calendar Kipple perished, never to return.

Race:gnome
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:TRIBUNAL, the Blood Tribunal
Hours:143

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply I really liked the build idea, Kstatida, 19-Apr-18 10:07 AM, #20
Reply It was a blast, though it was short, Blkdrgn, 18-Apr-18 02:57 PM, #7
Reply RE: It was a blast, though it was short, crom, 18-Apr-18 03:27 PM, #10
Reply Skill learn was most of it, I did get a few betters in ..., Blkdrgn, 18-Apr-18 05:39 PM, #15
     Reply RE: Skill learn was most of it, I did get a few betters..., crom, 18-Apr-18 07:35 PM, #17
Reply RE: It was a blast, though it was short, GilverTheSplitz (Anonymous), 18-Apr-18 07:17 PM, #16
     Reply Man your Manticore was difficult to deal with, Blkdrgn, 18-Apr-18 07:50 PM, #18
          Reply RE: Man your Manticore was difficult to deal with, Silverglitz (Anonymous), 18-Apr-18 10:10 PM, #19
Reply Shrimp!, Rahsael, 18-Apr-18 11:13 AM, #6
Reply RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Kipple Thiddledrip the Legend ..., Durnot (Anonymous), 18-Apr-18 10:44 AM, #5
Reply Make something for Fort!, Drissa (Anonymous), 18-Apr-18 10:09 AM, #4
Reply I liked Drissa as Kipple, Blkdrgn, 18-Apr-18 03:25 PM, #9
     Reply Definitely get it, no hard feelings!, Drissa (Anonymous), 18-Apr-18 04:54 PM, #13
Reply You were a persistent little bugger, Zah (Anonymous), 18-Apr-18 05:14 AM, #3
Reply You were a counter to my build, that's for sure. , Blkdrgn, 18-Apr-18 03:46 PM, #12
     Reply RE: You were a counter to my build, that's for sure. , Zah (Anonymous), 18-Apr-18 05:14 PM, #14
Reply Thumbs up, Chamst (Anonymous), 18-Apr-18 12:29 AM, #2
Reply RE: Thumbs up, Blkdrgn, 18-Apr-18 03:28 PM, #11
Reply RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Kipple Thiddledrip the Legend ..., Jaegendar, 18-Apr-18 12:01 AM, #1
     Reply The Build, Blkdrgn, 18-Apr-18 03:18 PM, #8

KstatidaThu 19-Apr-18 10:07 AM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#133795, "I really liked the build idea"
In response to Reply #0

It's only drawback was being a gnome

BlkdrgnWed 18-Apr-18 02:57 PM
Member since 19th Mar 2010
293 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#133772, "It was a blast, though it was short"
In response to Reply #0

Thanks to all and sorry it didn't last.

The build - I really liked the build even though the vuln blunt hurt a lot. Kipple was durable for a little gnome except to Zah. I thought I'd have a better fight against you but for whatever reason I could never 1. get enough tics of STSF, 1. Evade your entwine even though I had 100% evade and gnomish tactician. I evaded the crap out of some people but I could never evade your enwtine. My HP was 1150 with gear and being able to train hp 20 times was great. I would do gnome warrior again and could see it becoming really fierce if I was able to get blunt resist.

I didn't really delete because of the build tbh. I did it because things became really really stagnant. People wouldn't commit crimes hardly ever so I didn't have much to do a lot of the time, and Tribunal, for whatever reason, just wasn't doing anything.

Rahsael - This is my second attempt at your religion and I was really wanting to go all the way but the previous mentioned aspects about the character was just to much to bare and Kipple became lost in it never to return. I loved the interactions, always kept me on my toes that you did and I would love to go deeper, just not in the well, lol.

I had fun with most people I interacted with and glad most of you enjoyed me.

cromWed 18-Apr-18 03:27 PM
Member since 13th Aug 2016
20 posts
#133775, "RE: It was a blast, though it was short"
In response to Reply #7

Great character, sad to see you go.

BTW, how the hell did you get evade to 100%? Even with skill learn, I can barely get into the 80s.

GLWYN!

BlkdrgnWed 18-Apr-18 05:39 PM
293 posts
#133782, "Skill learn was most of it, I did get a few betters in ..."
In response to Reply #10

Skill learn gave me 4% per each time it hit which is why gnome wisdom OP. I think it wasn't until in the mid 40s that I got it up to about 99% and got one last better in combat. There are ways for goodies and neutrals to get some improvements as well but that is in game sharing only.

cromWed 18-Apr-18 07:35 PM
Member since 13th Aug 2016
20 posts
#133784, "RE: Skill learn was most of it, I did get a few betters..."
In response to Reply #15

Thanks!

GilverTheSplitz (Anonymous)Wed 18-Apr-18 07:17 PM
Charter member
#133783, "RE: It was a blast, though it was short"
In response to Reply #7

That first time we talked...

"Wow you're an angry gnome."

I laughed so hard.

I enjoyed the adversarial nature of our relationship, and was looking forward to/dreading you hitting Vindi/Provost and turning into a menace.

I hope I helped break the monotony of being a Trib.

glwyn

PS: Come join the dark side. We have beer.

BlkdrgnWed 18-Apr-18 07:50 PM
293 posts
#133785, "Man your Manticore was difficult to deal with"
In response to Reply #16

Hard shell and lagging rake, ate me up most of the time. I always wondered why you and Linkan didn't cause more havoc than you guys did. When you two were together that one time, I was surprised I escaped, and I felt terrible as a player but really hated having to
warrant Durnot for attacking you guys which helped save me. If I prepped with shield and stone, you weren't nearly as bad and I could handle you a bit better.

Silverglitz (Anonymous)Wed 18-Apr-18 10:10 PM
Charter member
#133787, "RE: Man your Manticore was difficult to deal with"
In response to Reply #18

>>I always wondered why you and Linkan didn't cause more havoc than you guys did.

If our interactions left you confused/intrigued/surprised, then I am doing my job correctly.

Thanks!

RahsaelWed 18-Apr-18 11:13 AM
Member since 05th May 2017
232 posts
#133770, "Shrimp!"
In response to Reply #0

Man, you were a breath of fresh air. I can totally understand why you deleted - gnome warrior is about as rough as it gets. But still, it makes me sad. Thanks for the entertaining interactions and overall great quality, and good luck with your next!

Durnot (Anonymous)Wed 18-Apr-18 10:44 AM
Charter member
#133769, "RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Kipple Thiddledrip the Legend ..."
In response to Reply #0

Sorry to see this. I enjoy Kipple a lot.

GLWYN.

>Tue Apr 17 23:19:25 2018

At 5 o'clock PM, Day of the
>Great Gods, 5th of the Month of the Long Shadows
> on the Theran calendar Kipple perished, never to
>return.

>cellpadding=2]
Race:gnome
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:TRIBUNAL,
>the Blood
>Tribunal
Hours:143

Drissa (Anonymous)Wed 18-Apr-18 10:09 AM
Charter member
#133767, "Make something for Fort!"
In response to Reply #0

Liked you too, it was a shame our relationship cooled a bit. Good luck with whatever's next!

BlkdrgnWed 18-Apr-18 03:25 PM
293 posts
#133774, "I liked Drissa as Kipple"
In response to Reply #4

But when you started interfering with tribunal business and hurting Luciaquos, I got a little peeved with you in character. OOC I understood completely, but had to fight back even though I didn't want to. Kipple didn't want to be enemies with many but I couldn't just not defend those of the Spire. His agenda was criminals and those who wished to oppose the law. That's what I felt you were doing when you hunted Luciaquos and why I wanted to exemplify that I wasn't happy with your actions towards him even though you two had your differences.

Drissa (Anonymous)Wed 18-Apr-18 04:54 PM
Charter member
#133780, "Definitely get it, no hard feelings!"
In response to Reply #9

Drissa's relationship status with Tribunal: "It's complicated." No way I'd have just watched someone attack my groupmate in your position.

Zah (Anonymous)Wed 18-Apr-18 05:14 AM
Charter member
#133766, "You were a persistent little bugger"
In response to Reply #0

Gnome Warrior is something I tried long ago and swore never to do again, it is a tough combo. Add on top that you were basically vuln_Zah and it was always a horrible match up when we fought.

Despite this, you kept coming at me like the damned energiser bunny. Zah had no issue taking your skull, but as a player I felt awful killing you so many times. I did try to let you go/avoid you but you were extremely determined. I have a lot of respect for that.

You should try a Villager next time, that attitude and playstyle is perfectly suited for a fun time.

GLWYN

BlkdrgnWed 18-Apr-18 03:46 PM
293 posts
#133777, "You were a counter to my build, that's for sure. "
In response to Reply #3

Our fights were so weird to me. I'd go from tearing you a new ahole, to getting entwined, to dying. Also the first time we fought and you bloodthirsted in a 1v1 on eastern, I just... sat there in awe thinking "Either he felt I was a big threat or he's just a punk." You were tough for me but I felt I had some what of a chance as long as I could evade the first Entwine, which never seemed to happen even though I had gnomish tactician and 100% evade.

When I played villagers long ago, the bloodthirst in a 1v1 kinda fight was usually a nono and would get a hut burned with the quickness, especially if it was like an unprepped warrior. Bloodthirst was one of those things reserved for the 2v1, 3v1 situations or fighting a scion abs mage with 1500 hp from despoil, not for the 1v1 situations, but that's just my memory of village. I'd like to do village again with a character but the disturbing lack of mages each time I attempt just makes it an annoyance to play again without being a cheesy slimeball assassin or svirf axe spec.

Zah (Anonymous)Wed 18-Apr-18 05:14 PM
Charter member
#133781, "RE: You were a counter to my build, that's for sure. "
In response to Reply #12

I won't go into detail here but Zah has his IC reason to use it and as a player I felt I needed it in that situation anyway.

I'll explain more once I'm gone.

Chamst (Anonymous)Wed 18-Apr-18 12:29 AM
Charter member
#133765, "Thumbs up"
In response to Reply #0

Kipple felt like a real person and genuinely committed to his cause.

You almost got me a couple of times and I felt like your spec might be on the cusp of coming together well.

Sorry I didn't fight you more in town, although y you did comment that I was one of a few who would come into town to fight you at all. If it makes you feel better I did get taken down by an imperial tribunal combo when I last got too frisky in galadon, because they managed to catch up with me on the outskirts after I ran out.

I also chose you as part of my religious studies. The only enemy, and a sign of how much I liked your character.

I'd love to have a player like you in Outlander! Glwyn.

BlkdrgnWed 18-Apr-18 03:28 PM
293 posts
#133776, "RE: Thumbs up"
In response to Reply #2

Thanks a lot! That fight that ended up in Darsalyn though... ugh made me so sick that I went down that way. I wasn't mad at you about it one bit, just hated the RNG gave me the shaft lol. Chamst was an awesome experience that's for sure. I wanted to get you back for that, but you seemed to play during my early mornings which didn't too often get to play. Would have been fun if Chamst was in the same time line of Ghek, my previous Reaver, we could have done some damage.

JaegendarWed 18-Apr-18 12:01 AM
Member since 30th May 2014
136 posts
#133764, "RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Kipple Thiddledrip the Legend ..."
In response to Reply #0

Was really rooting for you.

How did you feel about the build?, would you have done anything different?

BlkdrgnWed 18-Apr-18 03:18 PM
293 posts
#133773, "The Build"
In response to Reply #1

The one thing that I didn't like is that I feel like spears aren't as defensive as they use to be, but it could have just been the gnome aspect of mid dex/low str. Daggers on the otherhand performed so much better than I thought. I concealed like crazy, I could hit artery and throw majority of the time and stab was about 70-80% reliable. Learning skills were a breeze though. Hamstring usually hit on the second attempt if I used it, but most times STSF kicked in with most opponents that it wasn't a necessity. It's hard to tell from my perspective but I thought I did well even against the elven races that also used daggers.

I think one time if I prepped with shield instead of just prot evil and SS, I could have beat Durnot in a fight and I was surprised how quick STSF worked on smart races and in most fights when it got all 5 tics, I was almost untouchable in some fights.

I can't say there was a much better choice than spear/dagger, because gnomes don't lag very well with bash/trip and with Autumn I sure didn't use bash. Misdirect was my skill to use in lagging situations and when it worked, it was great and in some cases sealed a few kills.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #133763 Previous topic | Next topic